Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully) - Page 21 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

Comments

• VGer2097VGer2097 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    @ApollyonVR Thank you very much. This would be very appreciate because sometimes my config is not powerful enough.
  • TOCA2FREAKTOCA2FREAK Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have installed V0.80.1 but I am unable to get it to start up when windows starts.  I even added a shortcut to the program into the startup folder for Windows 10 and still nothing.  I do have it to run as administrator.  I can only to get it to run by manually starting the app.  Please help
  • ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 366
    Trinity
    @TOCA2FREAK I'll look at this for next release. 
  • sherpa25sherpa25 Posts: 50
    Hiro Protagonist
    @TOCA2FREAK I'll look at this for next release. 
    FWIW, I also tried including OTT in a batch file (to open several apps - Joy2key, Crewchief, Ott, etc), but OTT wouldn't start too. Only way I can start OTT is through it's own icon. 
  • CitricCitric Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    edited September 2017
    @Citric are you on AMD or Intel?
    intel, ive tried everything i can think of but that annoying warning is still there, its not a big deal or anything but its just irritating
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,979 Valuable Player
    holloh said:
    Feature request: add a button (possibly under Oculus Library window) to reset the "hidden" shortcuts on Oculus Home. (I accidentally clicked "hide" on a steamVR program in Oculus Home and now I want to have it back)
    Ditto this.
  • Bridger15Bridger15 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I can't get the voice commands to work.  I downloaded the most recent version.  Installed it.  I have voice commands "enabled" and i made sure the Rift Audio was the default mic in my sound recording settings.  I've close and relaunched all the apps.  When i turn on performance monitor and launch a game, i can see it in game.  When i say "close overlay" i get no response at all.  none of the other voice commands seem to affect the overlay either.  I can't change it to one of the other overlays.

I have no idea what could be the casue.  Do i need to run windows speach recognition in the background or something?
  • SwirlyMapleSwirlyMaple Posts: 29
    Brain Burst
    Bridger15 said:
    I can't get the voice commands to work.  I downloaded the most recent version.  Installed it.  I have voice commands "enabled" and i made sure the Rift Audio was the default mic in my sound recording settings.  I've close and relaunched all the apps.  When i turn on performance monitor and launch a game, i can see it in game.  When i say "close overlay" i get no response at all.  none of the other voice commands seem to affect the overlay either.  I can't change it to one of the other overlays.

I have no idea what could be the casue.  Do i need to run windows speach recognition in the background or something?

I had this same difficulty. To make it work, you have to first say "computer, start listening" or "computer, speech on." Then your other commands should work (it'll give you a voice acknowledgement when it becomes active). To turn off the voice command recognition, say "computer, stop listening" or "computer, speech off."
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,979 Valuable Player
    I had a hell of a time trying to get my sound to work after using my Rift.....even with the audio switcher enabled.

Just a FYI
  • HoiHmanHoiHman Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited September 2017
    When starting up version .80.1 i get the notification :  Can't find a part of the path C:\manifests.  When i try to create game profiles i get the same notification. Version .69.2 is working fine
    Trinity
    @HoiHman I am looking at that issue, hoping to have it fixed in next release.
  • knob2001knob2001 Posts: 5 Oculus Start Member
    HoiHman said:
    When starting up version .80.1 i get the notification :  Can't find a part of the path C:\manifests.  When i try to create game profiles i get the same notification. Version .69.2 is working fine
    Same here! :) BTW, my Oculus library is on another drive (E:/) 
  • droseofcdroseofc Posts: 60
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited September 2017

I'm having an Update Found notification, but says...

Current Version: LabelCurrentVersion  

New version: Laber12 

Download: LinkLabel1

and when clicking the LinkLabel1 it says Unhandled exception has occured in your application...etc..... The System cannot find the file specified continue quit details

Under log it says Exception on startup: Configuration system failed to initialize

• WabbithuntnWabbithuntn Posts: 55
    Hiro Protagonist
    after updating from 0.70.0 to 0.80.1 I found when I next boot my PC it reverts to using 0.70.1 instead of 0.80.1. Initially, 0.80.1 does appear to be installed and only after restart 0.70.0 appears.
    NerveGear
    knob2001 said:
    HoiHman said:
    Same here! :) BTW, my Oculus library is on another drive (E:/) 
    Same here. Oculus is not installed on my C drive
    NerveGear
    When i copy the manifest folder from the oculus installation Drive (O in my case) to the C drive, traytool 0.80.1 launches without warnings.  
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited September 2017
    HoiHman said:
    When i copy the manifest folder from the oculus installation Drive (O in my case) to the C drive, traytool 0.80.1 launches without warnings.  
    Just for reference for @ApollyonVR, my Oculus folders are in Drive D, and it's working fine on my end, so not sure what's causing the issues with the others.

• gotBurnergotBurner Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    I think folks maybe just maybe are confused when creating an installation on C and a software storage relocation on another drive. I know I spotted some inconsistencies in what I read and what I saw. Some of the folders can be seen with the same names in different locations. Just my two cents observation. Hence, why I just reinstalled all to C and called it a day. For me, my C drive is the SSD with 1TB.
    Hiro Protagonist
    gotBurner said:
    I think folks maybe just maybe are confused when creating an installation on C and a software storage relocation on another drive. I know I spotted some inconsistencies in what I read and what I saw. Some of the folders can be seen with the same names in different locations. Just my two cents observation. Hence, why I just reinstalled all to C and called it a day. For me, my C drive is the SSD with 1TB.
    In my case, the folders are definitely in drive D (not an SSD).  Actually it was my issue at the start when first installing Oculus, that I couldn't install in drive C (boot and SSD) as I kept getting errors and had to send them my logs, until I read a line inside the log about some insufficient space in my C (even if it had a lot).  So I tried installing in my drive D and it worked, so my files are all in this drive.
  • SciFiBobSciFiBob Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    HI there, nice tool!

I am having a small problem that OTT can't find the \manifests folder.  I am 99% sure I know why but wanted to share so you can confirm / fix.

All my games and related software like Steam and Oculus are installed in c:\Games.  However his is NOT a folder but an NTFS mount point to a separate drive.

So the manifests are in c:\games\Oculus\Manifests

The OTT give the message "Could not find a part of the path c:\Oculus\Manifests"

I am going to assume that they way you have created the software is ignoring the \Games 'folder' because it's not really one.. but wanted to highlight this for you in case you can resolve it.

Thanks again
  • HydropsHydrops Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    I am also getting the same manifests error but error path is 'C:\Manifests'

My oculus is installed on C and library's on C too
  • KukurioKukurio Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Thanks for looking into issues. I was trying to install Oculus Tray Tools for the first time... however I'm having the same issue as many others. It gives me an error for C:Manifests 

I have Oculus installed on C:    & all my games on another drive ... F: 
  • KukurioKukurio Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Kukurio said:
    Thanks for looking into issues. I was trying to install Oculus Tray Tools for the first time... however I'm having the same issue as many others. It gives me an error for C:Manifests 

I fixed the issue.

I uninstalled Oculus Tray Tools - then re-installed it in F: drive.

It works fine! 
  • BatapotamusBatapotamus Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Kukurio said:
    Kukurio said:

I fixed the issue.

I uninstalled Oculus Tray Tools - then re-installed it in F: drive.

It works fine! 
    Yay... This worked for me too. Ran and Installed it to my H:\ drive where my Oculus library is and no more Manifest error.

I was was initially running the installer from my D: drive ( My apps drive where I store  all my apps)  to install to C:\ but my Oculus library is on H:\

• WildtWildt Posts: 1,936 Valuable Player
    edited September 2017
    Just freezes when I press the "profiles" button now :(
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
  • delano888delano888 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited September 2017
    Is it just me where any profile settings don't stay saved after a reboot? Whatever I setup, I have to do it every time, which kind of defeats the purpose, right?

Edit: ooops never hit update, so that's why.
    I guess I don't really notice SS that much, as apparently I haven't ever had it before now.
  • rdolivawrdolivaw Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Love the tool. Hate the .80.1 update. Hopefully .70.1 will work for the foreseeable future.
    Problems with .80 - User interface is more confusing and more poorly laid out.
    Games are auto-detected incorrectly EliteDangerous is detected as OMID.exe which doesn't exist. Adding the SteamVR icon in .80 is so confusing I never could figure it out.
    Didn't see any real functionality added in .80. Just messed up the UI.

Side note: it would be nice to adjust supersampling with a decimal number rather than a picklist. I set E:D to 1.25 SS, workaround by manually editing tray tool xml file.

Thanks for a nice tool, I sent you beer money.
  • RosgilliesRosgillies Posts: 142
    Art3mis
    Apollyonvr, where are you? Longest time between updates. As rdolivaw said 80 version is confusing and older version (70) was fine. If you are having difficulties suggest going back to basics maybe.Not a criticism of you as I also think you are a genius just an observation.
    Trinity
    Hi all!
    Been traveling for a bit and didn't want to release the new version without being able to monitor it. Releasing it now =)
  • RosgilliesRosgillies Posts: 142
    Art3mis
    Yay, he`s back. What a star.