cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sound from Rift Headphones after Playing a few Minutes

Oimann
Explorer

Hi,

i have the Problem, that the Sound of my Rift Headphones doenst work after some time. When I start Oculus Home the Sound out of the Headphones is fine. Somtimes after 5 Minutes, sometimes after 1 hour, the Headphones stop working. If i restart Oculus Home, the Sound is back again. Using my own Headphones with my Soundcard, there is no Problem.

Is this a known issue? Any work around to fix it?  

88 REPLIES 88

Duskbump
Explorer
Got my rift from amazon on 8/1... no audio after one min. Of playing... it just stops. Dissapointing. Opened a ticket, but no fix yet.  Also not able to download touch games.  Touch controllers not linked to my account. Support said they would look into the audio issue... been 24 hours with no follow up contact. So here i am with no audio in the demos and no games to play. Best 400$ purchase ever lol. Im giving support one more day to contact me... then its back to amazon with this rift.... and try the HTC VIVE.  Sad, because the rift looks amazing. 

Duskbump
Explorer

Duskbump said:

Got my rift from amazon on 8/1... no audio after one min. Of playing... it just stops. Dissapointing. Opened a ticket, but no fix yet.  Also not able to download touch games.  Touch controllers not linked to my account. Support said they would look into the audio issue... been 24 hours with no follow up contact. So here i am with no audio in the demos and no games to play. Best 400$ purchase ever lol. Im giving support one more day to contact me... then its back to amazon with this rift.... and try the HTC VIVE.  Sad, because the rift looks amazing. 

Update**** got it working by disabling the power save feature on the USB 3.0 ports.  right click the window button and select devices then fins USB3.0 hub and click the tab that allows the unchecking of the power-save feature.

But still cant download the touch games..... and its killing me that I cant play Robo recall, It was the reason I got this thing!!!! Fingers crossed, that I can download them soon.  

Duskbump
Explorer

Duskbump said:

Duskbump said:

Update**** got it working by disabling the power save feature on the USB 3.0 ports.  right click the window button and select devices then fins USB3.0 hub and click the tab that allows the unchecking of the power-save feature.

But still cant download the touch games..... and its killing me that I cant play Robo recall, It was the reason I got this thing!!!! Fingers crossed, that I can download them soon.  

New update: 
Played lastnight for 2 hrs. no problems... next day same issue. Then i realized that last night i was playing seated.  Tails game. Cool game.  Checked all the settings rebooted... same issue audio drops out after 2 min at most.  Oooo yea... still no games to download.  Customer service sends me one email per day. So im thinking they have alot of problems to solve right now!!!! Im hoping for help and a solution soon.  Playing my vive untill then

Duskbump
Explorer
Could it be a bad cable?  

Jacen_Sunrider
Explorer
Thanks for tips. I have ordered the supported usb pcie card. Hopefully it will improve the quality. So far I moved to usb 2.0 and it works but sound quality is not that good and tracking lags sometimes.

Hyybrid
Honored Guest
Having this issue as well. Not a connection issue as the problem goes away when Home is restarted. The problem is that it doesn't take very long for the sound to kick back out again. Like the original poster says, tends to be within 5 or so minutes. Very annoying.

Edit: Ok been using the Rift with no audio issues for the past couple days. Confirming that the problem was the USB 3.0 port. Swapped it for the one right next to it that had a senor plugged into it and everything has been working fine since.

Had weird issues with a couple of those ports before with transfers to external storage so I guess it was just the cheap MoBo itself... Damn you, ASRock.

Jacen_Sunrider
Explorer
So just to confirm, I have now installed and used the new pcie extension card (the one that is officially supported by Oculus) for a few days, and had no issues at all. Rift and two sensors, all on usb 3.0 now.

Duskbump
Explorer
My audio issue was in the usb 3.0 device drivers.  Just needed to download the latest version and disable the power saving option. Mobo is a msi 270z pro carbon. 

zhanyuco
Honored Guest
go use usb 3.0!
cheers!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got my Rift today... Having same issue. 
It is a driver related issue.
If you type the commands:
net stop audiosrv
net start audiosrv

Sometimes you also have to do:
net stop ovrservice
net start ovrservice

It will reboot your audio drivers on the PC and reboot the oculus software.
Then it works again without a PC reboot....
Hope they fix this soon 🙂 

Will let you know if I find a solution so that the issue does not occour in the first place