cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LA Noire The VR Case Files for HTC Vive

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Rockstar Games has just announced new versions of its detective thriller LA Noire for Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (releasing November 14th 2017). Alongside these three new console versions, they are taking their  first steps into virtual reality with L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files, featuring seven select cases from the original game rebuilt specifically for a virtual reality experience on the HTC VIVE.

-L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files for HTC Vive delivers seven of the original engrossing, self-contained cases from L.A. Noire rebuilt specifically for virtual reality, blending breathtaking action with true detective work to deliver an unprecedented interactive experience.

😮 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
37 REPLIES 37

Boneboys
Protege
LA Noire is (was) one of the best 3D Vision games available, the implementation was/is excellent, if you have the material required (120mhz screen + integrated capture & glasses).
I'm not surprised that it is the first Rockstar VR production, I will definitely buy, once sure that it works for us Rifters.

Good news for VR in general, Vive in particular.
Get a Grasp, get a Grip, get Rifting.

Percy1983
Superstar
No reason this won't work with the rift, shame the controls will be gimped down to the Vive dev kit... I mean commercially released wands, rather than use the full control the touch and probably knuckles will offer.
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is why this year will probably be the last year that Oculus announce another $250m for developers next year. The AAA titles are now starting to appear. Great news.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Atmos73 said:

Come come now. Devs have Knuckles. No gimping needed. If anything Rifters will get the gimped down Touch version lol

Atmos73 said:

But they're not appearing on OH where they need to be to make OH sustainable. 

Seriously... this thread isn't about Vive vs Rift; you lost that battle. Don't be such a sore loser, time to move on mister 😉

Also, all VR titles playable by the Rift will appear automatically in OH. I've downloaded external titles like the Tomb Raider 2 VR Mod and Resident Evil VR... both are now in my OH Library. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Atmos73 said:

They're not appearing to buy on Oculus Home is what I meant. You lose.

That's not what you said originally. Per usual, you lose one battle and then try to move the goal post. It's never worked for ya in the past, and aint gonna work for you here either. You lost, move on 😉

kojack
MVP
MVP
Having never played LA Noire, everything I know about it is from Gamer Poop videos, so my understanding may be a bit off. 🙂

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Percy1983 said:

No reason this won't work with the rift, shame the controls will be gimped down to the Vive dev kit... I mean commercially released wands, rather than use the full control the touch and probably knuckles will offer.

I'm sure the game will be cute n' all, but it is just a remaster of an original game. As most folks are saying on the related Facebook pages...
So instead of making a new la noire, they took the cheap route and decided to remaster

At least you are working on LA NOIRE. What about making a new game called LA NOIRE 2

Stop remastering all your games and make a godamn sequel

https://www.facebook.com/lanoire/

https://www.facebook.com/rockstargames/

I haven't seen anyone mention this on the forum yet, so might as well talk about it here (if Shadow doesn't mind). We should all expect to start seeing Vive exclusives popping up over the next year; as noted by the 2017 VR/AR Innovation Report, which can be downloaded here:
http://reg.vrdconf.com/VRDC-2017-Innovation-Report

I grabbed a copy and read through it. I thought about creating a new thread to discuss it, but the contents are prime for a "VR HMD War" which has been highly overplayed.

The thing I found most interesting is the fact that Developers are actively planning to make exclusive content for the Vive, as shows by these survey results:

kw8ks2pokv36.jpg

Now, before this goes flying off the rails, I want to say that I believe this is a good thing. Platform Exclusives are a very healthy way to use competition to drive innovation. For example, if La Noire remains exclusive to the Vive... my first thought is, "that's okay because Dead Secret 2 is coming to the Rift."

It's not about competition wars, it's about looking forward to the resulting innovation. Then maybe Rockstar Games will finally make an LA Noire sequel (as fans clearly want), and then Rift owners will look forward to Dead Secret 3! The cycle of fun continues. And that's what it's supposed to be about anyway: fun.

More exclusives are coming, and if Rift owners want to play them then we may have to do what other folks have done... download Revive to use its OpenXR Layer:
Revive Creator Joins OpenXR Initiative ‘to help create a truly open VR standard
https://www.roadtovr.com/revive-creator-joins-openxr-initiative-help-create-truly-open-vr-standard/

If I ever use Revive, it certainly won't be for a Remastered game.

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
Windows HMD's are not a platform, they are fancy monitors. It is not reasonable to argue that an Acer monitor exclusive is a good thing nor is it reasonable to argue the same for the Rift, Vive, Pimax 4k or any of the others.

kojack
MVP
MVP

Windows HMD's are not a platform, they are fancy monitors. It is not reasonable to argue that an Acer monitor exclusive is a good thing nor is it reasonable to argue the same for the Rift, Vive, Pimax 4k or any of the others.

Except monitors don't require that games are written with device specific sdks to run on them.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2