cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LA Noire The VR Case Files for HTC Vive

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Rockstar Games has just announced new versions of its detective thriller LA Noire for Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (releasing November 14th 2017). Alongside these three new console versions, they are taking their  first steps into virtual reality with L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files, featuring seven select cases from the original game rebuilt specifically for a virtual reality experience on the HTC VIVE.

-L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files for HTC Vive delivers seven of the original engrossing, self-contained cases from L.A. Noire rebuilt specifically for virtual reality, blending breathtaking action with true detective work to deliver an unprecedented interactive experience.

😮 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
37 REPLIES 37

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

nrosko said:
We have? exaggerating much.
AI is a proper game & there is little comparable to it on OH. If it had a proper conversion it would trounce everything on OH. 

AI didn't have a proper conversion so it's not even in a position to trounce anything. Also, there is a difference between multiple titles being amazing and a single title being the most amazing.

To think that AI would trounce everything in OH is far more an exaggeration than anything I've stated in this thread. Rift users have very much been exposed to amazing since its release; on multiple occasions. You don't have to agree, but your belief that AI would trounce everything is pure fictitious hyperbole.

Even if AI was remade for VR and it did trounce everything... that just means that it would be the most amazing title in a library with other amazing titles B)

nrosko
Superstar

Zenbane said:

nrosko said:
We have? exaggerating much.
AI is a proper game & there is little comparable to it on OH. If it had a proper conversion it would trounce everything on OH. 

AI didn't have a proper conversion so it's not even in a position to trounce anything. Also, there is a difference between multiple titles being amazing and a single title being the most amazing.

To think that AI would trounce everything in OH is far more an exaggeration than anything I've stated in this thread. Rift users have very much been exposed to amazing since its release; on multiple occasions. You don't have to agree, but your belief that AI would trounce everything is pure fictitious hyperbole.

Even if AI was remade for VR and it did trounce everything... that just means that it would be the most amazing title in a library with other amazing titles B)

Really what are all these amazing titles? How much is Zuckerberg paying you to say all this? 
Pretty much the majority made for VR content so far wouldn't get a sniff if they were up againsts what is released in 2d. Most vr only games are just a bit of fun multiplayer or very short 1 player games. 
VR is a miniscule market & we will continue to get mediocre scratch made VR titles for another few years at least. 
There is a noticeable difference when playing AI, it feel like a proper game even in its botched form. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

nrosko said:
Really what are all these amazing titles? How much is Zuckerberg paying you to say all this? 

How much is Sega paying you to oversell Alien Isolation? 😉

If you want to see which titles are Amazing, then have a look at the Games/Reviews MegaThread. Or use Google.

nrosko said:
Pretty much the majority made for VR content so far wouldn't get a sniff if they were up againsts what is released in 2d.

Both of your main arguments rely on "IF" statements, which means that your best arguments reside within the realm of Fantasy. This has nothing to do with VR vs 2D, this is about which VR titles have proven to make headlines and get user reviews that showcase an amazing experience. You aren't really offering up anything tangible, just a lot of meaningless banter.

nrosko said:
There is a noticeable difference when playing AI, it feel like a proper game even in its botched form. 

"There is no God but Alien Isolation, and nrosko is its Prophet"

AI development began in 2010, and it wasn't released until late 2014. I would hope and expect that a game taking 4 years to make would have a noticeable difference than games taking only 1-2 years of development time.

nrosko said:
Most vr only games are just a bit of fun multiplayer or very short 1 player games.

It sounds like you don't own any real VR Games.

nrosko
Superstar

Zenbane said:

nrosko said:

How much is Sega paying you to oversell Alien Isolation? 😉

If you want to see which titles are Amazing, then have a look at the Games/Reviews MegaThread. Or use Google.

nrosko said:
Pretty much the majority made for VR content so far wouldn't get a sniff if they were up againsts what is released in 2d.

Both of your main arguments rely on "IF" statements, which means that your best arguments reside within the realm of Fantasy. This has nothing to do with VR vs 2D, this is about which VR titles have proven to make headlines and get user reviews that showcase an amazing experience. You aren't really offering up anything tangible, just a lot of meaningless banter.

nrosko said:

"There is no God but Alien Isolation, and nrosko is its Prophet"

AI development began in 2010, and it wasn't released until late 2014. I would hope and expect that a game taking 4 years to make would have a noticeable difference than games taking only 1-2 years of development time.

nrosko said:
Most vr only games are just a bit of fun multiplayer or very short 1 player games.

It sounds like you don't own any real VR Games.

Nice try Zenbane but you are just creating strawmen. My argument isn't based on IF statements, do not quote out of context & say that is my argument. My argument Is based on the fact that we are not awash with amazing games on Oculus Home to counter your claim that Ai wouldn't be amazing for oculus home be cause we already have so  many amazing games.

And yes these bigger games take longer & they cost more we can agree on that but that doesn't mean i lower my standards. 
Conversions of these older games will offer something that we do not currently have, because it is very unlikely we will see scratch made for VR games that have any where near the resources.

btw i own over 240 vr titles. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

nrosko said:
Nice try Zenbane but you are just creating strawmen. My argument isn't based on IF statements

Wrong. These are direct quotes:
"If it had a proper conversion it would trounce everything on OH."

"Pretty much the majority made for VR content so far wouldn't get a sniff if they were up againsts what is released in 2d. "

Two arguments based on two "IF" statements. If you're denying what you typed then you must know your arguments are futile 😉

counter your claim that Ai wouldn't be amazing for oculus home
Wrong again. This is what I said:
"Even if AI was remade for VR and it did trounce everything... that just
means that it would be the most amazing title in a library with other
amazing titles."

nrosko said:
btw i own over 240 vr titles.

You argue like someone who owns 0 titles.

vannagirl
Consultant
well this thread ended up with

p64xl4twrogw.gif

I played a little of this back on 360, it was okay, well the questioning parts anyway i thought i read it is only some areas for this version in VR?

The idea seems great for VR though, i would love a full detective story for us. I will wait and see how this plays out though before anything, and maybe a sale
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Dead Secret is a rather amazing detective VR game with a good replay factor.

ogflatlander
Protege

vannagirl said:

well this thread ended up with

p64xl4twrogw.gif

I played a little of this back on 360, it was okay, well the questioning parts anyway i thought i read it is only some areas for this version in VR?

The idea seems great for VR though, i would love a full detective story for us. I will wait and see how this plays out though before anything, and maybe a sale

I believe you are correct.  There are parts taken out to play in VR, not the whole game. Mostly the questioning part (which was it's biggest niche), with some driving and shootouts of a particular case.  

I enjoyed the game as well on 360 and will probably skip the VR and replay the game on the Xbox One.