cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being a Gundam Robot Mech Recaptures My Childhood! - Iota Project Demo (Free on Steam!)

SadGamerDad
Heroic Explorer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BaWunB8N7E

The Iota Project is a pre-alpha early release demo where you are the pilot of a giant robot / mech and must destroy the craft and foe bots threatening a futuristic arcade style city. This was like becoming my favorite childhood birthday toy that my parents let me pick out for myself. Somewhere between childhood and teenage-dom that toy disappeared. Thanks to glorious VR I recapture my youthful zeal play, 21st century style.

Later Kiddos! - SGD

5 REPLIES 5

MowTin
Expert Trustee
It looks like one of those LEGO video games. 

I would love a Mechwarrior VR game. I can't believe one doesn't exist yet. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Siilk
Adventurer
Yeah, Iota is simplistic but quite fun for what it is. Also because of how you pilot it, the game seems to be more akin to Robot Jox than Gundam.

SadGamerDad
Heroic Explorer
I hope they make a lot more world to explore and various types of robot bosses to fight..  I like the child like look. Takes me right back to the Shogun warriors toys of the late 70's all come to life! 

SadGamerDad
Heroic Explorer
These things are worth bank now if you have them with all the parts and the box. $200-400 per 2 foot tall figure. 
pedod314hnwb.jpg

Rob_In_Phoenix
Rising Star
Wow, I had a Shogun Warrior Gaiking as a kid.  I haven't seen pictures of these in decades.  Too bad I didn't hang onto it.  I still have my commodore 64 though with original monitor.