cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Reason I haven't played in a while...too much equipment and cables

nerdVRBuddy
Protege
Yup That's the reason i haven't played my oculus in a while. There's too much equipment and stuff to  connect. How do you guys do it?
35 REPLIES 35

falken76
Expert Consultant
All I have to do is put on my headset and it's ready to go.  I don't have to set it up every time I use it.

Siilk
Adventurer
Yep, connected everything and left on my PC desk so for me it's just "grab the headset and motion controllers" and I'm good to go. But if you're in a situation where you have to disconnect everything before playing then yeah, you're in a bit of a pickle.

Mot666
Expert Protege
Two(four) plugs are keeping you from Rifting?

Roaster
Rising Star
You can make it easier to set up if you use a 3' extension cable for the HDMI and a powered usb 3 hub, so at least the connections are all in the front.  I glued a hub to one of the unused front 5" blankoff panels for semi-permanent installation. The case has two usb3 headers on the front.
I just leave it all connected anyway, but retain this setup from when I was switching back and forth with a Vive.

i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu

Anonymous
Not applicable
I too just leave everything connected, headset ready to go at a moments notice.

Devilstower
Expert Protege
I leave it all connected, with the "hat" just sitting there on my PC and the Touch controllers on my desk. When I feel like playing, I stick on the hat. I love that I can "see" the touch controllers through the display. In fact, I make a point of not picking them up in advance just so I can chuckle over that trick.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
AS everyone else has said, leave it all connected. My sensors are mounted high up on shelves, and my headset and Touch controllers are sitting by my PC ready to be picked up and used.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think I could cope with unplugging everything.  Not only would you have to plug everything again, but presumably you need to go through setup, calibrate Guardian etc as your sensors will be in slightly different positions.  No wonder you haven't played for a while.

danknugz
Superstar
i typically have to get real good and stoned before venturing into CV1, its the only way i can get over the measly FoV and low resolution ( and cables i guess, but i would rather higher fov and res before wireless)
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?