cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Reason I haven't played in a while...too much equipment and cables

nerdVRBuddy
Protege
Yup That's the reason i haven't played my oculus in a while. There's too much equipment and stuff to  connect. How do you guys do it?
35 REPLIES 35

danknugz
Superstar
guys i think he just meant that it was wired
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

Anonymous
Not applicable

danknugz said:

guys i think he just meant that it was wired

Are you sure?  He/she says "There's too much equipment and stuff to  connect." which why I thought they were talking about plugging stuff in (otherwise there is nothing to connect, it is all connected already).

danknugz
Superstar
i find it more probable that someone would see it as a fault of the device if they were referring to its wired nature as opposed to having to set it up every time (which really has nothing to do with CV1 but this persons own situation)
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

nerdVRBuddy
Protege
Well i would leave the headset outside but since we have cockroaches and stuff, i run the risk of putting on a headset full of critters, even spiderwebs. So i always have to roll the cable and put the rift back in the box or in a backpack i have

Siilk
Adventurer

Well i would leave the headset outside but since we have cockroaches and stuff, i run the risk of putting on a headset full of critters, even spiderwebs. So i always have to roll the cable and put the rift back in the box or in a backpack i have

Hi tech low life, eh? Seems like you're living a true cyberpunk life out there.

Roaster
Rising Star

I think I'd invent a plastic bag to handle that. I got some huge baggies from amazon like 12" x 16" to keep printer filament in.
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu

74Loki
Protege
I always just leave mine connected. I added a 10' USB 3.0 and HDMI extension to the headset. I then mounted some keybacks (those things that retract your keys back to your belt) to the ceiling with eye hooks. I then added some lightweight carabiners to the keybacks to run the cords through. That way my cable is never on the floor tripping me and extends when I need it to and retracts when I don't. Gives me plenty of cord for the 15' X 10' play space I have set up. The sensors all just stay where they are at all times.

danknugz
Superstar
i would love to put on my rift and have a cockroach hiss and run across my eyelids

falken76
Expert Consultant

Lol, why was this thread even started?  Your environment certainly isn't the norm that most of us experience around this kind of equipment.  The thread should be re-named to "Who else shares living space with Cockroaches and Spiders forcing you to put your headset away after use"

cybereality
Grand Champion

danknugz said:

i would love to put on my rift and have a cockroach hiss and run across my eyelids

Considering all the amazingly cool things @danknugz "hates", this is quite a statement.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV