cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading an earlier version of Oculus into Samsung Gear VR

mlearmonth
Protege
The latest update of Oculus software has stopped the Samsung VR app from running on my Samsung Gear VR with the message that 'Oculus updates needed. Instructions to receive new updates can be found at: https://support.oculus.com under 'SamsungGear VR - Oculus Software Update'. There are no Oculus updates at that URL and so far, upon Oculus' instructions, I have uninstalled and reinstalled both apps without fixing the problem. Can anyone tell me how to roll back to the previous Oculus app software?
6 REPLIES 6

tiagoo87
Honored Guest
same problem here, cant get to work

vignesanallu
Honored Guest
SAME PROBLEM 

matt10101
Honored Guest
SAME PROBLEM, I get the message when trying to open Oculus Video, other apps work...

pratapsagar
Honored Guest
 i am facing the same problem and still no words from the oculus support team ? 

Bhathiya
Honored Guest
Try uninstalling all Oculus related apps from the App Manager. Then re-install them using WiFi. Thats how i did it, mobile data might work. And everything is up and running. 

mlearmonth
Protege
I also had success once I uninstalled all the Oculus & Samsung apps and reinstalled them using WIFI after I had had no success directly linked. Once reinstalled and working, I deleted the latest version of 360 Photos and installed the earlier version with the good browser. That works and the only thing is I have to click NO to updating 360 Photos each time I run it.