cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV1 HDMI Issues using Mac Pro (Late 2013)

woogie2woogie
Honored Guest
I have managed to get very close to getting my CV1 working with my Mac Pro (Late 2013) with Dual AMD Fire Pro D500s.  Using bootcamp and drivers from http://www.bootcampdrivers.com/, I have managed to get the Oculus installer/setup running, but when prompted to plug in my Oculus hardware, the HDMI connection doesn't get recognized.  All other usb connections come up fine.  

I have tried both plugging in directly to the HDMI port on the MacPro as well as using a HDMI to mini display adapter.  The headset does show up as a display in my device manager, but does not come up as a display in the display controls or the AMD Catalyst software.  The other weird part is that the AMD drivers seem to recognize that there is a headset plugged in, as it will label my other two monitors as displays 2 and 3, but will not show display 1 in the options (which I am assuming is the oculus headset).

Does anyone have any info/advice on possible fixes?
7 REPLIES 7

woogie2woogie
Honored Guest
Bump

cybereality
Grand Champion
As far as I know, Mac hardware won't work at all (even under Bootcamp) due to not having compatible drivers. Sorry.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

woogie2woogie
Honored Guest

As far as I know, Mac hardware won't work at all (even under Bootcamp) due to not having compatible drivers. Sorry.

As I mentioned in my post, I have gotten the software to work using drivers I found online.  That doesnt seem to be the issue at hand.

GATOxVoS
Heroic Explorer
I've messed around with bootcamp before, a little bit, and even though you can get an .exe to run on your Mac, it does not mean it is compatible with the Oculus Rift (can't even get all .exe's to run properly if I remember correctly).

Even though your Mac can emulate a Windows OS environment, much of the underlying hardware that keeps the OS running is not the same. Oculus has suggested Mac support for the future, but as of right now, it seems that it is not supported/compatible.
PC Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
16 GB CAS-10 RAM @ 2400 MHz
Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
850W Corsair HX850 PSU
4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup

xWandererx
Heroic Explorer
"cough" wot no apple vr? "cough"

oz42
Honored Guest
woogie2woogie, I'm in the same situation! I took advantage of Oculus summer sale and have got to the same point as you. Firstly, of course, I had to update my Window 10 AMD drivers from bootcampdrivers.com (the latest drivers,17.8.2, didn't work but I did manage to get 17.5.2 to work). Did you get any further with this? I am stuck at the same 'HDMI not found' error. Interestingly, the headset does show up an image and I can move the mouse on to it (i.e. it is an extended screen). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

cplkao
Honored Guest
I have the same set up (Mac Pro with D500) and didn't have the HDMI problem when I plug it in straight to the HDMI port, but the image black out very frequently and not usable.