cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robinson: The Journey gets Touch support!

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Article.

A new patch today is supposed to add Touch support to Robinson: The Journey. I never went ahead and bought this one (still have a VR backlog to work my way through), but this may be a deciding factor that prompts me to take the leap.

Anyone who already has the game, do you want to test it and let us know how well the Touch support is implemented?

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo
21 REPLIES 21

bigmike20vt
Visionary
ooooo it was lack of touch which put me off.. My man cave is currently kids room dumping ground and my entire full room vr collection is gathering dust.. but once i am sorted out this will be a definite purchase now i think
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Morgrum
Expert Trustee

Atmos73 said:

Looks like it's no longer Rift exclusive. Wand support also.

Pretty sure wand support means nothing to us since we all use the Touch.
On a sidenote of things also not related to the conversation Zone of Enders mecha combat game is coming to VR.

As to the actual conversation not having Touch support is what put me off of the game getting it now I may rethink that decision.
WAAAGH!

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Atmos73 said:

Looks like it's no longer Rift exclusive. Wand support also.

Was this ever Rift exclusive? It released first on PSVR, but I think it came out on Steam a little after it was on Oculus Home.

Anyway, yes, it also has wand support (I don't think it got PS Move support, though). If it makes you feel better, the motion-control patch came to Steam before Oculus Home.

Edit: The article makes it sound like the game has been on Steam for a while, but didn't support Vive before this patch? Does that sound right?

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Atmos73 said:

Yeah it's a weird one. From what I can tell it was released on Steam but could only be played on Rift with controller making it Rift exclusive. Now with Wand support it's no longer Rift exclusive. 

I remember when people would talk about "Vive Exclusives" because some games only worked with the Bananas (Wands is less accurate), and Vivarians would argue against the notion that a hand-controller makes the software exclusive. Now we have you saying that Robinson the Journey was a "Rift" exclusive simply because it worked with an XBox controller??

Atmos... you don't know how to plug an XBox controller in to your PC? LMAO

LIsten, this game was absolutely NEVER a Rift Exclusive. It was available on the PlayStation-VR system, and Vive users with smarts were playing this earlier this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hmxVflBqXE

Is there any piece of information you can ever get right? Goodness.

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
I would say the person speaking rubbish is the moron who wrote the artice.
Besides why even go to those sites its full of folks who write anything against vr at every chance.
WAAAGH!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Atmos73 said:

So who’s talking rubbish?

Do you know what PlayStation VR is? This is the 3rd time in a row today you have been told that Robinson the Journey was available on PlayStation VR. Do you not understand how that makes any claims that it was a "Rift exclusive" total rubbish?

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/robinson-the-journey-ps4/

Either you don't know what "exclusive" means, or you don't understand what the phrase "PlayStation VR" entails 😄

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Morgrum said:

I would say the person speaking rubbish is the moron who wrote the artice.
Besides why even go to those sites its full of folks who write anything against vr at every chance.

The very first sentence in the article specifically states that this game began as a PlayStation VR exclusive. The game then opened up to the Rift, and now it has opened up to the Vive natively. So Atmos read all of that and still argues that it was a Rift exclusive. Mind-boggling.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

nalex66 said:

Article.

A new patch today is supposed to add Touch support to Robinson: The Journey. I never went ahead and bought this one (still have a VR backlog to work my way through), but this may be a deciding factor that prompts me to take the leap.

Anyone who already has the game, do you want to test it and let us know how well the Touch support is implemented?

I have some 12+ hours in to the game, already beaten it along with all side-quests. But I still have a few unlocks that have eluded me. I'd be happy to venture back in and try it out. Having spent so much time with it, I can already imagine how awesome Touch would be.

This game has elements of The Climb (wall climbing and sliding down rope/vines). Plus the puzzle aspect that involves object interaction. Very happy to hear about this update.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Yep, the Touch update is pretty badass. Climbing and sliding through the jungles has quite a bit more presence now. I just spent 2 hours getting the last few remaining Unlocks (I cheated and used e-Hints).

The Touch integration seems rather flawless. I found no tracking issues nor glitches. My favorite part was traversing the ladder that bridges a seemingly bottomless pit; with my hands held high above my head IRL. 

I've officially "completed" the game as of today; all Unlocks and Secrets complete. I'm glad I paused the game when I did, so that I was able to complete the rest using the Touch controllers.

Newcomers to this game are in for quite the treat.