cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Earth VR Crashing

Anonymous
Not applicable
My Google Earth VR keeps crashing! I even uninstalled and reinstalled and I get same issue!
23 REPLIES 23

infobits
Explorer
I finally figured out why Google Earth VR wouldn't start up on Oculus Rift on my laptop PC HDMI port. I had the Rift Headset Audio playback device disabled in my audio playback devices settings in Windows 10 Pro. It has to have the Rift Headset Audio enabled.  For all those with laptops with valid HDMI ports using a qualified discrete GPU, make sure you have the audio enabled for the Oculus Rift headset.  Then Google Earth VR will start up and not exit. It's working on my MSI GT73VR Titan Pro 425 laptop now using the single HDMI port. You don't need that separate mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter which by the way also requires the audio feed to be enable or it too won't work properly. Problem solved here.

infobits
Explorer
I finally figured out why Google Earth VR wouldn't start up on Oculus Rift on my laptop PC HDMI port. I had the Rift Headset Audio playback device disabled in my audio playback devices settings in Windows 10 Pro. It has to have the Rift Headset Audio enabled.  For all those with laptops with valid HDMI ports using a qualified discrete GPU, make sure you have the audio enabled for the Oculus Rift headset.  Then Google Earth VR will start up and not exit. It's working on my MSI GT73VR Titan Pro 425 laptop now using the single HDMI port. You don't need that separate mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter which by the way also requires the audio feed to be enable or it too won't work properly. Problem solved here.

Grafig
Honored Guest
I've got same issue. Running Rift on MBP using Win10 via Bootcamp, with GTX 1080Ti in Akitio Node, and every other app works fine. When I start Google Earth VR it usually crashes within a minute of starting, sometimes within a few seconds, completely shutting the Akitio Node down. Yet, occasionally, it will work fine. I really want to find a fix for this, as I want to use Google Earth VR. If I run Google Earth VR via Steam, it doesn't crash, but the 'floor' is at eye level (which maybe I can fix).

TvVliet
Sightseer
[SOLVED] I've been trying to fix this for WEEKS  but i've finally done it:

I went into Nvidia Control Panel -> manage 3d settings -> select earth VR (or other) -> change CUDA to main GPU, OPENGL to main GPU and Power to maximum

a01neqe41jpt.png