Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alien Isolation VR Mod Is On Its Way!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup. That's right!

SO HAPPY!!!  😄

It's 85-90% ready for a first release so far, details here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/6ldafu/some_new_progress_on_fixing_alien_isolation_in_vr/

😄 
276 REPLIES 276

bigmike20vt
Visionary

haboku said:

Tried the MOTHER VR Mod, and did what no other game has made to me: INCREDIBLE MOTION SICKNESS. After 10 minutes, was impossible to play.

it is harder than most games on the vr legs. its one of the reasons i suspect sega ditched official support after gettting it so close.  you gotta remember its now being done by a hobbyest,  he IS still working on getting it better. what version of the mod are you using? his 0.2 removed headbob completely which should help compared to the 0.11 version of the mod.

edit ninja'd by phoenixdigital.  he is totally spot on tho. never EVER push on through, once you get the warning clammyness make sure you call it a day. most people can build a tolerence over time, in small bitesized bits.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
I used technolust to get my VR legs.
WAAAGH!

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer
Sorry for the 'late to the party' post, but 9 total pages are way too much to read through! Will Alien Isolation ever get an official VR patch?? If not, is this fan made patch good? I've heard great things!  I love VR horror and have pretty solid VR legs, so is it worth a shot?

Thanks in advance guys/gals

SimplexPL
Protege
It's good but still an early version. 
Regards,
Simplex

Anonymous
Not applicable

JeremyC85 said:

Sorry for the 'late to the party' post, but 9 total pages are way too much to read through! Will Alien Isolation ever get an official VR patch?? If not, is this fan made patch good? I've heard great things!  I love VR horror and have pretty solid VR legs, so is it worth a shot?

Thanks in advance guys/gals

I don't think that it's too likely that we'll see an official patch but this patch is excellent. 😄

haboku
Protege

haboku said:

Tried the MOTHER VR Mod, and did what no other game has made to me: INCREDIBLE MOTION SICKNESS. After 10 minutes, was impossible to play.

Must quote myself after the latest update of MotherVR patch...

ONE OF THE MOST TERRIFYING VR EXPERIENCE LIVED USING AN OCULUS.

The developer added snap turning and no more motion sickness... Incredible the hard work and the efforts that this guy has made for the community. 

Once he release compatibility with touch controllers, and some features more, I'll be donating for sure!

If you haven't tried it, DO IT ASAP. If you -like me- tried a previous version of the patch, go and download the last one and enjoy ALIEN as you have never enjoyed before.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
When was snap turning introduced, or has it always been an option? I feel a bit sick playing this so would like to turn on snap turning. How do I do this?

haboku
Protege

RedRizla said:

When was snap turning introduced, or has it always been an option? I feel a bit sick playing this so would like to turn on snap turning. How do I do this?

Last week or so. He also added an option for resetting the view (LB+RB) and a lot of fixes more.

Chazmeister
Rising Star
I still haven't tried this yet and bought AI in a sale a while back. Is it best to fire it up in 2D first and set things up or does it work OK in VR from the off using the mod?

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee

I still haven't tried this yet and bought AI in a sale a while back. Is it best to fire it up in 2D first and set things up or does it work OK in VR from the off using the mod?

Good question, can anyone answer this? And also where do we download your mod? 

Thanks in advance.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!