Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus App restarting computer.

TGR82
Honored Guest

My rift has been working fine until today when I started the
app and it restarts my computer. Had it for about a month and everything has
been fine but yesterday I downloaded some new games, did a few updates etc.
(non rift) but today things are broken. Unfortunately I have no idea what I may
have changed that could cause the issue and forum searches come up with PSU
issues and I’m sure it can’t be that because I’ve been using it for a month.

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Might pull the logs for us and see what we can find, but even if it has been working for months - doesn't mean the power supply isn't the problem either. Power supply like any hardware can ware out over time. That is why they give them ratings like Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Plat. They mean how long they will keep their highest value before the start to drop. Possible that could be the problem. Not saying it is - I am just explaining that anything is possible even with a given amount of time.

TGR82
Honored Guest

Mradr said:

Might pull the logs for us and see what we can find, but even if it has been working for months - doesn't mean the power supply isn't the problem either. Power supply like any hardware can ware out over time. That is why they give them ratings like Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Plat. They mean how long they will keep their highest value before the start to drop. Possible that could be the problem. Not saying it is - I am just explaining that anything is possible even with a given amount of time.

I've done that, where do I send / post them?

TGR82
Honored Guest
Can anyone help?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please submit a support ticket. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

cybereality
Grand Champion
You can also upload your logs and we can take a look on the forum.
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

zorex
Sightseer
The same is happening to me until yesterday. I've been using the rift one year without problems.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you please post your logs here and also submit a ticket so we may investigate? Thanks.