cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware minimum vs nice experiance

thorschramme
Honored Guest
i ll receive my cv 1 tomorrow, And i ll see if my old setup 2x hd7990 s and the 4790 k with 32gb ram will stand the challenge, 

Feedback ll come ( i know my specs are pretty low, but we ll see)
17 REPLIES 17

cybereality
Grand Champion
In theory, there is probably a way to make multi-GPU function, but it would require move novel rendering schemes (meaning not AFR) and I seriously doubt it will happen any time soon.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

thorschramme
Honored Guest
Hey guys, got it running finaly, it runs pretty good on 7970, the fault was a old dp to hdmi connector

Dreamwriter
Rising Star
SLI will work with nVidia VR SLI, but for that to work you need a 1000-series nVidia card, and the game needs to support it (I don't know if any games support it yet, since Unity is only just now getting support for VR SLI and Unreal hasn't had it for much longer)

Synthetic
Rising Star
nividia are actually working on SLI

dont hold your breath tho

Corrado
Explorer
All VR Games looks like a 2000 Game, the Graphics are very weak.
I Play with a 780gtx with 90fps 

HaselHoof
Adventurer
I will just chime in with my own experience , i first used my rift with a GTX 970 and thought wow this is fantastic but i have recently updated to a GTX 1080 and now i'm going wow this is fantastic all over again the quality of the images i see are not only better but also clearer " i wear glasses normally but not in the rift so i put the blurry text down to my eyesight".
The rift will work on lower level video cards and like me you will probably be happy with it " as you dont know any different " but install a better video card and you will be shocked at how much better it looks.
Which leaves me with thoughts of why some people love the rift and some people are disapointed with it. I think pc specs could be the problem with a lot of peoples experiences and why some games give them problems.
Anyway i love my rift all the more since my video card update and the best upgrade ive done.

My pc specs are a i5-2500k stock 16gb ram and a ssd for my os and an ssd for my rift games.

Chadd-Westland
Explorer

Good advice it confirms nicely all the other post I have
read across forums.

I shall sell my 970 and purchase a 1080 : )

I too wear glasses, the view is better, sharper with them than with out.

I have found that with out glasses objects directly ahead are fine, but not to
the sides, my glasses correct this.

I have a i7 two SSD's 32gb ram.

God Bless

Chadd-Westland
Explorer

Hallo HaselHoof,

There are several manufactures of this card.

I wonder if you desided on a specific one over the others, and could you say why.

Advice on that one would be much appreciated.

God Bless Allen