cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
Oculus Tray Tool  
current version: 0.87.3

What is it?
In short; It’s a free application that helps you get the most out of your Rift. It is developed by me, ApollyonVR, with the support of the community for beta testing. Please note that this application is not an official piece software from Oculus, I am not affiliated with Oculus in any way. Any issues you
have with this application should be reported to me and not Oculus support. You can reach me here on the forums or by contacting me at ApollyonVR@gmail.com

Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) has many features that will hopefully help you get the very best VR experience. It has options that help you automatically switch audio and microphone to the Rift and back, handle the Oculus runtime service, voice commands, batch import Steam games (added to OTT by the awesome @headkaze over at http://headsoft.com.au), replace icons for your games and more.

It’s primary feature however, is the ability to create “Profiles” for you VR Games and apps.
Within these Profiles, you set how Asyncronous SpaceWarp (ASW) should act, increase the perceived resolution by using Supersampling and increase the CPU Priority of a given app to get the most juice out of your system for that specific application.
Once a Profile has been created for a game or app, OTT will detect when it is started and apply the
profile for it, without the need for taking your headset of.

If you want to have a peek at all the things OTT can do for you before installing the application, check the User Guide pdf. The latest version of this application will always be right below this intro, but the app also checks for available updates on startup.

Enjoy, have fun and please report any issues, suggestion or feature requests to me using the above mentioned methods. Oh, and feel free to buy me a coffee by using the PayPal button in-app. 🙂

The very nice people over at Guru3d.com have been kind enough to host some mirrors for the setups, so make sure to pay them a visit!
-----------

UPDATE 03/08

Hi all!
It's been a while since i released a new version, but now the time has come! 😃
I'm looking for ppl who want to test the new version before public release.
There are primarily changes for the Quest but anyone is welcome to test it.
Just drop an email to ApollyonVR@gmail.com and i'll get you a download link
and some instructions. Also include what type of headset (Rift or Quest)
that you are using.

Also, i now have a proper domain for the website, so swing by www.ApollyonVR.com
and check out the new Forum! If you have questions, comments or suggestions

that is the place to post them. 😃

Below are the release notes for the new version. Please note that this is a Beta version

for testing the new features. If you just want to use a stable version of OTT then head

over to www.apollyonvr.com and simply download the latest version.

Version 0.87.7
* Oculus Dash will now use the same CPU Priority as what you set for OVR Server.
* Added a "Comments" option to Profiles.
* Implemented Paolod29's code for a permanent AirLink (https://github.com/pd29/oculus-airlink-enabler).
* Added more choices to the Quest Link settings for "Bitrate" and "Encode Resolution".
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Encode Dynamic Bitrate" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added option for "Dynamic Bitrate Max" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added "FOV Multiplier" to Profiles. Setting this to a value lower than 1, for example 0.8,
will increase FPS due to less pixels being drawn at the expense of lower FOV.
* When creating a brand new Profile, the current settings from the Game Settings tab will be used.
This will make it even easier to create a new Profile! Simply experiment with different settings
on the Game Settings tab, and when you have found the perfect combo for a given game those
settings are copied over when you click "Create new Profile".

* Added option to Disable profiles.

* Redesigned the Profiles window a bit.
* Fixed some bugs.

Cheers!
1,867 REPLIES 1,867

mvosonegro
Explorer
Most times when I launch the OTT and it in turn launches the Oculus app, nothing shows up in the HMD, the display is dark.  I end up having to close and launch the Oculus app several times to get the HMD to work.

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@mvosonegro Not sure what is causing that to be honest. Do you also start the OVR service on OTT start? In either case you can try and change the <StartHomeDelay> parameter in the config.xml file. Just open the file with a text editor and find that parameter. It should by default be set to 3 seconds, so try increasing it to 5 or similar and see if that works better.

legi0
Honored Guest
@ApollyonVR does your tool apply the Super sampling to SteamVR as well, if opened via the Oculus Library or seperately?

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
0.81.2 is up for grabs on the front page.
@legi0  Yes it should, but some games might not work properly, but i hope most do.

Anonymous
Not applicable

0.81.2 is up for grabs on the front page.
@legi0  Yes it should, but some games might not work properly, but i hope most do.

Thanks so much for the continued updates!

mcfil
Honored Guest
Hi. games profiles stop working after the Oculus home closes first time.
This means that I have obliged restart OTT every time to make profiles game worked.
Why?

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
Oculus Home needs to be running for OTT to detect game starts and apply profile settings. As long as OTT is running you should be able to start and close Home without having to restart OTT. Or at least that’s the idea. If you need to restart OTT every time you restart Home i made an error somewhere. 

sherpa25
Protege

Oculus Home needs to be running for OTT to detect game starts and apply profile settings. As long as OTT is running you should be able to start and close Home without having to restart OTT. Or at least that’s the idea. If you need to restart OTT every time you restart Home i made an error somewhere. 

Just to clarify this, as I run Project Cars 2 (PC2) with Oculus Home closed, because it takes some significant resource.  So after starting OHome, I should close it only after running PC2, or can I close it before running PC2?  My previous procedure was to close OHome after starting it (ie. just after the health warning), then run PC2 and only OTT.  

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
If you want/need to close Home you should do it after starting your game or OTT will not detect it and will not apply the profile settings. The game detection process starts when Home is detected as running, and stops when Home is closed. When you start a game, look in the Log window you should see if the game is detected and the profile applied, or you can use the Audio confirmation to get that info.

mcfil
Honored Guest

Yes. I need to restart OTT every time I restart Oculus Home. if I don't restart the OTT -the games profiles are not working.
(In Log window there is no record that the profile is applied)