Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medium 1.3 Release Notes!!

naycorn
Heroic Explorer

Oculus Medium: Autumn Harvest

ral77cj0nx04.png

New Features

• Publish your Medium sculpts from VR to your Facebook feed as dynamic 3D Posts

• Use the “Share Sculpt” option in the Control Panel to connect your Facebook to your Medium account, and share creations to your newsfeed

• On Facebook, your Medium sculpt will be displayed as a 3D model with parallax that can be manipulated like a gyroscope and viewed in all its glory

• Sharing sculpts to the Medium sharing site - including editing description and Creative Commons license - can now be completely done in VR if you’ve already signed in to your Oculus account

• FAQ for Version 1.0

• Toggling “Share to Facebook” will share your currently loaded sculpt to your Facebook feed; Toggling “Share to Public Gallery” will share your sculpt to your Artist Gallery as well. This allows you to share to Facebook without sharing to your Gallery, and vice versa.

• Turning off your Skybox in Medium will render your background the solid color of your choosing; keeping the Skybox on in Medium will render a gray gradient background

• Only default material works at this time - Emissive or metal material will appear as default

• The orientation of your sculpt can be found in your 2D preview image

• There is currently an upload limit of 400 MB

• You are still unable to share sculpts from the Home Screen - You must load them into your scene first

• Sharing recordings, photos, and videos from your Home screen will bring up the Edit Asset page on the web browser

• Sharing to Facebook from an asset page in the Gallery will post a 2D preview image to your Feed - To share a 3D model to your Feed, you must share from inside Medium

• 3D Web Viewer for Sculpts on the Sharing Site

• Share a sculpt to your gallery from Medium and view it by clicking “My Artist Gallery” in the header of www.oculus.com/medium

• You can know use your mouse to completely turn around a sculpt in 360 degrees, and use Shift+Scroll to zoom in and out

• Turning off your Skybox in Medium will render your background the solid color of your choosing; keeping the Skybox on in Medium will render a gray gradient background

• Only works when sharing sculpts from the 1.3 Release - To share an older sculpt to use the web viewer, download and resave the sculpt in the newest version, and then share to your gallery

• Easier than ever to get started in Medium, and level up your skills

• New “Learn” page: https://www.oculus.com/medium/learn/ with 2D tutorials. Watch the videos in your browser, or download them directly into your Tutorials library in Medium. We’re launching with eight Basics videos, but will regularly update with new Tutorials, from beginner to advanced, with instructors from the Medium team and artists like Gio Nakpil and Dom Qwek.

• Robust in-context video tooltips: hover on any part of the UI and text with accompanying looping videos will pop up to describe how to use the feature

• New, updated User Manual: Visit this link to check out the newest User Manual PDF

• Steady Stroke

• Use lazy mouse to control a smoothed stroke, and remove the high frequency and jitter that comes from drawing with your hand in the air

• Works with clay tool, paint tool, inflate tool, and smooth tool

• Tool applicator editing

• Instead of tumbling your stamp, detach your applicator from your tool and reapply to hold your tool in the most intuitive way for your sculpting

• Works with clay tool, paint tool in brush mode, swirl tool, and move tool by moving your Tool hand thumbstick to the left or right, and releasing to reapply. Press the reset button to go back to your tool’s default.

• Movable dialogs

• Squeeze the grip while close to tool settings, manipulation menus, and active layer settings to move the dialog and have it persist

• The dialog will disappear when you hover away from it. It will respawn in its original location.

• Added tapered capsule used for swept sphere strokes

• If you feather with the trigger or use taper, it more smoothly comes in and out instead of as ridges

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug around sculpts jumping in place after manipulating.

• Fixed an infinite loading bug around using the move tool as your alt tool.

• Fixed a rare bug that overwrote existing saves with 0kb sculpt saves.

• Fixed two crashes around watching a VR recording that opened the home screen and had a reference mesh in the scene.

• Fixed a UI inconsistency that had to do with tutorial duration showing in seconds - changed to minutes.

• Improved save and export time.

51 REPLIES 51

Sterling77
Rising Star
Getting Crashes everytime I use medium - whenever I select from a menu - I posted the issue in thread, would love to know if your aware of the crashing, and what kind of turnaround a patch would be in effect ? How do i install the previous version ? 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/52965/sterlings-sketchbook

lucasaguirre
Explorer
Same here, getting crashes all the time. Like Sterling said, when i select from menues also. 
Cannot use medium since this update   😐

Windows gave me this ucrtbase.DLL error.

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Anyone else? Anyone got no problems? Disabled auto app updates til I got at least one success story 😮

Astralite
Protege
Opened Medium, loaded pumpkin contest piece....hovered over "increase resolution" in layer menu, crashed.
Repeated the same process, still crashed.
Third time tried to "flip" the default sphere. Crashed upon hovered over flip.

So, pretty much unusable atm, just when I got back into the Medium obsession...

MattHickman
Rising Star
Are any of the folks who are crashing using Revive?

Anonymous
Not applicable
So many awesome updates, stroke tool is great!

For the facebook upload - is there a way to check and re-orientation your model? When I upload to FB its the wrong orientation and just spins weirdly on my phone

rbrook
Explorer
I'm trying to run Medium using Revive, used to work fine until this update, now i get this error:

zxeh8obahohy.png

edit: Installed the latest pre-release of Revive and now it starts up!

Sterling77
Rising Star
No revive 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/52965/sterlings-sketchbook

Astralite
Protege
I'm on Rift running it from Oculus Library