cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARKTIKA.1 User Reviews

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Please post your rating of this game taking into consideration fun factor, value for money, overall polish and using the following criteria if you have purchased/played the game:

5 Stars - Awesome Must Buy
4 Stars - Very Good Not essential.
3 Stars - Average 
2 Stars - Below Average
1 Star  - Poor/ Avoid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ml2Miskj84

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
58 REPLIES 58

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Loving this so far, and I'm going to do a write-up by comparing it to other VR games I've enjoyed over the last 17 months:
  • The opening sequence already had me at a win the moment I could roll down the power windows, open the glove box, and hand the ID card through out to the NPC Guard.
  • The snowy setting takes me back to Edge of Nowhere, only now I'm in First Person.
  • The players apartment building is a bit interactive (controlling the Windows/Lighting) and reminded me of Technolust. In fact, the entire setting has a mild Steampunk feel to it. The outer areas remind me of the Technolust Wastelands, only snowy.
  • Being able to put on a VR Headset in the game ala Super Hot is just badass. I often found the Super Hot in-game VR HMD to function rather oddly when placing it on my head. The Rift inside Arktika works perfectly.
  • The gun retrieving system has a slight upgrade from Robo Recall with the ability to hear/sense the vibrations when your hands are close to their position on your back.
  • The interactive map system combines the single player campaign tracking of Robo Recall with the interactive nature of the map in The Unspoken.
  • The node-based Teleportation system is on par with Wilson's Heart in that it does not feel like an afterthought. The positions are very strategic and combat gets rather intense.
  • The strategy and speed of the Porting/Shooting combat functions a lot like Damaged Core, only things happen much more quickly.
  • The ability to get all upgrades via a 3D Printer is a great addition to the in-game VR operability. It takes the interactive 3D printer from First Contact and add's the fun element of gun-additions.
  • The gun scope add-on works wonderfully, and somehow manages to add a real element of 'presence' when you bring it up towards your eye. It actually works a bit better than the scope in Dead & Buried.
  • Special shoutout the game's lore, specifically the use of the phrase Baba Yaga. It gets introduced early on... and if you're a John Wick fan like myself, then there's much love for the Baba Yaga.

This game is already addictive, and I can't wait to engage in at least 2 or 3 full playthroughs.

texbanc
Honored Guest
Love the game but am finding it very buggy.  Frozen 3 times today during the cargo mission.  Also during this mission at the top of line 1 I turn on the screen, teleport over to get the fuse and then have nothing to put it in.  Anyone?

rVRcloset
Heroic Explorer
A bit early to give it a score yet, have only done three missions.
Really liking it so far though!

But is it just me, or are the bullets traveling a bit slow?
The Closet Sim Rig
Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star

texbanc said:

Love the game but am finding it very buggy.  Frozen 3 times today during the cargo mission.  Also during this mission at the top of line 1 I turn on the screen, teleport over to get the fuse and then have nothing to put it in.  Anyone?

Remove the fuse on the left, replace it with the fuse on the right marked spare or something like.

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star
5 stars for sure, 6 stars for how hot the assistant is... don’t judge me

MowTin
Expert Trustee

heppsan said:

A bit early to give it a score yet, have only done three missions.
Really liking it so far though!

But is it just me, or are the bullets traveling a bit slow?

Yeah, I noticed that when shooting at moving targets. Odd choice. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

DerekSpeare
Adventurer
I've encountered a situation where the torch attachment works in the Armory but then doesn't work on the Cargo Mission 😕
derekspearedesigns.com

Applecorp
Rising Star
Very buggy game, picking stuff up is clumsy too. The robot boss glitched for me (and others) where it''s impossible to kill cause the vulnerable leg parts do not "glow" after getting the first battery.. Had to redo the whole level.

Fun when it works though.

cybereality
Grand Champion
5 Stars. This is the best game right now. I was a huge fan of Metro and this does not disappoint.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV