cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more utilites in Oculus Home after holding back button?

Grakou
Honored Guest
After making the Oculus Home update in the past months I'm not seeing all the utilities anymore (like: movie capture, look-through camera, etc). I'm just being taken to an empty cosmic space with "Invite a friend" stuff and "Return to App" icon. Where did all the important utilities go?

Using Gear VR 1.
4 REPLIES 4

maybenotstig
Honored Guest
Just had to go through Samung Gear VR chat support. If you uninstall Oculus and reinstall it it will prompt you to sign in with facebook and your oculus account after reinstallation. I did all that and can now access an updated looking "Universal Menu". I suspect it has something to do with the facebook linking...

JMDaemon
Expert Protege
one of the more recent updates changes that screen. I believe all the options are still available just placed elsewhere. 

auriga60
Honored Guest
Problem: Hold back button for Oculus settings menu but instead get add friend, and return to app button. Solution: Remove your phone from vr gear headset, open oculus app, click on more at the bottom right, then click on log out at the very bottom of this menu. I put the headset with phone inserted on at this point and went through a few screens, but then it just said I had to remove the phone to login to the app. It looked like I only had the choice to login by linking Facebook at first, but if you read the small print it says sign in under that. Click on that. I signed in with my Oculus email and password then put the headset back on. Waited for home screen then held the back button down. It loaded for a bit and then the new Universal settings menu came up. Hope this helps.

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you are experiencing this issue can you please submit a ticket? Also, after you submit, send me a PM with your ticket number so I can follow up. Thanks.
https://support.oculus.com
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV