cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will You Buy The Oculus GO?

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
A steal at $199 for some but if you own a Rift are you a little bit interested in this standalone VR HMD?

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
77 REPLIES 77

KenSniper
Adventurer
I'm waiting for  how Santa Cruz will turn out then I will decide between the two

madamluck
Heroic Explorer
I already have the rift so no I won’t buy the go or the Santa Cruz for myself. I am however mildly interested in possibly purchasing for my older kids . My thinking is if they have their own then they will leave my rift alone lol. But I want to wait until after they have released to see if they are worth it first.

kojack
MVP
MVP
I'll want to know the actual specs (how it compares to a Galaxy S(x) or Note (x)) first, but I'm most likely buying one for my mother. She loves VR and enjoyed the GearVR. Her phone is too old to run a GearVR otherwise I'd give her mine (it's worthless to me, my Note 8 won't fit in it). All of her computing is done by an ultrabook and an old imac, she's not going to get a gaming pc.

The Go also seems better from a developer point of view. Less software bloat in the way, no need to keep inserting/removing the phone. I might get one for myself for my planned warehouse scale experiments.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

If you don't have a good desk with your PC or laptop all ready and set up you won't use that PC/laptop much.

This will get used so much more than a Gear VR with phone.  It's a great step forward.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

kzintzi
Trustee
not sure if I'm going to get one for the kids or not..
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

BrokenSymmetry
Heroic Explorer
Depends on the quality and amount of software available I guess.

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
Not a chance, Candy Crush VR doesn't interest me. 😛

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
What about Bejeweled VR? Or Angry Birds VR!
WAAAGH!

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
The Rift master race presence is quite strong here.

:# 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Anonymous
Not applicable
The Rift Master Race presence is strong EVERYWHERE. Why do you think there isn't an HTC Vive forum..? 😮 😛