cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyperkin Touch Skin is Actually Pretty Cool

cybereality
Grand Champion
I bought this Touch skin randomly, and it's actually pretty cool.

https://www.amazon.com/Hyperkin-GelShell-Controller-Silicone-Oculus-pc/dp/B0758M1Z81/

The feel is really nice, and it should at least offer some protection. The downside is the it looks a little odd and you have to take it off to replace the batteries. Anyone else try a skin on Touch?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
19 REPLIES 19

kzintzi
Trustee
I didn't even know this was a thing until now.. will check it out :smile:

Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry I have to :)) Condom for the touch huh:)?? Was it a bad touch ;)?? Rawr

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yeah, they do look kind of silly, but the feel is nice (please, no more jokes).

I actually just got these other ones today.

https://www.amazon.com/Oculus-Touch-Controller-Asterion-Products/dp/B073VD9CVQ/

They don't quite feel as nice as the Hyperkin ones, but they look 100x better and still feel alright.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Roaster
Rising Star
What I'd like to have is an extension for the pickle to fit my hand. These are sized for a child.
My little finger is down by the lanyard and it's just difficult to get a grip on.
Those stippled for my pleasure ones look like they might help.
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu

Sharpfish
Heroic Explorer

Roaster said:

What I'd like to have is an extension for the pickle to fit my hand. These are sized for a child.
My little finger is down by the lanyard and it's just difficult to get a grip on.
Those stippled for my pleasure ones look like they might help.

I suspect you have Elephantitus of the hands. They fit my hands fine and I'm an 'adult' (and 6 foot tall).
EX DK2/VIVE/PSVR/CV1/Q2/PSVR2 | Currently Quest Pro (PCVR) | VR developer
RTX 3080 FE / 12900k / Windows 11 Pro

cybereality
Grand Champion
The Asterion skins are really nice actually. Especially when playing Arktika.1. Makes Touch have a more gun like feel with the texture of the hand-piece. 

A_Force
Expert Protege
But the Asterion ones dont really look like they protect at all, in contrast to the first one you posted.
I mean, the ring area extending around the grip is always what would take the hit if you were to crash into something or hit a wall.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Correct. The Asterion is for look/feel only. The Hyperkin actually provides protection..

Thmoas
Rising Star
As on Onward player, having big hands and  _not_  hitting my controlling into walls, what would you propose from the two? I can get slightly sweaty hands while in tense situations, the black one with dimples seems like an improvement?

Thanks for advice!