cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please reduce the price of the single sensor

Dan1018
Adventurer
One sensor in Italy cost 70 euro, it's too much considering microsoft offer inside out tracking built in for the price of the oculus bundle. and we need 3 sensor for proper roomscale.
please consider making a sale's for europe or a price drop. seriously it's a lot of money.
18 REPLIES 18

cybernettr
Superstar
On a related note, I had to buy a replacement Rift and so I got an extra sensor with it, but the cord is too short to place it on the other side of the room. What extension cord is recommended for use with this? 

Dan1018
Adventurer

On a related note, I had to buy a replacement Rift and so I got an extra sensor with it, but the cord is too short to place it on the other side of the room. What extension cord is recommended for use with this? 

this is ok, but at about 30 euro I bought one.... https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B01FQ88CHS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dan1018
Adventurer
if someone wants to sell me a used sensor let me know please (shipped in italy).

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer
I hate these sensors, they need better ones..
But yes, I agree.

Dan1018
Adventurer

But yes, I agree.

I hope to still be able to use them also with CV2 even if they will use new models of sensor. because 70 euro of sensor + 30 euro of cable (lol) "this is money" I mean (for me work). If this investement last 10 years is ok but I cant't imagine to see my sensors closed in a drawer in 3 years by now.

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee

But yes, I agree.

Why do you hate them mate?

I've no had any issues with my 2 sensor setup?
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Dan1018
Adventurer

Why do you hate them mate?

I've no had any issues with my 2 sensor setup?

try for example "budget cuts" game demo (probably the best vr game demo available at the moment), when you need to pick up knives from the ground.... in that game moment 3 sensors could be very appreciated. me and my friends have had a lot of problems in that moment we have seen awkward situations.

RonsonPL
Heroic Explorer

There are no core gamers from big corpo's perspective and I don't mean FB but all of them.
You either are a casual or filthy rich ultra-enthusiast ready to shell out 1500$ for a 1080p monitor just because it has two panels together (32:9) and the fact that single panel monitor costs 130$ (so like 70-100 to manufacture) does not matter.

Likewise: Since you cannot be a normal user and third sensor isn't for casuals, you will have to pay a lot for it and it won't change as long as people keep buying 600$ 60Hz "gaming" monitors, 500$ "gaming" motherboards, normal gamepads at 200% of the price cause Nintendo called them "pro" etc.

Third sensor is useless for casuals and pricing of USB cables and other things (then the huge price and just as huge price drop not even a year later) also speaks volumes about how focused on PC VR Facebook is. If you are not a casual, you are filthy rich so enjoy being screwed. 70€ for a sensor? Be happy it's just 200% of the price it should have. And don't be so sure it won't be "fixed" (even higher price) in the future.

So in my opinion you can forget about any price drop. Maybe. Maybe they will graciously allow normal users to buy a bundle with 3 sensors at normal(-ish) price at one point, but that's basically the best you can hope for. I mean, we are talking here about company that sells USB cable for 60€ and a cheap crappy remote for like 500% of what it costs.
You think it's because they didn't know it's too much and a forum post will change their minds about sensor price?
It could, but it would take a lot of people complaining. A really big group of people. And whenever anyone dares to speak anything but praises here, fanboys jump out to slap him/her. You know. Cause they love VR and this is how they help it to get better.
Yeah. I don't understand it either.
Not an Oculus hater, but not a fan anymore. Still lots of respect for the team-Carmack, Abrash. Oculus is driven by big corporation principles now. That brings painful effects already, more to come in the future. This is not the Oculus I once cheered for.

Dan1018
Adventurer

RonsonPL said:

There are no core gamers from big corpo's perspective and I don't mean FB but all of them.
You either are a casual or filthy rich ultra-enthusiast ready to shell out 1500$ for a 1080p monitor just because it has two panels together (32:9) and the fact that single panel monitor costs 130$ (so like 70-100 to manufacture) does not matter.

Likewise: Since you cannot be a normal user and third sensor isn't for casuals, you will have to pay a lot for it and it won't change as long as people keep buying 600$ 60Hz "gaming" monitors, 500$ "gaming" motherboards, normal gamepads at 200% of the price cause Nintendo called them "pro" etc.

Third sensor is useless for casuals and pricing of USB cables and other things (then the huge price and just as huge price drop not even a year later) also speaks volumes about how focused on PC VR Facebook is. If you are not a casual, you are filthy rich so enjoy being screwed. 70€ for a sensor? Be happy it's just 200% of the price it should have. And don't be so sure it won't be "fixed" (even higher price) in the future.

So in my opinion you can forget about any price drop. Maybe. Maybe they will graciously allow normal users to buy a bundle with 3 sensors at normal(-ish) price at one point, but that's basically the best you can hope for. I mean, we are talking here about company that sells USB cable for 60€ and a cheap crappy remote for like 500% of what it costs.
You think it's because they didn't know it's too much and a forum post will change their minds about sensor price?
It could, but it would take a lot of people complaining. A really big group of people. And whenever anyone dares to speak anything but praises here, fanboys jump out to slap him/her. You know. Cause they love VR and this is how they help it to get better.
Yeah. I don't understand it either.

I'm not rich (never been) and I have huge problems with work, so buying Oculus as core gamer was a gesture of trust I literally took -all- the money I've been saving in my closet to buy it (I bought the summer's bundle), that's why I ask them to be careful with prices.
I don't even have the right GPU at the moment because too costly (one year of saving to buy the GPU). I've economic problems and I'm not a casusal gamer, I started with a SNES and I love games. I prefere to pick on an art game instead than a casual game... I'm I the only core gamer here that can't afford 100 euro for a 70euro sensor + a 30 euro 10 meter cable to reach the opposite wall of the room?
sorry for all those "I", I just hope that some Oculus corporation people can read the truth behind my topic. But as you say it's hard to belive, just cross fingers.