cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Medium Releases & Updates

naycorn
Heroic Explorer
Welcome to Oculus Medium! Medium uses Touch controllers to let you sculpt, model, paint, and play in virtual reality.

Please post all questions and feedback to this forum. 

You can share your sculpts with us! Find the Medium team @OculusMedium on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Happy sculpting!

Latest Update: 

Medium 2.3.3 Release Notes

km9xq0tlhhdu.png

Fixes:

• Fixed an occasional crash when selecting a Scene Graph node that didn't have an action menu (ie. the Grid node)

258 REPLIES 258

Sterling77
Rising Star
This is a mock up of a desktop helper app. super basic design - non distracting / easy to use just super helpful and creative power. There could also be some power in the drag and drop of image references. Its basically running concurrently with medium - and the info displayed can show you upload status and so many other helpful stuff. 

5wd8pdgktk7t.jpg
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/52965/sterlings-sketchbook

Sterling77
Rising Star
@MattHickman - I have noticed a bug in the lighting - for freaky friday I was setting up a light for car headlights - and when your view passes near the light the right hand eye gets like a clipping issue or redraw prob - It can be easily reproduced - also with the mirror plane, is there a plan to have the hot selection more direct, as i have experienced moving the light around the mirror plane activates to bright green - and your forced to grab the light from a different location. And in turn placing the light near the mirror plane - the laser pointer makes it active, on and off. I hope you get what I mean. 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/52965/sterlings-sketchbook

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Being able to hide the mirror plane in scene mode would be awesome. It really gets in the way like @Sterling77 says. I wonder if it might be an idea to hide all the other assets whenever you have the grab button held on the light. If I'm manipulating the light I want to see how my sculpt looks, not see how it looks with a giant glowing flat plane bisecting it.

Also (kinda similar) hide layer highlighting when material menu is activated. I want to see how the surface looks, and I can't because it's glowing all weird colours.

naycorn
Heroic Explorer

masterchop
Protege
I didnt see anything about MR, did you included that one? the MR samples shows meduim footage

naycorn
Heroic Explorer

Medium Ver. 1.2.1 Release Notes

Summer of Move patch!! Dive into Medium to play with the Move tool! Try Studio Share with a friend!

Summary:

Medium Bug fixes

• Fixed an issue with the friends list being capped at 25 friends in Studio Share.

• Added iconography to indicate online status of friends in Studio Share.

• Fixed an issue with stamp previews and stamp tool tips not appearing in recordings made on a previous version.

• Fixed a crash loading references from a previous version.

• Fixed an issue with severe artifacting when using make stamp from layer from high resolution layers.

• Min sculpt origin scale is now .01

thoiter
Protege
I think a couple of small changes/additions which would improve the user work flow would be:
1. An option to change the sensitivity of the thumbstick when adjusting brush size. It's currently very sensitive and the slightest tap = a big leap in brush size. It's difficult to fine tune without going into the options and adjusting it there which is obviously not ideal..
2. An option to save custom settings on tools. I usually have my flow rates etc set quite low so I have to adjust them all every time I go into Medium. To be able to save them as custom defaults would be epic.
Oh and dodge, burn, and saturation tools would be cool too 🙂

MeneerDouma
Honored Guest
I need help please. Oculus medium stopped working.. Says: unable to initialize Oculus Rift
Other oculus software works fine

Metrons
Expert Protege
Is it possible to use oculus with a Wacom mobile studio pro? Any solutions, anyone tried this already?

Cheers

MattHickman
Rising Star

Metrons said:

Is it possible to use oculus with a Wacom mobile studio pro? Any solutions, anyone tried this already?

Cheers

Oculus Medium only works with Touch controllers.