cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Issue

Dafreakzo
Protege
Hi all!  I am having an issue with Paypal and the Oculus store.  For whatever reason it only gives me the options to choose from my linked bank accounts as forms of payment with no option to use my Paypal balance.  I have also spoken with other people who say that they do have the option for the balance but when they select it they receive an error.  Is this an issue that we need to take up with Oculus or is this an issue that needs to be addressed with Paypal?  Thanks!

rq1ddya2n8s1.png
11 REPLIES 11

cybereality
Grand Champion
Is this for a hardware or software purchase?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Dafreakzo
Protege

Is this for a hardware or software purchase?

Software purchase.  The screenshot is from the Oculus app on Android.  You can choose Paypal as a payment method but only supplies me with these bank account options even though I have money in my paypal balance.

cybereality
Grand Champion
It may be a setting on PayPal, as I'm pretty sure paying with your PayPal balance is working for many customers. So the best thing is to check your PayPal settings or contact PayPal support. If that doesn't help, please feel free to submit a support ticket to us. Thanks. 
https://support.oculus.com
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Dafreakzo
Protege

It may be a setting on PayPal, as I'm pretty sure paying with your PayPal balance is working for many customers. So the best thing is to check your PayPal settings or contact PayPal support. If that doesn't help, please feel free to submit a support ticket to us. Thanks. 
https://support.oculus.com

Just spoke with Paypal support via phone.  They said that it is very common for this to happen and that it is an issue on the Oculus side that is preventing the balance from being taken out.  Say's instead it is just showing the available sources, but not the balance as an option.

I tried the support.oculus.com website and it just leads me back to these forums.  Who can I speak to in regards to this?  Is there any sort of zendesk ticketing system?  Thank you for your help.

Dafreakzo
Protege
I found the support ticket link.  Thanks.

cybereality
Grand Champion
We do actually support payment with PayPal Balance, but you must first setup your PayPal account with a Bank Account or Credit Card prior to using Balance. Thanks.

Dafreakzo
Protege
@cybereality I already have two bank accounts linked to it, as shown in the screenshot I provided in the op post..so unfortunately that is not correct.

cybereality
Grand Champion
I think you might need to go into PayPal settings and make sure PayPal Balance is the default option.

Dafreakzo
Protege
Got this resolved with Paypal support.  Thanks a billion @cybereality!