cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

That's me (back)

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Well this forum has gone off the rails. Mods let 2 year old post away here with far worse content than Zen or Atmos ever posted. I enjoyed reading both their posts and I am truly disheartened to see them banned (again) the forum rules only seem to apply to those two no? Anyone can come on here and slag off the oculus company AND its employees but the post and poster remain. I've enjoyed my time posting here over the last couple of years but will not post anymore. I will read the threads but that's it. Some of the mods need to lighten up in some areas and toughen up in others. Nuff said. Cheers 
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

69 REPLIES 69

Heaney555
Honored Guest

kevinw729 said:

vannagirl said:
yes, he stopped taking kevins trolling bait only to bite harder on Atmos hook, i am sure he is able though to do the same

The only "troll baiting" I see here is from you @vannagirl - you tried to step in and bait myself on a number of occasions trying to play the "usual suspects" game, and claiming to speak for him and his views - rewriting the history of his bannings. He was banned for offensive and troll-ish behaviour. If you think he was baited into that that is your problem. And trying to claim that anyone that shares a different opinion or asks questions is "undermining" the company and VR shows how vulnerable your position really is. Stop trying to be a diet-Zen, you just don't have the chops for it. 

I think wanna girl is very wrong to have baited Kevin in this forum.  He was not involved in the discussion until she troll baited him in clear violation of forums rules and insulted him by name.  I am willing to come back to these forums now that I see permanent trolls like zenbane and atmos are now permanently banned, but I feel vanna should be temporarily banned for attacking Kevin in a thread he had no mentions in until her mean attack.  If she attacks Kevin again after the temporary ban she must also be permanently banned.  Cyber do the right thing here, Kevin has provided great insider info that has benefited us all tremendously and I am proud to see you start bringing a professional level of moderation here.  1 week ban for vanna girl for attacking Kevin please.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Like I've said earlier, @vannagirl raised a VERY valid point. @kevinw729 has continually baited @Zenbane in the past without getting any grief because of it (unless like I said he's received PMs from Mods regarding his behaviour).

To say that @vannagirl should get banned is completely ridiculous, and I'm not just saying that because I'm living under her floorboards either.

Heaney555
Honored Guest

kevinw729 said:
You have to ask yourself, if you are the new marketing director of OVR, and you see the individuals that are champion your product range getting banned for jerkish and bullying behaviour, do you still want that forum to get traction considering what is happening with FB's new forum policing policy?

I find the new directions facebook is taking with this company very good.  Carmack talking about bringing 1 billion users into vr, his truthful critical comments of the problems he saw and sees at facebook, builds tremendous good will with this community that can take facebook very far with the industry.  Cyberealityus professional moderation of these forums to remove troll baiters like vanna, zen, atmos, etc is a good show of fair moderation that may bring back many quality professionals to these boards.  I will be sure to tell fellow facebook shareholders that cyber like Carmack is a true asset to the long term viability of this company.

elboffor
Consultant
hmmm,
that style of posting seems very familiar, (martin landau, cleverusername, atariVR spring to mind)

also just so you all know, Zenbane don't have a reddit account. He gets himself into enough trouble without joining the depth of reddit (or so he has said previously)
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Heaney555? That is quite a clever username...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
That isn't Martin Landau, it's Heaney from Reddit. Completely different person.

vannagirl
Consultant
I love a guy who has a cleverusername and knows how to use it 😄
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

elboffor
Consultant
That isn't Heaney from Reddit, it's Martin Landau. Completely different person.
(see what i did there?)

vannagirl
Consultant
The zenbane impersonation on reddit was nice though.

It takes a special kind of cwaaaaaaazy to think that up
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

elboffor
Consultant
it's homage to him, must be