That's me (back) - Page 2 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

That's me (back)

Comments

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,907 Valuable Player
    Like I've said earlier, @vannagirl raised a VERY valid point. @kevinw729 has continually baited @Zenbane in the past without getting any grief because of it (unless like I said he's received PMs from Mods regarding his behaviour).

To say that @vannagirl should get banned is completely ridiculous, and I'm not just saying that because I'm living under her floorboards either.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • Heaney555Heaney555 Posts: 4
    NerveGear

kevinw729 said:
    You have to ask yourself, if you are the new marketing director of OVR, and you see the individuals that are champion your product range getting banned for jerkish and bullying behaviour, do you still want that forum to get traction considering what is happening with FB's new forum policing policy?
    I find the new directions facebook is taking with this company very good.  Carmack talking about bringing 1 billion users into vr, his truthful critical comments of the problems he saw and sees at facebook, builds tremendous good will with this community that can take facebook very far with the industry.  Cyberealityus professional moderation of these forums to remove troll baiters like vanna, zen, atmos, etc is a good show of fair moderation that may bring back many quality professionals to these boards.  I will be sure to tell fellow facebook shareholders that cyber like Carmack is a true asset to the long term viability of this company.
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    hmmm,
    that style of posting seems very familiar, (martin landau, cleverusername, atariVR spring to mind)

also just so you all know, Zenbane don't have a reddit account. He gets himself into enough trouble without joining the depth of reddit (or so he has said previously)
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Heaney555? That is quite a clever username...
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    That isn't Martin Landau, it's Heaney from Reddit. Completely different person.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

• vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 2,002 Valuable Player
    I love a guy who has a cleverusername and knows how to use it :D
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 2,002 Valuable Player
    The zenbane impersonation on reddit was nice though.

It takes a special kind of cwaaaaaaazy to think that up
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
    it's homage to him, must be
    Ooops, I foolishly thought it was heany from Reddit lol

So if this person has been banned multiple times why isn't he banned every time he makes a new username?

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,582 Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 2017
    snowdog said:
    So if this person has been banned multiple times why isn't he banned every time he makes a new username?
    He is (and has been). Shame, I missed my chance to ask him for some more choice quotes from his hero Kevin. I particularly liked his story about Kevin's comments on Lady Diana's death before his last ban. Funny that Kevin always waits for Martin to be banned before publicly disavowing their friendship. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • kevinw729kevinw729 Posts: 4,546 Valuable Player
    edited October 2017
    Its always strange when people put words in your mouth - especially when they try and skew their argument hoping they can build an agenda on stuff that was not even said, but they try and imply to discredit rather than deal with the discussion.

Look, I am going to deal in the most polite terms I can with each accusation - to see if we can clear the air and get this forum back to a civil and rounded discussion, like it previously was before toxicity took over. Okay, to the main issues levelled at me:

nalex66 said:owdog said:
    Funny that Kevin always waits for Martin to be banned before publicly disavowing their friendship. 
    Funny how that is not true - like the "usual suspect", I have given up using that individuals name, and removed them from the oxygen of publicity to try and calm the Mod's workload in having to deal with his attacks.

I do not think I need to disavow anything - as it makes you sound like you are entitle to make demands - but am happy for the record to say I knew the individual in the past, and also know of a number of other early VR community members, having been in the in this latest phase of development from the beginning. Sadly not all of them have taken the current state of the business well, and I have had to remove myself from dealing with some of them. As we know the individual in question has some real mental issues, and I do not like taking advantage of people with problems, and I think some other posters should also reconsider how they deal with some posters.

Morgrum said:

Dunno Vanna Kevins pretty diehard about rebranding his vr arcade to be called some sort of vr entertainment name but aside from that he is not that bad.

Kevin does come up with some interesting info from other venues unlike Atmos who comes just to troll and cry in the background that his Vive is dying.

Thanks @Morgrum - I try and inject some view from our alternative position, and it is appreciated the comments we get back.

I understand, because I question many of the developments, and stand by my opinions that that can get under some posters skin, not only because I also have my own column and write about the business, and am a known individual in the business. So, as many have observed, my posts are more occasional of late (part for business reasons and part for keeping things calm).

I know that some posters that support the "usual suspect" and enjoy his antics are unhappy to see their man get his fourth banning, while for other posters who are more objective of what OVR is doing, seem to tread the lines of the forum rules. It is kind of sad that the champion-poster of OVR is constantly allowing himself to get into shouting matches (I do not believe he is baited, as that means he has no control over his actions - and he does).

I do not think personal attacks against my business is a smart thing to try and prove their point, and the attempts to bait me, by attacking what we are doing in the out-of-home entertainment field, are never going to work - and anyway personal attacks are obviously sailing close to the rules of the forum?

vannagirl said:
    ......This exactly, i used to enjoy your posts Kevin back in the day but all you do is seed discontent posts, make wild accusations around "the company / management" and never go back on any of them  when they are found to be untrue. I am not the first to mention this or the last

You also need to look up Trolling
    I really think that you need to look at the difference between making observations and having a difference of view, to lying that you accused me of, and of baiting. And the attempt to say that whatever you accuse me of is equal to needing me to be banned, as the actions of the "usual suspect". He was banned on this occasion as the Mod stated for being a Jerk, and offensive to another poster. And on the previous occasion he was banned for being a Jerk, stalking and trolling behaviour (along with a personal attack which he had to remove and apologies for). 

It would take a pretty warped view to claim that I have entered into that - and the constant claim I stated false facts - when in reality the thing that set him off was that I observed how much the relationship between OVR and MS had changed, that saw a wall of text from him that was questionable. We know the "usual suspect" tried to lock-out posts from me to this forum, and was closed down hard by the Mods for trying that - trying to repeat his attempt from a different direction is just wrong and below you - no matter how much to claim to have enjoyed my posts in the past.

Oh and regarding trolling - please understand, I have never claimed to troll - where the "usual suspect" actually boasted in his last discussion singing Cyber's praises to actually being "the troll" of the site - pot, kettle, black?

snowdog said:
    She raises a valid point regarding your baiting tbh. You seem to get away with it every time too, unless you've had PMs from the mods that we're unaware of..?
    You are mistaken, I have not addressed a post to the "usual suspect" or mentioned his name after his second banning last year - and while trying to allude that I have some "understanding" with the Mod, my communications with Cyber, while private, I am happy to reveal that Cyber did contact me when the "usual suspect" apologies for the last troll and stalker attack that got him banned then, and I was asked if I agreed with the proposed punishment - and was also told of how that individual had apologies to both the Mods and FB for his attack and he would not do it again - only now to get banned again. That is the only communication I have had.

Anyway, that is far and away enough from me on this subject. The question has to be can we deal with respect and open minds with each other, and remove the atmosphere of "them and us". The console-war style of discussion should just end here with the latest bannings, and we should move on. There are a lot of great subjects to discuss, and we do not need to see more bannings if everyone stays civil.  B)
    P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
    "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities"
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
  • FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player
    @Techy111 but your posts always made me laugh!  <3
  • WildtWildt Posts: 1,936 Valuable Player
    I don't mind two guys insisting on having the last word in an endless loop as long as it doesn't stoop to personal insults. It was apparently the most entertaining thing for a lot of people on this forum.

Personally I just wish there was more focus on the products on the market, instead of more or less unfounded speculation about what's gonna happen next and why. What product is superior, and what company will prevail. Fuck cares.. enjoy what you bought, or buy something else dag nabbit. For me this is like hooligans rooting for their team, but without any actual entertaining sport to witness.
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
    I agree that many people found the infighting and and insult throwing enjoyable - the peanut gallery was strong with them, and even tried to encourage or exasperate the situation for greater viewing [guilty]pleasure! 

But @Wildt - is not the "general" discussion forum for general stuff - and the specific machine and hardware related aspects of OVR aimed in the other discussions. To be frank, other that GearVR DOE stuff I try and stay clear of the user enjoyment aspects. You must have noticed a lot of the older posters have either reverted to these corners, or just left the forum to enjoy the sweet sweet VR enjoyment  :o
    P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
    "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities"
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
  • Star-lizardStar-lizard Posts: 319
    Trinity
    edited October 2017
    kevinw729 said:
    I agree that many people found the infighting and and insult throwing enjoyable - the peanut gallery was strong with them, and even tried to encourage or exasperate the situation for greater viewing [guilty]pleasure! 

But @Wildt - is not the "general" discussion forum for general stuff - and the specific machine and hardware related aspects of OVR aimed in the other discussions. To be frank, other that GearVR DOE stuff I try and stay clear of the user enjoyment aspects. You must have noticed a lot of the older posters have either reverted to these corners, or just left the forum to enjoy the sweet sweet VR enjoyment  :o
    So you find it ok to call others names but you complain about how they behaived. Or do you feel refering to others hear as peanut gallery ok 
    Star-lizard said:
    So you find it ok to call others names but you complain about how they behaived. Or do you feel refering to others hear[sp] as peanut gallery ok 
    I was not aware that the term "the peanut gallery" was a derogatory term, I use it to mean the online spectators to another's antics:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peanut_gallery

If it is a term of offence then that was not the intention.
    P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
  • Star-lizardStar-lizard Posts: 319
    Trinity
    @kevinw729 ; all I'm saying is before you refer to a group of people by a name you should do your research. I'm not going to post history or definitions but you being a writer I'd suggest you google this team before using it again. I do not think your intention was intended in its offend others

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    edited October 2017
    I'm not sure I would say "peanut gallery" is derogatory, but I would definitely take is as an inflammatory comment. You know (or can assume) people will take offense and react with words like that, and those kinds of posts are usually what trigger the really negative types of comments we are trying to avoid in the first place. Cause and effect.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    I hear your point @Cybereality - in using a term like that it groups people together in a way that can be seen as "triggering" with a negative connotation - taken on-board and will be removed from further usage. 
    P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,599 Valuable Player

I had to just because I heard the statement... Couldn't resist!

WAAAGH!
  • Log_a_FrogLog_a_Frog Posts: 1,045
    Trinity
    Techy111 said:
    Well this forum has gone off the rails. Mods let 2 year old post away here with far worse content than Zen or Atmos ever posted. I enjoyed reading both their posts and I am truly disheartened to see them banned (again) the forum rules only seem to apply to those two no? Anyone can come on here and slag off the oculus company AND its employees but the post and poster remain. I've enjoyed my time posting here over the last couple of years but will not post anymore. I will read the threads but that's it. Some of the mods need to lighten up in some areas and toughen up in others. Nuff said. Cheers 
    Think of the children and world peace. 
    vannagirl said:
    When you post about general vr it has been great, when you bait.....

If you haven't already, please us that ignore button i am not going to fall into the same ban trap. We are the usual suspects after all :*

Well, thanks for proving the point made in my "wall of text" - by ignoring everything, and just trying to find the bits to try and start an argument.

I agree, ignoring you is the best policy - especially your attempts to claim that you are being trapped or "baited" - don't worry, we always knew you were one of the "usual suspects" supporters.
    P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
    kevinw729 
    don't worry, we always knew you were one of the "usual suspects" supporters.
    Amd there we have grouping and an inflamatory comment.

Just because people agree with what people say in certain circumstances it doesnt mean they are supporters either.

I dont agree with everyone all the time, but i do agree with some of them some of the time.

Now lets get back on topic.
    Ill miss you being around here techy, without your input gow are we going to knpw you are ignoring the frog?
    Agree, everyone is entitled to their view  - but lets be civil, and avoid baiting. But as you said back to the topic.... ignoring the frog?  ;)
    P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
  • danknugzdanknugz Posts: 1,988
    3Jane
    i would like to add my .02 here and respectfully request that zanbane is not allowed back because quite simply, he hs been banned three times already.

Its not about whether you like him (moreso the case that he has manipulated you into liking him because he is a sociopath), its about following forum rules, basic decency and ettiquette. All of which zanbane has blatantly violated on a daily basis, and he makes this forum and everyone else who is a normal person here look bad and constantly cringing at his attempts at getting attention.
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    A: Top-posting.
    Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?
  • danknugzdanknugz Posts: 1,988
    3Jane
    danknugz said:
    its about following forum rules, basic decency and ettiquette.

That's quite a statement coming from you. Especially when you're the author of such gems as:
    https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/439549/#Comment_439549 
    and
    https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/414498/p1
    Keep in mind that the leniency of the forum applies to more than just one person.
    fair enough. those may have been immature jokes but rise nowhere to the level of abuse zanabne dishes out daily and in such volume. you should know better cyberreality, youve already had to ban him THREE times.

This is not about whatever stupid little clique all the johnny come latelies made and come here to circle jerk everday. its about VR discussion (not arguing) plain and simple, and being able to donthat without some asshole giving snide remark #737890. I dont understand why thats so hard for some people to understand.
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    A: Top-posting.
    Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?