cybernettr
Superstar
AltSpace
VTime
Facebook spaces
Bigscreen
VSpatial
Feel free to add to the list. 

I know socializing in VR is supposed to be the next big thing, but it’s too early to know when or if it will take off. 
18 REPLIES 18

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
Never understood the appeal of them. My "social apps" are things like Guild Wars 2 and IL2:BoS multiplayer.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just use bigscreen for the great desktop integration... all the rest are a bit creepy...

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I was interested in being social I wouldn't be sitting alone in the dark playing video games lol 😮 😄

Siilk
Adventurer

how many social apps do we need?

Like none of 'em?

kojack
MVP
MVP
As many as it takes to get one right? 🙂

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Cpt_Custard
Adventurer
My social apps are pubg, eso, warframe etc etc all while on discord chatting with the people I am playing with.

Currently VR has very little of this for me and I am finding VR to be quite 'anti' social. The only game I have atm for my style of gameplay is Elite Dangerous.

Where are all the 'relaxing' multiplayer games for VR? I mean Echo Arena is fun for 30 mins but I want to sit down after work not jump about all night!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

It should be pretty much down to the Big Two currently: Facebook's Spaces and Microsoft's AltSpace.

Kinda funny that they both have the word "space" in it. Something tells me that Facebook Spaces has the marketing edge here
😘

Nekto2
Superstar
We need more!
https://sansar.com/

You could download beta 🙂

Nekto2
Superstar

Where are all the 'relaxing' multiplayer games for VR? I mean Echo Arena is fun for 30 mins but I want to sit down after work not jump about all night!

You could play it while sitting 😉
It is fun. More controller oriented and strategic.