Lone Echo Depleted dig site Bug (spoiler) — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Lone Echo Depleted dig site Bug (spoiler)

Oops01Oops01 Posts: 75
Hiro Protagonist
HI all I'm having a problem at the Depleted dig site I get the generator online, direct power to the sensor array (blue markers on the cables show power to it) and I then hit the button and turn the array to face the anomaly, then the screen shows it powering up, then the flash but that's it. I have seen on youtube that the panel is supposed to be cut open at that point but all I get is smoke coming from the panel, I can't cut it open as it doesn't highlight. I have tried this numerous times to the point it getting really annoying.
Anyone have a solution I have seen on the forums that others have had similar problems but nothing is working for me.

Comments

• RUNAWAY1981RUNAWAY1981 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited October 2017
    I have the same problem any help plzzz  cannot pass this point. I have reloaded 20 times from different save points restarted game but nothing. also I'm getting a lot of stuttering now since the update.
  • woozie77woozie77 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    same here, pointed dish at anomaly, it starts downloading the data, then the flash happens but story doesnt continue. Array status screen remains at "downloading" with full progress bar. Tried a savegame before i arrived at depleted dig site but still the same issue. 
  • Oops01Oops01 Posts: 75
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited October 2017
    Hi, guys, I got it to work eventually I had to go right back to one of my first saves (i.e. quit the game then load game and click the left arrow to get to the first saves) I started just as I left the space station (I'm at work atm & can't remember the name of the space station lol) on my first mission and first time riding the fury transporter, went through all the missions as they came up and when I got to the Depleted dig site it worked. :) phew 

After reading through this thread, there do seem to be quite a few bugs/flaws with this game, I'm quite surprised it was released in this state, I'm sure the devs are aware of this now.
  • RoasterRoaster Posts: 1,052
    3Jane
    The curious thing is that this kind of behavior doesn't happen to everybody. For some it plays through fine. I don't know how that can happen. Perhaps it *is* due to the way the software was written, but I expect a program to run the same way each and every time. Do the game files become corrupted when written to ram? That's hardware.
    i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu
  • mello_flmello_fl Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same problem here...sucks...
  • drshmoodrshmoo Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited October 2017
    I also just ran into this bug. Looking back it seems like this has been around since July. Is there any way to get this to the dev's attention?

I replayed the entire bit right after you get outside for the first time. I encountered the same situational bug this time, but instead of the game getting stuck after I turn the array, when I turn the power on to the array it just shows an ALERT symbol... I'm going to try to go back a little further and try yet again. I'll report if this is a total game breaker.
  • NTN.immortalNTN.immortal Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    I am stuck here too.

I found out this and other similar "game breaker" bugs. I was looking for any kind of official support, but the official website: http://www.readyatdawn.com/contact/ has no support for game purchased from oculus home(

I was in contact with Oculus support for about a week, two weeks ago. These guys helped me a lot, despite everybody is complaining about it. They verified that everything is working as needed from Oculus software and hardware point of view. I replayed the game from scratch a couple of times (this allowed me to pass labor unit assembly bug), reinstalled the game, uninstalled/reinstalled some software as Oculus team suggested.

At the end Oculus team suggested me to use general inquiry email to submit my issue. I did it about 10 days ago, no response so far.

I am suggesting everybody submit it directly to the developer, using their email:
    info@readyatdawn.com

More people complain = more chances to bring developers attention to this. I do not think that anybody from developers is reading this forum and this is just a forum, not an official support ticketing system, where your issue can be reported, acknowledged, escalated and hope will lead to a proper fix at some point.
  • Oops01Oops01 Posts: 75
    Hiro Protagonist
    Hi, guys, I just finished Lone Echo and I must say its the very impressive by far for me the best game yet hands down, its just so polished everything about the game (apart from the bugs lol) just screams class, I really enjoyed it and I can't wait for the DLC :) 
  • HalfFutureHalfFuture Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'm having the same exact issue. The smoke starts coming out of the antenna but I never get the advancement in dialog or the opportunity to cut open the panel. 3 hours of gameplay in and now I can't advance at all.
  • rad_marsrad_mars Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Hey guys and gals, 

Here is a link to a Lone Echo save file that will put you at a point after completing the Depleted Dig Site:
    Please copy and paste your old save file (kronos_ii_repairs_complete.radsave) into a separate folder in the unlikely event the file provided does not work.

Here’s a rundown on how to apply the new save file: 
    • Navigate to the game’s save directory in the Oculus folder
    • Default is C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\ready-at-dawn-lone-echo\_local\saves\slot0
    • Paste the new save file into this directory
    • Play game and have funs
    This should be all you need to do in order to get past the Depleted Dig Site issue you are seeing.
    Let us know if this works for you.

Thanks for playing!
    || Mars

• RUNAWAY1981RUNAWAY1981 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    what do I open this file with
  • KillCardKillCard Posts: 1,078
    Wintermute
    Just out of curiosity, did any of you guys who experienced this bug die at some point while out of the Khronos II before reaching depleted dig?

I ask because I speedrun the game, and later on in the game there is a known similar softlock situation that happens if you happen to die and respawn at a specific point in time. I dont think I have ever actually died when doing the outside-khronos II area fixes though so I don't know if thats what causes it in this case .. but it might be a similar issue.