cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Medium Pumpkin Sculpting Contest!

naycorn
Heroic Explorer

We are counting down to Halloween! Carve a pumpkin in Medium and enter to win our Pumpkin Sculpting Contest and a chance to win a 3D printed prize from the Oculus Medium team! 

Rules: (please read the Official Rules, attached)

1. Use the base pumpkin sculpt downloadable from the Medium Newsfeed (or here).
  2. Submissions must be made in Medium only. 
  3. Submit three (3) photos and/or a (1) 20-second video of your final sculpt.
  4. Submission screenshots and videos must be taken with Medium internal photo and video tools. 
  5. Submission must be shared to your Medium web gallery (press Share inside Medium and find your sculpt at oculus.com/medium/artists/YourOculusID). 
  6. One entry per participant. 
  7. Must be 18 year or older, must be in located in 50 U.S states or D.C. to win.   
  8. Submissions must be original designs.

Submission: 

1. Deadline: October 31st at 12:00pm PT. 
  2. Email submission of 3 photos and/or 1 20-second video and a link to the sculpt on our sharing site to: medium@oculus.com

Judging Criteria: 

60 points: Design creativity and uniqueness 

30 points: Interpretation and clarity of theme to the judges/viewers

10 points: Presentation (choice of pictures or video will not be counted against submission) 

Judges: 3 members of the Medium team.

Winner will be announced on November 3rd.  

6bdzmdh9lq2p.png

16 REPLIES 16

StormRising
Honored Guest
Hello everybody. This is my submission for the Oculus Medium Pumpkin sculpting contest. A giant Pumpkin creature spawn. I am having trouble making a video inside of Medium. However I was able to get these shots of the sculpture.  https://www.oculus.com/medium/sculpts/132504347406277/9drmgdsod7j8.pnglwkuqje4mish.png
t2tgzr757ewd.png

StormRising
Honored Guest

ReinBijlsma
Explorer
Been sculpting this one as well. Turned out to be a very large file due to the high resolution  :#

elzekani6esb.jpgpn707ab94awq.jpgv6encodiuevu.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Everyone, here is my submission, its on my oculus gallery too, so you can download it, if you wish. About 3 hours in total i recon (maybe more, might have lost track)

enjoy!

Adam

e4fsx2z54fyu.pngeh2bgnb1xfgu.pngw3nt6zqpu2bn.png

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
@adamdewhirst holy shit where have you been hiding? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

P3nT4gR4m said:

@adamdewhirst holy shit where have you been hiding? 

Haha, thank you, I only starting using medium about 3 weeks ago, this is my first post on the forums, but you can find me on Instagram, I have a few more sculpts up there - @dewhirstadam

Anonymous
Not applicable
@adamdewhirst Great Pumpkin! The work on your Instagram is awesome!