this month as we continue readying Rift Core 2.0, Dash, and Home. More to come
soon!

Release 1.20

Features

• Oculus
    Store: Dynamic Bundle Pricing. If you've already bought any of the apps in
    a bundle, your bundle price will be updated with an additional discount to
    account for the value of the apps you already own. Your personalized
    bundle price will always appear in the Oculus Store automatically.

Bugs

• Fixed
    graphics issues related to recent Nvidia driver updates for GTX 780Ti and
    Titan Black graphics cards.

• Fixed
    sensor issue with Oculus USB drivers becoming unavailable.

• Fixed
    display and navigation issues with demo mode.

• We now
    show a notification if you don't have enough free space on your hard drive
    to update the Oculus software.

89 Comments
CaptainGeech
Protege
still not fixing my rift. Still black screen and orange LED.  here is what I think of your shit hardware/software. 
CaptainGeech
Protege
pypdndw6snlp.jpg
1point21jiggawattz
Adventurer

wpropst said:

pypdndw6snlp.jpg

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
CaptainGeech
Protege
I think my heel turned it off. not sure if throwing it against the wall turned it back on again.
Snot_Shot
Expert Protege

wpropst said:

I think my heel turned it off. not sure if throwing it against the wall turned it back on again.

There you go fella they should be able to help you www.revitalizingpsychiatry.com
You are very welcome.

CaptainGeech
Protege

Snot_Shot said:

wpropst said:

There you go fella they should be able to help you www.revitalizingpsychiatry.com
You are very welcome.

Nope.  Destroying that piece of shit has done wonders. Freed myself from the false hope of a fix. 
drash
Heroic Explorer

wpropst said:

still not fixing my rift. Still black screen and orange LED.  here is what I think of your shit hardware/software. 

Windows 10 Fall Creator's update or what?  
CaptainGeech
Protege

drash said:

wpropst said:

Windows 10 Fall Creator's update or what?  

Nope. All updates turned off. Was working fine when I went to bed, bricked when I went to use it the next day. I’m done chasing usb and hdmi and reinstalling this and that constantly. This ain’t DK and I ain’t a fuckin developer. 
danknugz
Superstar

wpropst said:

pypdndw6snlp.jpg

love it
Morgrum
Expert Trustee
Wish I had the money to throw foolish temper tantrums like that.

Maybe sticking to consoles is more your speed.
CaptainGeech
Protege

Morgrum said:

keep chasing those USB and HDMI ports around your PCs rubes
1point21jiggawattz
Adventurer

wpropst said:

Morgrum said:

I plugged mine in, and it worked. You're in the minority with issues. 
kzintzi
Trustee
technology may not be for you..
Richooal
Consultant

wpropst said:

When you step back, relax, and think about what you've done, will you .......
1. Replace it?
or
2. Replace it with a new username, so we don't know?

EDIT: To stay on topic, thanks for the new free space notification.
cybereality
Grand Champion
@wpropst I'd like to help, but right now all you are doing is spamming the forum. Please keep the discussion of your issue in the topic you created, and not spam all these unrelated discussions. Thanks.
CaptainGeech
Protege

@wpropst I'd like to help, but right now all you are doing is spamming the forum. Please keep the discussion of your issue in the topic you created, and not spam all these unrelated discussions. Thanks.

all these people in the forums. must be a ton of broke ass rifts. and my rift is beyond repair. i posted the photo. Your help is not needed anymore.
CaptainGeech
Protege

Richooal said:

wpropst said:

When you step back, relax, and think about what you've done, will you .......
1. Replace it?
or
2. Replace it with a new username, so we don't know?

EDIT: To stay on topic, thanks for the new free space notification.

none of the above. fuck oculus and the chase your ports all day bullshit. Ill wait until someone comes up with something better. And if it's Oculus, Ill buy it. And none of you will remember a fuckin thing about this.
CaptainGeech
Protege

wpropst said:

Morgrum said:

I plugged mine in, and it worked. You're in the minority with issues. 

quick google says Im not. but fanboi out if you need to.
1point21jiggawattz
Adventurer

wpropst said:

People with issues complain, and get vocal. Those without, do not.
CaptainGeech
Protege

wpropst said:

People with issues complain, and get vocal. Those without, do not.

cool story
CoolFire321
Honored Guest
i thought there is something with my oculus, or my computer today when my oculus display is OFF.  tried to repair the program, didnt work. restart my computer couple time, still doesnt work. uninstall it and reinstall it it WORKS. display is back. but 1min later, ask me to UPDATE oculus before i can continue, which i DID. once its updated. same shit. black screen. i finally realized, its the NEW PATCH THAT RUIN my display. and i spend 5 hours to fix it.
is there anyway  i can freaking NOT UPDATE this thing? or just roll back the patch that create WAY MORE BUG then fixing. 
Richooal
Consultant

wpropst said:

And none of you will remember a fuckin thing about this.

I managed to get my sunnies on before you said that. 😉
CoolFire321
Honored Guest
and seriously OCULUC is made by FACEBOOK. and you CANT even put some money into customer services with tech support? i have send a request and MIGHT get a response after 2 days? 

VR is a new tech, i m pretty sure there are LOTs of people have problems with it. waiting couple day to get an email response just plain ridiculous for a  multi billion dollar company. i  not not expecting 24/7 tech support  but come on at least some customer service on normal business a hour.
BEARDEDFIGNUTZ
Protege

Morgrum said:

I don't know, someone with that mental capacity would likely have trouble with console as well. They should probably stick with paint by number and stuffed animals. How incredibly pathetic.
vannagirl
Consultant
Please we are losing sight of the bigger picture here

We have lost someone today, someone, someone we all know

o35ko0usfanb.jpg

1point21jiggawattz
Adventurer

vannagirl said:

Please we are losing sight of the bigger picture here

We have lost someone today, someone, someone we all know

o35ko0usfanb.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnEPTG6K4pY
cybereality
Grand Champion
Hi, @CoolFire321, do you happen to run on an older Nvidia card? If so, you may want to install this specific driver for best compatibility: 385.41
CoolFire321
Honored Guest

Hi, @CoolFire321, do you happen to run on an older Nvidia card? If so, you may want to install this specific driver for best compatibility: 385.41

i m running the newest driver 385.69
i had test this multiple times now. there is nothing wrong my driver, or computer, or cable connection.
because i can uninstall my oculus app, and reinstall it. it will work perfectly fine for about a minute, then i m forced to update oculus app. once the app restart. i lost the display on my head set.
the light on head set still blue, sound is on, sensors are good, controllers are good, games are good because i can still see the display on my desktop screen. just the headset screen wont turn on at all.
Wagnard
Honored Guest

i m running the newest driver 385.69
i had test this multiple times now. there is nothing wrong my driver, or computer, or cable connection.
because i can uninstall my oculus app, and reinstall it. it will work perfectly fine for about a minute, then i m forced to update oculus app. once the app restart. i lost the display on my head set.
the light on head set still blue, sound is on, sensors are good, controllers are good, games are good because i can still see the display on my desktop screen. just the headset screen wont turn on at all.

I had something like that with my laptop. Had to use a Mini display port to HDMI to make it work or I would have a black screen.  (note: Vive was working on the normal HDMI)

Also, did you guys Pull the update? its not updating here.
cybereality
Grand Champion
@CoolFire321 What video card do you have?
Anonymous
Not applicable
WARNING: YOUR GUARDIAN SYSTEM IS NOT WORKING
Richooal
Consultant

MAC_MAN86 said:

WARNING: YOUR GUARDIAN SYSTEM IS NOT WORKING

Thanks for the heads up, but it's working fine.
mclizen
Explorer
Finally my sensors works as they should every time i start up the PC.
Kaali
Protege
@cybereality Hello, can you please check with the team, since 1.20 i have my play space which rotates 90°, i never have this bug before and i'm not the only one. 
Thanks you ! 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/58914/play-space-rotates-90-degrees-and-seriously-bad...

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you are having any bug with the software, please click Settings and Report Feedback. Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can this dude and us other dudes get replacement lenses at the very least? Most of us get scratches. I use a tiny spot of Metal Polish on mine but could be worse.
cybereality
Grand Champion
Unfortunately, the lenses cannot be replaced.
n3bulaR
Protege

Unfortunately, the lenses cannot be replaced.

Guess that's called planned obsolescence. Today's hardware is being produced for the dumpster. How about  sustainable design? Even the DK2's lenses can be replaced.

IstedZoo
Explorer
No update delivered here.  GTX 1080 with an i7 7700k at 4.8 ghz and I tell you what ASW kicking in is a real pisser
cybereality
Grand Champion
We paused 1.20 rollout after we identified an issue impacting default positioning in VR. A fix is in place and we’re resuming rollout now. Thanks for your patience.
kzintzi
Trustee

We paused 1.20 rollout after we identified an issue impacting default positioning in VR. A fix is in place and we’re resuming rollout now. Thanks for your patience.

oooo, please tell me this fixes my height drop issue when looking right, got really bad in this release - the right hand camera actually looks 2" lower than the left one
Claudius_
Honored Guest
Where I can get this 1.20 update? or I just to wait that the Oculus app will roll out it automatically?
Richooal
Consultant

Claudius_ said:

Where I can get this 1.20 update? or I just to wait that the Oculus app will roll out it automatically?

It's automatic.
mohmmed_babiker
Honored Guest
i have a titan z is this update going to fix the black screen problem i have 
1point21jiggawattz
Adventurer

Bugs

• Fixed
    graphics issues related to recent Nvidia driver updates for GTX 780Ti and
    Titan Black graphics cards.

AussieStig
Expert Protege
Has anyone updated to 1.20 and are still using their DK2? I updated and the screen went half green and half orange. Image is still there but obviously not usable like this. Had to do a system restore to get the previous 1.19 runtime to work. It does work again, but when I start the Oculus App, it says there is an error starting with the letter O. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, mate. Cheers, AussieStig

EDIT: The Code is this :smile:
46otuzkdaqx9.png
Aymito2
Expert Protege
I got a notification that "Oculus update has started downloading", but I don't get any percentage or counter to tell how long it will take or if its downloading or pending or anything, a simple progress bar would have been possible to know what's happening. ?? 😕
Mace404
Heroic Explorer

Aymito said:

I got a notification that "Oculus update has started downloading", but I don't get any percentage or counter to tell how long it will take or if its downloading or pending or anything, a simple progress bar would have been possible to know what's happening. ?? 😕

Go to library > updates
Aymito2
Expert Protege

Mace404 said:

Aymito said:

I got a notification that

Go to library > updates

thanks, I know about that, it say "pending"and queued"  ,  so when it will actually start downloading and waiting for what exactly  , ?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aymito said:
thanks, I know about that, it say "pending"and queued"  ,  so when it will actually start downloading and waiting for what exactly  , ?

Same problem here with 1.20 update since yesterday. Pending, queued, but the download arrow is grayed out and nothing is happening. Other application updates from the store working normally.