cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green haze and pink 90 degrees mirror

KingofKamikaze
Protege
Maybe anyone on this forum can help me.
I have a very strange problem where my screens turn green and in my right screen there seems to be a 90 degrees turned purple/pink mirror image of the screen as well.
I dont know what causes the problem but this is the second time it appears. It seems to start when i shut down or open an application on the rift.
Last time i fixed it by uninstalling the software and reinstalling it again, but i cant imagine that being the only solution (rebooting my PC doesnt work).

Does anyone know how i can fix this ?
Thanks in advance!

17n0ljux1z5i.jpgy4se6jjmnipw.jpg1j9d6s0pi00f.jpg
110 REPLIES 110

torquoculus
Explorer
I think that a secure work-around could be: uninstall completely the "wrong patched" versione of Oculus SW, reinstall all from 0 and, before it updates itself to new release, keep it offline applying a firewall rule defined ad-hoc.  B)
Waiting for a Oculus solution, of course.
Cheers!

AussieStig
Expert Protege

I think that a secure work-around could be: uninstall completely the "wrong patched" versione of Oculus SW, reinstall all from 0 and, before it updates itself to new release, keep it offline applying a firewall rule defined ad-hoc.  B)
Waiting for a Oculus solution, of course.
Cheers!

Thanks for your reply mate. Could you lay out in steps how this work-around would look please? Cheers AussieStig

torquoculus
Explorer
OK! But... I'm not american (and not even english), so I would try to translate my panels/commands from my language... Use your fantasy!  😛

1. open "SETTINGS" in Win10, I mean the gear on the start menu... (or open control panel in early versions)
2. select "LAN&Internet"
3. select "Windows Firewall" on the bottom of the page
4. click on "advanced settings"
5. select "outbound connections" on the right column (or something like this)
6. "New rule" on the right column
7. keep "Program" selected and click "Next>"
8. browse for the executable in "C:\Program Files\Support\oculus-client\OculusClient.exe
9. "Next>" and keep "block connection" selected -> "Next>" again and keep the three combo selected
10. "Next>" and give it a rule name... "Finish"

I hope it is clear enough.
May be that you must repeat the exercise with one or two more rules for the service executables in "oculus-runtime" path.

Let's try it and see.  >:)

KingofKamikaze
Protege
Good to know i am not the only one!
I contacted Oculus about it and they asked me if i could try a different set of cables. Unfortunately that didn't do the trick. Like you said it seems like a software problem to me.
I will keep you up to date about responses from oculus.

KingofKamikaze
Protege

Anyone trying to reinstall might try just doing a system restore to the day before they updated the Oculus software. I had the same issue as the images above. So I restored to just prior to the 1.20 update installing. Starting the Oculus app now produces this error and I am able to close the error window and continue using my DK2. I hope Oculus are paying attention to this thread, the early adopters that have supported them from the beginning now need their assistance in solving this issue. AussieStig
vzisjay5rm53.png

Seems like the oculus server is not started.
A quick reboot should do the trick.

AussieStig
Expert Protege

Anyone trying to reinstall might try just doing a system restore to the day before they updated the Oculus software. I had the same issue as the images above. So I restored to just prior to the 1.20 update installing. Starting the Oculus app now produces this error and I am able to close the error window and continue using my DK2. I hope Oculus are paying attention to this thread, the early adopters that have supported them from the beginning now need their assistance in solving this issue. AussieStig
vzisjay5rm53.png

Seems like the oculus server is not started.
A quick reboot should do the trick.

Rebooting does not help mate, every time I start the App it gives me this message. AussieStig

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same problem for me too. Vega 56. Latest drivers.

Stoomm
Honored Guest
Hi,

Same problem here.
DK2 with AMD R9 290 and Oculus 1.20.
Working well before oculus update. 
It's not a cables problem. It's ok with runtime 0.8.

Need a patch or a downgrade to 1.19

quickebay1
Honored Guest
Same Problems here. Installed run time 0.8 and green screen and 90 degree pink went away. Definitely a issue with the latest update. I guess I am grounded in DCS till this is fixed.

Spatulator
Explorer
I am having the same problem where the display is green and pink.
Even using a firewall rule does not allow me to stay on the previous runtime.
I hope this issue gets attention.