cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR video player - GizmoVR

GizmoVR
Explorer
Hey everyone!

Meet the new app for watching VR videos - GizmoVR. This is not just another video playback system, it is a platform that combines media player, virtual desktop, web browser and media library manager. 

GizmoVR incorporates integrated online content library, so you can enjoy virtual reality even if you don't have any VR videos on your hard drive.
API and SDK that allow connecting websites to GizmoVR are coming soon.

Key features: 
  • Support of all stereo formats with side by side and over under frame packing
  • Flexible playback settings
  • Automatic playback of the next clip
  • Automatic pause if headset removed
  • Ability to drag the player
  • Cinematic mode (curved or flat screen)
  • Control the app with gaze in the hands-free mode
  • Auto-hide function for unused controllers
  • Webcam motion detection
  • Media library with option to add selected folders into favorites
  • Automatic frame packing detection when files are run from local storage
  • One click start from browser
  • Virtual desktop
  • Integrated download manager
The app is 100% free. We can't wait to receive your comments, bug reports, and feature requests!
You can download it from GizomVR.com
22 REPLIES 22

Roaster
Rising Star
Does not recognize my sbs stills. What file type does it need? Nice if you recognized .mpo and sbs.
Cursor is confused between touch pointer and mouse pointer, need to use mouse click to select and touch to aim for some things on screen (like on-screen keyboard).  Found I could do best by combination of gaze select and mouse click.
Using touch with windows on-screen keyboard froze the screen in desktop mode.  
All the desktop apps seem to suffer from cursor recognition. Why is this so hard to do? The stylus tablet I have takes over the mouse pointer just fine. Touch take-over of mouse function is inconsistent. 
Movement of touch pointer due to hand shaking drags file icons instead of selecting. Very hard to select something in a folder because slight movement moves the icon. 
Very frustrating. 
All the vr videos you have listed seem to be 360. VR means 3D stereo. 360 video must die imo. Can you at least change the zoom for 360's? I usually feel too close.
Web cam works swell.
I like being able to generate a folder list for quick access.

i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu

GizmoVR
Explorer
GizmoVR supports avi, .mkv and .mov file types (playback depends on installed codecs) with side-by-side (left-right) and over-under (top-bottom) frame packing. Stereo photo formats are not supported at the moment. We are considering stereo photo integration for the future releases. 
Using touch with windows on-screen keyboard froze the screen in desktop mode.  
Thank you for the bug report. We regret to inform you that our app is not compatible with on-screen keyboard now. Virtual keyboard will be added in one of the upcoming releases. This will ensure maximum comfort of entering text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Movement of touch pointer due to hand shaking drags file icons instead of selecting. Very hard to select something in a folder because slight movement moves the icon. 
We are constantly working to improve such features. Additional functionality intended to reduce hand shaking effects is coming.
All the vr videos you have listed seem to be 360. VR means 3D stereo. 360 video must die imo.
The site content is being updated constantly, and stereo videos will be added in the nearest future.
Can you at least change the zoom for 360's?
To set zoom parameters please use the corresponding option from the player Settings menu.

Thank you for your comment, Roaster. We are working ceaselessly to make our app better, and we hope that you keep using it!

Best regards,

GizmoVR Team

Roaster
Rising Star
Thank you for the response.  I feel like the lone renger in my use of stereo stills here. Never gets any attention, possibly because few have 3d cameras. PSA ... All your snap-shots would have been better in 3d.
   Movie playback is good. Do you support Half sbs? I see a lot of that on YT.  My Fugi W3 makes 3d video in .avi, but it's multi-object. VLC opens a dual window view, so it seems it would be easy for a player to change it to right-left for the Rift. Do you support the output from the new Lucid 3d camera?
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu

I have the same camera Roaster - hardly used it because of lack of support (got it about 2 years ago when got first Gear VR).

Was just thinking the other day that i must start using it again.  

Will try this app Gizmo - thanks.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Roaster
Rising Star

I have the same camera Roaster - hardly used it because of lack of support (got it about 2 years ago when got first Gear VR).

Was just thinking the other day that i must start using it again.  

Will try this app Gizmo - thanks.

I use MPO Master to convert .mpo files to SBS .png.  Fugi W3 is now selling for almost twice what I payed years ago. Looking at new Lucid 4K cam.

Mace404
Heroic Explorer
Can you consider implementing/supporting SVP to interpolate video's to 90fps?
https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Main_Page

GizmoVR
Explorer

Roaster said:
   Movie playback is good. Do you support Half sbs? I see a lot of that on YT.  

Yes. GizmoVR supports playback of half-sbs videos. Soon such videos will appear on our website. Also, we plan to add the ability to play any YouTube video.
Roaster said:
My Fugi W3 makes 3d video in .avi, but it's multi-object. VLC opens a dual window view, so it seems it would be easy for a player to change it to right-left for the Rift.
Please send a small video recorded with your camera to help@gizmovr.com. Our team will analyze it, and we will let you know if it is possible to support this format in the nearest future.
Roaster said:
Do you support the output from the new Lucid 3d camera?
We can’t guarantee that GizmoVR supports videos captured by Lucid 3d at the moment. Possibly we will check it in nearest future.

Best regards, 

GizmoVR Team

GizmoVR
Explorer

Mace404 said:

Can you consider implementing/supporting SVP to interpolate video's to 90fps?
https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Main_Page

Perhaps, we will consider it in the future.

Best regards, 

GizmoVR Team

Roaster
Rising Star
Video sent.
Thank you for your efforts.

sending failed too large file
will try again

On the way via drop box.