How To Get Logs For Bug Reports for Consumer Rift (1.3+) - Page 5 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

How To Get Logs For Bug Reports for Consumer Rift (1.3+)

Comments

• droseofcdroseofc Posts: 60
    Hiro Protagonist
    hound007 said:
    Installation blocked even though all antivirus softwares are disabled include windows defender.
    I attached the setup log file. please help

These are in the log you posted... looks like you have two anti viruses, one I'd be interested in finding out what it is

[Debug] [2017-08-26 오후 9:59:47] Anti-virus found: 네이버 백신(266240, Enabled, Up-to-date)
    [Debug] [2017-08-26 오후 9:59:47] Anti-virus found: Windows Defender(393472, Disabled, Up-to-date)

[Error] [2017-08-26 오후 10:01:12] Installation likely failed due to antivirus software

Hiro Protagonist
    Googling  네이버 백신 brings up Naver Antivirus....though the  네이버 백신 part could be diff, I cant tell, but that is what comes up mostly so I'd look for naver or anything like this.... 네이버 백신...
  • hound007hound007 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Thanks for your reply, droseofc. That's the early part of the log. Later I uninstalled Naver Antivirus and also disabled windows defender. You can see what I tried from the later part of the log.

I might return it and buy vive. Before that, I'm going to try to re-install windows some day and try it again. I think there is something which make Oculus think there is anti-virus even there isn't.
    Hiro Protagonist
    hound007 said:
    Thanks for your reply, droseofc. That's the early part of the log. Later I uninstalled Naver Antivirus and also disabled windows defender. You can see what I tried from the later part of the log.

I might return it and buy vive. Before that, I'm going to try to re-install windows some day and try it again. I think there is something which make Oculus think there is anti-virus even there isn't.
    It has been a pain a couple times for me, usually the install part but have been able to figure ways to install. If you have new logs now after uninstalling naver it could help...id leave reinstalling windows as last resort, unless you have other reasons. Depending on windows version, you could always try refresh or resetting pc without losing data and apps. 
    Hiro Protagonist
    hound007 said:

I did see where naver was not found later in the log. This is where the most recent attempt failed

Installing oculus-diagnostics.
    [Error] [2017-08-26 오후 10:40:37] Librarian exited code 7

• MainFraggerMainFragger Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    droseofc said:
    I am using Windows 10.  I checked, and other than the log files, nothing else seems to have installed..at least, not in either version of the program files folders.  And you can tell that you get the "cannot communicate with server" message as soon as you click on the "agree".    I have about 16 GBytes of space on my drive, I turned off windows firewall and virus protection.  I have rebooted my computer after turning each of those off.  I have bypassed my router and ran right to my modem and rebooted again.  I still get the error...  I have attached my error log.
    Get it figured out?

No, I managed to get it to work fine on my Desktop System, and I've been to busy to try again on the laptop..

• BillsGymSockBillsGymSock Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I've had my oculus about 24hrs now. Just got in & fired up Robo Recall & it crashes out.... Ok i thought, so i restart my pc & try to fire it up again.... but my oculus freezes at the home screen, Its not tracking my head movements, its not moving at all now & i'm only getting a small area of the home screen.

• BillsGymSockBillsGymSock Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I've had my oculus about 24hrs now. Just got in & fired up Robo Recall & it crashes out.... Ok i thought, so i restart my pc & try to fire it up again.... but my oculus freezes at the home screen, Its not tracking my head movements, its not moving at all now & i'm only getting a small area of the home screen.

I may have solved the issue. I don't think my system likes having dual audio outputs. So it just crashes. Its behaving at the moment. so fingers crossed. 
  • hound007hound007 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I finally got installed. It's not about antivirus at all! Since I re-installed Win10 English version, It just works. 
    It shouldn't say antivirus issue on the log if the issue is just the language of the windows. The log isn't reliable, and It wasted a long time and It's shame. 
  • aerodyneaerodyne Posts: 40
    Brain Burst
    edited September 2017
    Hi

Getting the Rift HMD disconnects that we all know and love. Tried all the suggested fixes (power options, installed Inateck card, USB drivers, BIOS drivers etc.)

System specs:
    Windows 10 64bit
    Ryzen 5 1600x
    MSI Pro Carbon Mobo
    16g of DDR4 3000Mhz Ram
    MSI 1080 GFX card
    Inateck 4 port waste of money

I've attached my logs if anyone has the time to have a look at them it would be very much appreciated. I have lodged a ticket but am still waiting.

Cheers

EDIT: Can't seem to get log to attach. Can someone help me please? Oculus is getting right on my onions! 
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Please submit a support ticket for assistance. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • slobodan_pejicslobodan_pejic Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Just in case someone else is struggling to find the logs: I did not have the installer create a log file until I manually created the %LOCALAPPDATA%/Oculus/ folder.
  • rgpawlingrgpawling Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Installation fails due to 'Check Connection' at 1.21 GB
    Log attached
  • ArdallArdall Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Update 1.21 Pending hang. Yes I joined the public test channel to try core 2.0. It does not seem to want to finish installing. Restarting the app or my computer restarts the download which hangs at pending 15/15. The oculus app blinks orange every minute or so but no windows or prompts appear. Aside from that everything seems to function normally. I have latest drivers. Plenty hard drive space. My account is administrator.

Ryzen 1600
    Asus B350-m
    Asus 1060 Strix
    Win 10 64
  • DeathDarkSoulDeathDarkSoul Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hey guys, having an issue with games not installing i've done alot of things to make it work and my games installed on a different hard drive any help would be extremely apreshiated
  • skyler.alvesskyler.alves Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Every Time I try to run OculusSetup.exe I get "Installation Blocked" saying my anti virus firewall is blocking the software from downloading. I have already tire disabling my antivirus, running OculusSetup as an administrator,  also install to the default C drive, and a few other things that didn't do anything. I would love to start using it today if I could.

My latest log is as follows:

[Debug] [1/6/2018 12:42:21 PM] Starting up OculusSetup v1.16.0.0.
    [Debug] [1/6/2018 12:42:21 PM] Command-line arguments:  []
    [Debug] [1/6/2018 12:42:22 PM] Setting locale to 'en_US'.
    [Debug] [1/6/2018 12:42:22 PM] Setup action:  Install.
    [Debug] [1/6/2018 12:42:22 PM] Created secure temp directory at 'C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\OculusSetup-a024b7d0-95d1-4c42-8e85-681b108261d7'.
    [Debug] [1/6/2018 12:42:22 PM] Extracting asset 'libeay32.dll'.
    [Debug] [1/6/2018 12:42:22 PM] Extracting asset 'ssleay32.dll'.
    [Debug] [1/6/2018 12:42:22 PM] Extracting asset 'DaybreakNative.dll'.
    [Debug] [1/6/2018 12:42:22 PM] Extracting asset 'OafIpc.dll'.
    [Debug] [1/6/2018 12:42:22 PM] Found candidate install locations:  [C:\]
    [Debug] [1/6/2018 12:42:22 PM] Selecting install location 'C:\Program Files\Oculus\'.
    [Debug] [1/6/2018 12:42:22 PM] Free space at install location: 475387195392
    [Debug] [1/6/2018 12:42:22 PM] Finished network-blocked initialisation.
    [Debug] [1/6/2018 12:42:24 PM] Initialising Analytics.
    [Debug] [1/6/2018 12:42:24 PM] Querying machine metadata.
    [Debug] [1/6/2018 12:42:24 PM] Anti-virus found: Webroot SecureAnywhere(266240, Enabled, Up-to-date)
    [Debug] [1/6/2018 12:42:24 PM] Anti-virus found: Windows Defender(393472, Disabled, Up-to-date)
    [Debug] [1/6/2018 12:42:24 PM] Starting preflight checks.
    [Debug] [1/6/2018 12:42:24 PM] RunCheck 'Dawn.Preflight.ConfigInitialisedCheck' succeeded.
    [Debug] [1/6/2018 12:42:24 PM] RunCheck 'Dawn.Preflight.ConfigGestaltCheck' succeeded.
    [Debug] [1/6/2018 12:42:24 PM] RunCheck 'Dawn.Preflight.CpuArchitectureCheck' failed.
    [Error] [1/6/2018 12:42:24 PM] Aborting installation due to failed preflight check.
    [Debug] [1/6/2018 12:42:41 PM] Removing working directory.
    [Debug] [1/6/2018 12:42:41 PM] Exiting with code 1.

The specs are:
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80Hz 2.40 GHz
    Installed Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (7.89 usable)
    System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    The error is saying your CPU does not meet the minimum requirements, or is not on our hardware list. There are a few more obscure chips that we don't detect, but that might work. I am not familiar enough with that CPU to tell you for sure if it will work, but it just may not be compatible. 
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • ThoseBagelsThoseBagels Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Could be playing for 5 minutes or 3 hours then the rift screens go black and desktop has frozen after 30-60 seconds the pc would restart itself. Have found several errors in event log viewer
    https://i.imgur.com/sdq2BYX.png
    https://i.imgur.com/ZdfbSV9.png
    https://i.imgur.com/8utsiRn.png
  • ydwer99ydwer99 Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    If you are experiencing issues either installing or using the consumer Rift hardware or software package (1.3 or newer), then please be sure to provide the following logs when reporting the issue.

If your issue is with the setup installer, either having errors or not completing, do these steps.

Open a File Explorer window and paste this in the URL field:
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\
    Then look for "OculusSetup.log" and upload it to your post. Please do *not* just copy/paste the text into the post area, as this becomes difficult to read. This folder may be hidden. Make sure you go into the Folder Options and choose Show Hidden Files and Folders first.

If you are having any other sort of problem after the installation, do the following.

Run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" by double-clicking the icon after navigating to this folder:
    C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
    and upload the zip file to your post.

Thanks.

Hello,

I already sended my diagnostic results to another guy from the support. Thanks.
  • GuitarSlingerXGuitarSlingerX Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    edited February 2018
    I was able to set up my oculus and play Robo Recall on it a few days ago. yesterday I got it back out of the box and went to hook it back up and Im getting the black headset screen with just orange led. My sensors connect fine just not the headset. Ive tried everything I can think. My device manager Other Devices tab tab shows Rift 2 times and when I click on the top one and go to properties > Events it says... Device Configured (null). The Information box below says

Device USB\VID_2833&PID_0031&MI_01\7&3806906&0&0001 was configured.

Driver Name: null
    Class Guid: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
    Driver Date: 
    Driver Version: 
    Driver Provider: 
    Driver Section: 
    Driver Rank: 0x0
    Matching Device Id: 
    Outranked Drivers: 
    Device Updated: false
    Parent Device: USB\VID_2833&PID_0031\WMHD315F3007QR

Heres my diagnostics log
  • MSFrontieresMSFrontieres Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    ...crashed my window once so i had to format and re install the whole thing. please take a look?
  • karrtoonkarrtoon Posts: 120
    Art3mis
    edited February 2018
    I am attaching my log files for the black screen issue. Since the last few weeks I have been encountering this issue. I tried reverting back to the regular branch but it still occurs, I'm back on the rift core 2.0 beta branch now and it also still happens. It seems like it happens if I take off the HMD and let it sit idle for a bit.

To fix it I have to go to settings, beta, and restart the oculus to get everything back. Sometimes that does not work though and I have to completely restart the PC. It is quite annoying at times. I have a fresh windows 10 installation with the fall creator's update and all updates installed. I am not on the SteamVR beta but regular SteamVR. Sometimes I wonder if it is SteamVR causing it. My logs can be found here. http://www.mediafire.com/file/m6phsmhx46mnipf/Oculus_Logs_DESKTOPNEW_20180224_092902.zip

• sCOREscreamsCOREscream Posts: 29
    Brain Burst

It is horrible, I really need help here please. Worked so good - now the Rift is useless :-(

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/62391/touch-controller-not-found-calibration-is-not-working#latest

• RazorTimeRazorTime Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    I have been getting the black screen issue and my details are as follows:

I am using the beta version of Home, I have the Guardian enabled. I am also on the latest version of windows 10 and I am using nvidia drivers 388.59.

• alan_worthalan_worth Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    I ran the Oculus Monitor program and got the following at the end of the app execution:

08/03 01:00:25.472 {!ERROR!} [OAF] Failed to validate OculusAppFramework.dll (err 15)
  • clorenzanaclorenzana Posts: 7
    NerveGear

Here it is. Also submitted a ticket. I'm running a 7820k overclocked 4.8, asus x299 prime deluxe, 1080ti, and windows on Samsung 960 pro m.2 NVME ssd. I've tried all the work arounds I can find on the forums and online. Here is a few: re-installed oculus 3 or 4 times now, rolled back drivers to 388.59, unplugged everything else, switched ports for the hardware around, tried different combinations of my monitors off and on etc. etc. and I still get a black screen when trying to continue setup. Or and here's the latest one: after applying that patch this morning, now when the setup tries to continue and says "continue in rift" well both my monitors turn off, then the orange light on the rift turns off (like its turning on) but the rift stays black. And the best part? Well the best part is at this point I can do ANYTHING to get back to my desktop!!! No command keys or anything so I have to restart the computer! So trying to diagnose an issue and having to restart every time I test it is getting really old. I am very patient as you have to be with this tech but that's ran completely out a long time ago. I need to use this for work, I am a building designer/planner and use 3d BIM which can utilize HMD so I show my clients their projects in VR which is cool when it works but it hasn't in months now. So I keep putting off these meetings over and over. I figured I would give it a month and come back to it and here we are. Still no updates or fixes to this issue. I literally had less issues with my DK2 which I still have so maybe I should try it lol. SEND HELP!

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,741 Volunteer Moderator

Here it is. Also submitted a ticket. I'm running a 7820k overclocked 4.8, asus x299 prime deluxe, 1080ti, and windows on Samsung 960 pro m.2 NVME ssd. I've tried all the work arounds I can find on the forums and online. Here is a few: re-installed oculus 3 or 4 times now, rolled back drivers to 388.59, unplugged everything else, switched ports for the hardware around, tried different combinations of my monitors off and on etc. etc. and I still get a black screen when trying to continue setup. Or and here's the latest one: after applying that patch this morning, now when the setup tries to continue and says "continue in rift" well both my monitors turn off, then the orange light on the rift turns off (like its turning on) but the rift stays black. And the best part? Well the best part is at this point I can do ANYTHING to get back to my desktop!!! No command keys or anything so I have to restart the computer! So trying to diagnose an issue and having to restart every time I test it is getting really old. I am very patient as you have to be with this tech but that's ran completely out a long time ago. I need to use this for work, I am a building designer/planner and use 3d BIM which can utilize HMD so I show my clients their projects in VR which is cool when it works but it hasn't in months now. So I keep putting off these meetings over and over. I figured I would give it a month and come back to it and here we are. Still no updates or fixes to this issue. I literally had less issues with my DK2 which I still have so maybe I should try it lol. SEND HELP!

Heya, that's just the setup log, can you do a full log gather as per instructions? Ill have a look.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • clorenzanaclorenzana Posts: 7
    NerveGear

Heya, that's just the setup log, can you do a full log gather as per instructions? Ill have a look.
    I believe this is it. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it!
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,741 Volunteer Moderator

I believe this is it. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it!
    I have PM'ed you :)
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)