New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift 1.20 Release Notes

13»

Comments

• samfeldtsamfeldt Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    also got a black screen after update :/
  • stargate88stargate88 Posts: 46
    Brain Burst
    It seems since the update that I get from time to time a black screen. Then I need to go to Settings -> Beta -> Restart oculus to fix it.
  • AymitoAymito Posts: 40
    Brain Burst
    edited November 2017
    We need an offline download link for this update 1.20 with an option to revert to older driver in case of any problems that would appear, I think this is the a good solution..
  • YbalridYbalrid Posts: 247
    Art3mis
    Since 1.20 sometimes my rift is no longer detected, even after unplugin/plugin it back and/or restarting the oculus services.

Rebooting Windows seems to fix that every-time. It's no big deal, and probably due to the fact that I let the computer running for days at a time with the headset plugged and the software running.
    CV1+Touch; Running on GTX980 - 4770K - 32GB DDR3

I'm writing a C++ open-sourcre game engine for the Rift http://annwvyn.org/ - https://github.com/Ybalrid/Annwvyn
    For now it's only used for my student projects at my engineering school http://en.esiea.fr/
  • arcistararcistar Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    With this update version 1.20, the DK2 doesn't work anymore with AMD card. Please, can you fix this problem or give us the possibility to download the previous version of Oculus Platform version 1.19? 
  • vasiliou.vasilis.5vasiliou.vasilis.5 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    same here AMD r9 290 and the oculus dk2 doesnt work anymore!!whel it works but it has green haze and blue and red are rotated!!!give us a solution or let us download the 1.19 at least!!!
  • paulmisaacpaulmisaac Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    They claim to be working on the DK2/AMD issue and have claimed this since Thursday of last week
  • randy.levine.79randy.levine.79 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Hi, @CoolFire321, do you happen to run on an older Nvidia card? If so, you may want to install this specific driver for best compatibility: 385.41
    i m running the newest driver 385.69
    i had test this multiple times now. there is nothing wrong my driver, or computer, or cable connection.
    because i can uninstall my oculus app, and reinstall it. it will work perfectly fine for about a minute, then i m forced to update oculus app. once the app restart. i lost the display on my head set.
    the light on head set still blue, sound is on, sensors are good, controllers are good, games are good because i can still see the display on my desktop screen. just the headset screen wont turn on at all.

What 'blue light'? ... Mine is either orange or white.

• arcistararcistar Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    They claim to be working on the DK2/AMD issue and have claimed this since Thursday of last week
    Can you paste the reference link where they have said this, please?
  • paulmisaacpaulmisaac Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    arcistar said:
    Can you paste the reference link where they have said this, please?
    No - they told me this in a support ticket reply.  I'm really starting to think they're not going to sort it
  • stevenwanstevenwan Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Have been 2 weeks and the Oculus is still black screen with 1.20, no one takes action, seriously?
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 1,056
    Wintermute
    stevenwan said:
    Have been 2 weeks and the Oculus is still black screen with 1.20, no one takes action, seriously?
    at the risk of pissing you off - have you logged a support ticket? while you may not be the only one having this issue, it's not affecting everyone and peoples hardware/circumstances vary. if you have logged a support ticket, email them - they're nice people and they always get back to me within a couple of hours.. 

Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    stevenwan said:

See this post:
    https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/560799#Comment_560799
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,338
    3Jane
    edited November 2017

I had issues with Elite:Dangerous since the October NVIDIA Update. At first thought it was the added Nvidia Sound Driver to my monitor I do not use so uninstalled that to no avail. Tried restarting device and knew it wasn't this 1.20 Oculus Update as it's been ok until the Windows Auto update this week. So I ROLLED BACK DRIVER and it hung for a while until restoring the July Driver. E:D now runs smooth as butter as before - no more glitch jumping as I look around. NVIDIA need to sort out their shit!
    EVGA GTX1080 ACC2

• MysterySteveMysterySteve Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Did anyone here (Especially @OculusFTL) even once consider restarting the service in services.msc? Every time the orange light and black screen thing happened for me, even after updates, that always worked for me. I only had to do it 2 or 3 times in total (far apart in time, too) and it now hasn't happened in half a year. Also, @CoolFire321, Facebook did not MAKE Oculus, they BOUGHT Oculus. Most hardware related things (most) they left to the original oculus team. Facebook was mostly in it for optimizing it for social stuff.
  • nroskonrosko Posts: 952
    Neo
    how to get on Rift Core 2.0 beta?
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 947
    3Jane
    nrosko said:
    Open your Oculus App
    Go to Settings, "Beta"
    Select "Public Test Channel" ..... On

Wait for for beta test roll out..............
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • rh_galaxyrh_galaxy Posts: 65
    Hiro Protagonist
    Better post where some Oculus staff are maybe reading...

Oculus Home back button is broken... The previous position is often reset to the top position, so you have to scroll down again to where you were. Can't you make it go back to the scroll position where you left of always?
    This has annoyed me for many months.
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,170
    Wintermute
    Richooal said:
    nrosko said:
    Open your Oculus App
    Go to Settings, "Beta"

When is Core 2.0 bet a rolling out?
  • dburnedburne Posts: 1,767 Valuable Player
    MowTin said:
    Richooal said:
    nrosko said:
    Open your Oculus App
    Go to Settings, "Beta"

When is Core 2.0 bet a rolling out?

Looks like Dec 6th.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/OculusRift/status/937065152549093376
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 947
    3Jane
    edited December 2017
    @grizman859
    Don't post this crap here, there's other threads where you won't have to disguise the link.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • dburnedburne Posts: 1,767 Valuable Player
    Richooal said:
    @grizman859
    Don't post this crap here, there's other threads where you won't have to disguise the link.

Indeed, very tacky!!
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • AgterboschAgterbosch Posts: 413
    Nexus 6
    @cybereality ; Can you remove this spam? People might click on it, as it's not what it looks like

• BonifontisBonifontis Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Confirmed few black screens in oculus but just for a second or two then everything goes back to normal ? 
    Win 10 Pro ** [email protected]  GHz ** 24 GB RAM 1666 MHz ** MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming ** Drevo 120 GB SSD ** Seagate 2 TB HDD ** Toshiba 1 TB HDD
  • iJudgementiJudgement Posts: 177
    Art3mis
    edited December 2017
    Lots of spam bots apparently
    Thanks. They were deleted.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • blummblumm Posts: 28
    Brain Burst
    Hej. With this update I got lags every 5 Seconds. I was hoping to get rid of them with the beta of 1.21 but I got the same issue. Before everything was running fine. Are there any tips for this issue?
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 1,056
    Wintermute
    @cybereality, can you point me at the feedback channel for the beta please :smile:

Thanks.
    Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
    The 1.2.1 Beta feedback page is here. Thanks.
    https://riftcorebeta.uservoice.com/
  • golden_onegolden_one Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited December 2017
    redacted. 

(wrong thread)
13»