this month as we continue readying Rift Core 2.0, Dash, and Home. More to come
soon!

Release 1.20

Features

• Oculus
    Store: Dynamic Bundle Pricing. If you've already bought any of the apps in
    a bundle, your bundle price will be updated with an additional discount to
    account for the value of the apps you already own. Your personalized
    bundle price will always appear in the Oculus Store automatically.

Bugs

• Fixed
    graphics issues related to recent Nvidia driver updates for GTX 780Ti and
    Titan Black graphics cards.

• Fixed
    sensor issue with Oculus USB drivers becoming unavailable.

• Fixed
    display and navigation issues with demo mode.

• We now
    show a notification if you don't have enough free space on your hard drive
    to update the Oculus software.

89 Comments
Siew
Explorer

Has anyone updated to 1.20 and are still using their DK2? I updated and the screen went half green and half orange. Image is still there but obviously not usable like this. Had to do a system restore to get the previous 1.19 runtime to work. It does work again, but when I start the Oculus App, it says there is an error starting with the letter Q. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, mate. Cheers, AussieStig

same problem here... ant its a pain in the arse.. reinstalling 119, takes 2 gb to download. what a shitpile of software... we will see if its a waste of time. maybe blocking that shitty service in your firewall.
glechapelain
Explorer

Siew said:

Has anyone updated to 1.20 and are still using their DK2? I updated and the screen went half green and half orange. Image is still there but obviously not usable like this. Had to do a system restore to get the previous 1.19 runtime to work. It does work again, but when I start the Oculus App, it says there is an error starting with the letter Q. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, mate. Cheers, AussieStig

same problem here... ant its a pain in the arse.. reinstalling 119, takes 2 gb to download. what a shitpile of software... we will see if its a waste of time. maybe blocking that shitty service in your firewall.

+1

Please Oculus Man fix my problem! This headset is the best thing that's happen in my life ! :smile:
Siew
Explorer

Siew said:

+1

Please Oculus Man fix my problem! This headset is the best thing that's happen in my life ! :smile:

this is so stupid... disableing  the automatic updates doesnt work. it will automatically install 1.20 anyway :neutral:
investigation goes on, not that i had better stuff to do :neutral:

i was trying to show virtual reality to some friends...
now their impression is it doesnt work with oculus.

nice work guys, this is the way to intruduce new people to vr 😉 NOT!

i told them not buy buy oculus if they are interested, because their software is a pile of bullshit.
it was always a huge problem if you like to use older runtimes for years now...
they just dont care or cant code

EDIT:
Trying to reinstall it without internet connection doesnt work...
nice one!
so we are simply not able to fix your shit by ourselves. bravo.
next headset wont be oculus!
and i will spread the word so others are warned..
glechapelain
Explorer

Hi, @CoolFire321, do you happen to run on an older Nvidia card? If so, you may want to install this specific driver for best compatibility: 385.41

Hi!

I am having this problem, but with ATI !

For me, some of the color are displayed rotated 90° on the right (as when the headset is recognized as a monitor)

But most are indeed showing in 3d

===8<===8<===
Graphics Card Manufacturer - Powered by AMD
Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
Device ID - 679A
Vendor ID - 1002
SubSystem ID - 254C
SubSystem Vendor ID - 1458
Revision ID - 00
Bus Type - PCI Express 3.0
Current Bus Settings - PCI Express 3.0 x16
BIOS Version - 015.033.000.000
BIOS Part Number - xxx-xxx-xxx
BIOS Date - 2013/03/29 06:26
Memory Size - 3072 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Memory Clock - 1250 MHz
Core Clock - 1000 MHz
Total Memory Bandwidth - 240 GByte/s
Memory Bit Rate - 5.00 Gbps
2D Driver File Path - /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}/0000

===>8===>8===

Please help!
I love my Oculus so much (it is a DK2 btw.  I am not sure why you guys don't carry that one for $350 as when it went out. Would be so popular!)

Thanks a lot!
Siew
Explorer

Hi, @CoolFire321, do you happen to run on an older Nvidia card? If so, you may want to install this specific driver for best compatibility: 385.41

Hi!

For me, some of the color are displayed rotated 90° on the right (as when the headset is recognized as a monitor)

===8<===8<===
Device ID - 679A
Vendor ID - 1002
SubSystem ID - 254C
Revision ID - 00
Memory Size - 3072 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Memory Clock - 1250 MHz
Core Clock - 1000 MHz
2D Driver File Path - /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}/0000

===>8===>8===

Please help!
I love my Oculus so much (it is a DK2 btw.  I am not sure why you guys don't carry that one for $350 as when it went out. Would be so popular!)

Thanks a lot!

same here.. some colours are rotated.
your headset, drivers and gpu are fine.
its just the new software 1.20
1.19 worked perfect with dk2.
its a shame we have no option to get back to 1.19.
you just cant, it requires a internet connection and is always downloading the newest version.
it doesnt matter what installer you use...

i hope they will do something about that.
i wont buy another headset just because the software was updatet...
it just worked perfect a few days ago..
glechapelain
Explorer

Siew said:

Hi!

===8<===8<===
Device ID - 679A
Vendor ID - 1002
SubSystem ID - 254C
Revision ID - 00
Memory Size - 3072 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Memory Clock - 1250 MHz
Core Clock - 1000 MHz

===>8===>8===

Please help!

Thanks a lot!

same here.. some colours are rotated.
your headset, drivers and gpu are fine.
its just the new software 1.20
1.19 worked perfect with dk2.
its a shame we have no option to get back to 1.19.
you just cant, it requires a internet connection and is always downloading the newest version.
it doesnt matter what installer you use...

i hope they will do something about that.
i wont buy another headset just because the software was updatet...
it just worked perfect a few days ago..

Arf!

What a shame, I was having so much fun with EVE that I have even been trying to play it in "green" mode :smile: 
But those other color rotated rly gives a headache :wink:

I will browse through there "career" section see if they can use help to fix this issue, I need contract work anyways! :smile:

Aymito2
Expert Protege
So how to stop this 1.20 upgrade or revert  to older driver if problems appear from it, we should have more flexible control on the update procedure, or it will be difficult for some users .....
Siew
Explorer

Siew said:

+1

this is so stupid... disableing  the automatic updates doesnt work. it will automatically install 1.20 anyway :neutral:
investigation goes on, not that i had better stuff to do :neutral:

i was trying to show virtual reality to some friends...
now their impression is it doesnt work with oculus.

nice work guys, this is the way to intruduce new people to vr 😉 NOT!

i told them not buy buy oculus if they are interested, because their software is a pile of bullshit.
it was always a huge problem if you like to use older runtimes for years now...
they just dont care or cant code...

im so angry right now... get your shit fixed asap OCULUS!
glechapelain
Explorer
they just dont care or cant code...

im so angry right now... get your shit fixed asap OCULUS!

It's hard to find the best way to support your user base :neutral:

Anyways, I've applied to the `Development Engineer, Oculus Platform' ad on the facebook site.

If I can help in some ways (w/o having to move to Seattle though :blush: )
samfeldt
Honored Guest
also got a black screen after update 😕
stargate88
Protege
It seems since the update that I get from time to time a black screen. Then I need to go to Settings -> Beta -> Restart oculus to fix it.
Aymito2
Expert Protege
We need an offline download link for this update 1.20 with an option to revert to older driver in case of any problems that would appear, I think this is the a good solution..
Ybalrid
Expert Protege
Since 1.20 sometimes my rift is no longer detected, even after unplugin/plugin it back and/or restarting the oculus services.

Rebooting Windows seems to fix that every-time. It's no big deal, and probably due to the fact that I let the computer running for days at a time with the headset plugged and the software running.
arcistar
Protege
With this update version 1.20, the DK2 doesn't work anymore with AMD card. Please, can you fix this problem or give us the possibility to download the previous version of Oculus Platform version 1.19? 
vasiliou_vasili
Honored Guest
same here AMD r9 290 and the oculus dk2 doesnt work anymore!!whel it works but it has green haze and blue and red are rotated!!!give us a solution or let us download the 1.19 at least!!!
paulmisaac
Protege
They claim to be working on the DK2/AMD issue and have claimed this since Thursday of last week
Anonymous
Not applicable

i m running the newest driver 385.69
i had test this multiple times now. there is nothing wrong my driver, or computer, or cable connection.
because i can uninstall my oculus app, and reinstall it. it will work perfectly fine for about a minute, then i m forced to update oculus app. once the app restart. i lost the display on my head set.
the light on head set still blue, sound is on, sensors are good, controllers are good, games are good because i can still see the display on my desktop screen. just the headset screen wont turn on at all.

What 'blue light'? ... Mine is either orange or white.

arcistar
Protege

They claim to be working on the DK2/AMD issue and have claimed this since Thursday of last week

Can you paste the reference link where they have said this, please?
paulmisaac
Protege

arcistar said:

Can you paste the reference link where they have said this, please?

No - they told me this in a support ticket reply.  I'm really starting to think they're not going to sort it
stevenwan
Explorer
Have been 2 weeks and the Oculus is still black screen with 1.20, no one takes action, seriously?
kzintzi
Trustee

stevenwan said:

Have been 2 weeks and the Oculus is still black screen with 1.20, no one takes action, seriously?

at the risk of pissing you off - have you logged a support ticket? while you may not be the only one having this issue, it's not affecting everyone and peoples hardware/circumstances vary. if you have logged a support ticket, email them - they're nice people and they always get back to me within a couple of hours.. 

cybereality
Grand Champion

stevenwan said:

See this post:
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/560799#Comment_560799
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had issues with Elite:Dangerous since the October NVIDIA Update. At first thought it was the added Nvidia Sound Driver to my monitor I do not use so uninstalled that to no avail. Tried restarting device and knew it wasn't this 1.20 Oculus Update as it's been ok until the Windows Auto update this week. So I ROLLED BACK DRIVER and it hung for a while until restoring the July Driver. E:D now runs smooth as butter as before - no more glitch jumping as I look around. NVIDIA need to sort out their shit!
EVGA GTX1080 ACC2

MysterySteve
Explorer
Did anyone here (Especially @OculusFTL) even once consider restarting the service in services.msc? Every time the orange light and black screen thing happened for me, even after updates, that always worked for me. I only had to do it 2 or 3 times in total (far apart in time, too) and it now hasn't happened in half a year. Also, @CoolFire321, Facebook did not MAKE Oculus, they BOUGHT Oculus. Most hardware related things (most) they left to the original oculus team. Facebook was mostly in it for optimizing it for social stuff.
nrosko
Superstar
how to get on Rift Core 2.0 beta?
Richooal
Consultant

nrosko said:

Open your Oculus App
Go to Settings, "Beta"
Select "Public Test Channel" ..... On

Wait for for beta test roll out..............
rh_galaxy
Heroic Explorer
Better post where some Oculus staff are maybe reading...

Oculus Home back button is broken... The previous position is often reset to the top position, so you have to scroll down again to where you were. Can't you make it go back to the scroll position where you left of always?
This has annoyed me for many months.
MowTin
Expert Trustee

Richooal said:

nrosko said:

Open your Oculus App
Go to Settings, "Beta"

When is Core 2.0 bet a rolling out?
Anonymous
Not applicable

MowTin said:

Richooal said:

nrosko said:

Open your Oculus App
Go to Settings, "Beta"

When is Core 2.0 bet a rolling out?

Looks like Dec 6th.
https://mobile.twitter.com/OculusRift/status/937065152549093376
Richooal
Consultant
@grizman859
Don't post this crap here, there's other threads where you won't have to disguise the link.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Richooal said:

@grizman859
Don't post this crap here, there's other threads where you won't have to disguise the link.

Indeed, very tacky!!
assettomio
Adventurer

@cybereality  Can you remove this spam? People might click on it, as it's not what it looks like
Bonifontis
Explorer
Confirmed few black screens in oculus but just for a second or two then everything goes back to normal ? 
iJudgement
Heroic Explorer

Lots of spam bots apparently
cybereality
Grand Champion
Thanks. They were deleted.
blumm
Protege
Hej. With this update I got lags every 5 Seconds. I was hoping to get rid of them with the beta of 1.21 but I got the same issue. Before everything was running fine. Are there any tips for this issue?
kzintzi
Trustee
@cybereality, can you point me at the feedback channel for the beta please :smile:

Thanks.
cybereality
Grand Champion
The 1.2.1 Beta feedback page is here. Thanks.
https://riftcorebeta.uservoice.com/
Anonymous
Not applicable
redacted. 

(wrong thread)