cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green haze and pink 90 degrees mirror

KingofKamikaze
Protege
Maybe anyone on this forum can help me.
I have a very strange problem where my screens turn green and in my right screen there seems to be a 90 degrees turned purple/pink mirror image of the screen as well.
I dont know what causes the problem but this is the second time it appears. It seems to start when i shut down or open an application on the rift.
Last time i fixed it by uninstalling the software and reinstalling it again, but i cant imagine that being the only solution (rebooting my PC doesnt work).

Does anyone know how i can fix this ?
Thanks in advance!

17n0ljux1z5i.jpgy4se6jjmnipw.jpg1j9d6s0pi00f.jpg
110 REPLIES 110

TheMattyOnline
Protege
Must admit I was a shoe in for an upgrade to the CV1. 
Will hold off and look at other options also now after this debacle.
Vive does look very nice but shame it's still so pricey. 

iJudgement
Heroic Explorer

Was about to buy some sweet oculus controllers right before this started.
Now thinking of selling this stuff to someone with an NVidea card and buying a htc vive.....

The Touch wouldn't work with your DK2 anyways.

GoatSafari
Explorer

Now thinking of selling this stuff to someone with an NVidea card and buying a htc vive.....

Thanks for clarifying that, I was considering buying a touch...
paulmisaac said:
GoatSafari said:
Day 9. Slowly my brain regains the ability to recognise 2D shapes. Withdrawal symptoms begin to set in. I have taken to sellotaping my printer to my face to emulate the weight of a Rift headset. May soon start rapid blinking to reduce my framerate. Will continue posting updates as my mental state develops.
I've been sitting in the corner, rocking back and forth.  The voices......they have faces.....they seem friendly.....turns out it's my family and I got married to one of them in August.  But....the resolution out here....its....it's better than 4K..... *jumps back to Gear VR for a 10 minute fix before it overheats*
Day 11. My dad is a pringle and my mother has no face. I don't remember where I live. Tonight I will sleep under a bus shelter and hope the flying Genghis doesn't wake me up again.

KingofKamikaze
Protege

Good to know, tnx!

TheMattyOnline
Protege
Anyone heard of an update for this?  

Given up mailing support. Waste of time.

GoatSafari
Explorer

I can't get my comment out of this quote box!!

Anyone heard of an update for this?  

Given up mailing support. Waste of time.

Apparently there's going to be an update this week that'll fix it, that's all I know.

paulmisaac
Protege

Hey Paul,

Thank you for your patience on this case.

Could you please opt-in to the Public Test Channel and allow your Oculus software to update?

Once updated, give VR a try and report back with your findings.

Thanks.

Constantine
Oculus Support

Aaaaaannnnnnddddddd...........go!!!  I've not got time to test it until tonight UK time - anybody else?

TheMattyOnline
Protege
Typically my wife wants to go Xmas shopping on my day off! Will try later 😉

zappa2
Explorer
Yay!  I Will test tonight when I am back from work.
@cybereality:  can we see the release notes of the test channel updates somewhere? 

KingofKamikaze
Protege
No need for testing, can confirm IT WORKS!!!
My beautiful brick of over 200 euro's changed back into a beautiful screen of over 200 euro's with a terrible resolution but amazing features 😄