cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Your First Medium Sculpts!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will get this going! 

Just went through the tutorial, the UI is sooo easy to use, picked it up right away. I do have experience with 3D in Maya but still!

Here is my first sculpt, took me about an hour to do 🙂 

s4bcf0vpu9h3.jpg
772 REPLIES 772

CrimsonCatalyst
Explorer
Hey Guys! So, wow. Just got into this a couple days ago. Never an artist, but I did try 3d modelling a few years ago. Lack of skills and an able computer put a stop to it. Now in this age. 10 years later I might add. This program is amazing. Worth getting the rift all by itself!
(obligatory) This is technically my second build. Some kind of head hugging, brain sucking, creature straight from strange. vozabfbitumh.pngbk5kqhlgoiv7.png5n1cq3tyhlke.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great to see lots of new people posting here again, keep them coming!!! 

Remember to create your own sketchbooks here on the forum too 🙂

hollidayxr
Explorer
my first sculp was very weird as you can see... I hadn't modeled anything in over a decade because it was too tedious and boring... But not in Medium! I am having fun9nb74w1s08a8.png

hollidayxr
Explorer
k02umkel0yc8.png

zhanli
Honored Guest
9gvnafkxbw3o.png
Hiya! I've only ever had a cursory experience with 3D modelling on Blender, and I only picked up an Oculus for a total hour count of about 7 hours. I made this knobbly flamingo in the first half hour of getting used to Medium, and I'm keen to learn and make more! 😄

ivan3000
Honored Guest
First sculpt in Medium and i'm having a blast!!! VR is the great dooropener for everyone who had a giant hurdle to get behind 3D-Tools like me. Still missing stuff like rotate/duplicate on axis or better hard surface tools but rendered properly as a base to paintover or to clean up in zBrush later on its the perfect tool! (Running on a 1060 GTX OC and 32GB RAM)
urld0en9ldly.pngbjjbr6sgqcmi.png

hughJ
Protege

Not my first medium sculpts, but I didn't want to create a new comment thread for this. 

I don't have any experience with sculpting prior to Medium, but I'm definitely finding visualizing and sculpting in it to be much easier than sketching in 2D.  Much easier for learning anatomy and forms because you're not having to translate 3D into a 2D projection in your head, and the objects have a very mechanical sense of mass/inertia that's impossible to ignore in 3D.  A single sculpt of a hand is worth a hundred of such practice sketches since you're able to view it and tweak it from every angle, and I'm finding that my drawing is improving as a result of Medium.

Sivve
Explorer
Hi,
Here is my first sculpt. I modelled it in Medium and then scaled it for 3D Printing in Netfabb. The neck is made of wood tho.
8wokqjmylwku.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Outstanding! 

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's so awesome, great job!