cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with launching games through the Oculus Client

NovaNova_v1
Sightseer
Hi. I've just bought the Oculus Rift yesterday, and set everything up. However, none of the games will launch when I open them through the Oculus client. No new windows open up on my desktop, and a spinning circle appears and spins for a while, and then the message "______ is taking a while to load. If this issue persists, please take off your headset and check this app on your computer" appears while the circle keeps spinning. No matter how long I wait, nothing changes. This happens with all the games, but not non-game apps like Oculus Video.
I tried playing games through SteamVR, and the games work just fine. They launch properly, and I can play them just fine.
If anyone knows how to fix this, please help. Thank you in advance.

My system specs
CPU: Intel i7-6700k @ 4.00GHz
GPU: EVGA GTX1070 8GB
RAM: 16GB
5 REPLIES 5

MystaMagoo
Heroic Explorer
Are you launching through the goggles or from the screen?
Antec Quattro ~ Asrock Taichi X399 ~ Threadripper 1920X ~ 32gb 3200mhz GSkill ~ RTX3060ti ~ m.2 970evo

NovaNova_v1
Sightseer

Are you launching through the goggles or from the screen?

I've tried both ways, but neither works. However, I bought some cheap games to see if this happens with every game, and it turns out that I am able to play some games. I was able to play Floor Plan, Lucky's Tale, Ripcoil, and Dead and Buried. The games that hasn't worked for me are Oculus: First Contact, EVE: Valkyrie, and RoboRecall, and also the Oculus tutorial games. When I click on the game through the client, the game doesn't launch but it says now playing and the circle just keeps spinning.

cybereality
Grand Champion
The games that aren't working seem to all be Unreal Engine titles. Most likely something on your computer is blocking them. For example, when you first load the game you may have received a popup about a firewall warning. It you clicked block that could mess things up. I'd try setting exceptions for those apps in your anti-virus, firewall, etc. and see if that helps.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

NovaNova_v1
Sightseer

The games that aren't working seem to all be Unreal Engine titles. Most likely something on your computer is blocking them. For example, when you first load the game you may have received a popup about a firewall warning. It you clicked block that could mess things up. I'd try setting exceptions for those apps in your anti-virus, firewall, etc. and see if that helps.

When I first opened those apps, I never received a firewall warning. The warnings didn't show up when I opened games that do launch properly either. I'm using ESET Antivirus and Malwarebytes simultaneously, but they are not giving me any notification about blocking those apps. I still tried putting those apps in exclusions though, didn't seem to work. I am able to run Redout: Enhanced Edition on SteamVR though, and from what I gathered I think it is run on the Unreal Engine? 

EdgeBisou
Honored Guest
sorry to up this post, but i'm having some really similar issue, and it looks like ot's the only post post to talk about it lol
did you please find a way to repair it ?
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?