cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Threads on the Same Subject

I have respectful request for my fellow forum users.

Before creating a thread, can you please do a quick search to see if a thread on that subject already exists before you create a new one?

The jitters problem is a prime example. I understand if you want to emphasise your problem and you think a new thread is a way to highlight the issue.... but it's really not helpful in finding a solution. Many people have tried solutions, found they work, posted about the solution... and it just gets lost because there are so many threads to look though.

And even if that solution doesn't work, it's much easier to discount it and establish the correct solution when it's contained in the same thread. At the very least, it's so much easier to track down a common cause... or more likely the combination of causes when you can follow a single thread which everyone can contribute to.

Edit. here's an example of how a post can be edited to show useful information provided by additional contributors 🙂

24 REPLIES 24

I've updated the main post on this thread with useful information.

now it looks like I'm being facetious

kojack
MVP
MVP
Unfortunately mods don't have the ability to split or merge threads, all we can do is edit individual posts, delete posts / threads or move threads to different boards. So managing mega threads is trickier than it could be.
I miss phpbb, it has merge/split.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
No Daftnclear I totally get it, and I know I’m a pain man. But the voices go unheard too often and nothing is done to help those that have these problems. We try every suggestion in these posts constantly. I know I make my voice heard a lot but we get no updates to the goings on that will address these issues or even to acknowledge they  exist you know. Squeaky wheels brother. It’s very easy for people to forget if they have no issue whatsoever. But these problems are at the forefront and my only hope that’s something is being done about the jittering and loading chugs that happen in almost everything after October weather that be Oculus or Windows. Trust me I’d rather be making fun and joyful posts but me and quite a few others can’t without a Rift working like it would’ve in the past. Silky smooth VR is what I had. Those good times with the Rift are too far and in between for me so in my case I’m glad people are being vocal in several posts. The future Rift community to come deserves better from this company and we are trying to make a difference for everyone.

I totally get your frustration @UBSERD, I just hope you don't think that my suggestion was in any way trying to dismiss the problem.. it was the opposite.

Yes I don't have any jitters and in a way that's useful for everyone to know, even those with jitters because it helps trace the problem. I have the latest creators update installed and the latest NVidia drivers but I never install NVidia experience (as I posted in one of the threads) or third party driver tuning apps. The thing is I didn't bother posting in all the threads and that's my point. Anyone with a suggestion is likely to do the same.... post in one thread or maybe 2 but not all.

It's also useful to have your hardware as a signature so we can start seeing if there's a correlation between people who have a problem... or any commonality between those who don't... it all helps! At the very least this thread has given an opportunity to highlight the jitters problem again! so I guess we all win.

We could start working through the problem in this thread, that would be ironic.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very true my friend and I appreciate you responding and now understand your stance better.  My apologies if I misinterpreted. I just don’t want us to be tossed to the wayside this time like so many other times in the past with these issues hindering an otherwise fantastic experience.

I think putting my specs in the signature is a great idea and I will tonight once I’m home from the grind

Anonymous
Not applicable
I swear I’m not a troll. Just looking for what I’m owed. This isn’t a cheap venture to be as buggy as it is. I feel like I breath then the issues return lolz. It should work as advertised without caveats. Thanks again!

trolls only ever exist on Reddit, that's true

Anonymous
Not applicable
Right lol

cybereality
Grand Champion

kojack said:

Unfortunately mods don't have the ability to split or merge threads, all we can do is edit individual posts, delete posts / threads or move threads to different boards. So managing mega threads is trickier than it could be.
I miss phpbb, it has merge/split.

Mods actually do have merge/split capabilities. It's just a little more confusing with Vanilla compared to phpbb. You can merge two threads by clicking the white check box on the left side next to the thread title in the discussion view. Then look on the far lower left area the browser, there is a little panel that opens that lets you merge 2 threads. For splits, go inside the topic and on the top right of each post (you can select multiple posts in one go) and then look at the little icon that appears on the far lower left of the browser. This will let you split the comments into a new discussion. Then you can go back to the discussion view and merge the two threads. It's a little complex compared to phpbb, but we do have the feature if we really need to use it.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

kojack
MVP
MVP
Interesting. I didn't think they'd be somewhere other than the gear icon that has all the other thread tools. 🙂

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2