New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

DEAD MOON - Revenge on Phobos - FPS Action Horror Game

M.A.I.-SoldierM.A.I.-Soldier Posts: 40
Brain Burst
edited October 2017 in Games and Apps

A new game that sends the player to a war between good and evil. Experience hordes of monsters, a gloomy Sci-Fi atmosphere, mighty weapons, a new feeling of gaming, and a lot of fun in VR.

What do think about the teaser and trailer? 

Enquiries: [email protected]

"Sprotzen oder nicht Sprotzen ... das ist hier die Frage" - Philosoph unbekannt

Comments

• AtariVRAtariVR Posts: 86
    Hiro Protagonist
    I like those big hands!
  • dcyphuredcyphure Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    Too many games like this already. Yet another Doom'ish type VR game with a simple environment, walk n shoot at aliens, turn corner, walk n shoot at aliens, turn another corner... *yawn.
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,362 Poster of the Week
    Have to agree with you damaged core looks like a better buy
    WAAAGH!
  • M.A.I.-SoldierM.A.I.-Soldier Posts: 40
    Brain Burst
    edited July 2017

DEAD MOON - Revenge on Phobos / Gameplay Launch Trailer

Coming soon for Oculus Rift.

Brain Burst
    DEAD MOON - Revenge on Phobos VR in-game video for your headset 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCK9lOMx_j4&t=4s

• boris.kreuzerboris.kreuzer Posts: 1
    NerveGear
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 5,044 Valuable Player
    I wish we could have a game with graphics that were on par with Resident Evil 7. These games look very basic in comparison to that game. We have ASW now so it doesn't have to be a constant 90 FPS. 
    Brain Burst
    edited August 6
    Hello,

Dead Moon - Revenege on Phobos has been available in the Oculus Store for about a month now.

Updates
    During this time, we have already been able to install four updates and thus bring about major improvements. For example:

- Free locomotion via Thumbstick
    - CPU performance update (Tested with FX6350/R390)
    - New gore effects (Monsters can cut into pieces)
    - More diversification of enemies AI
    - Complete revision of the tutorial map

More detailed information can be found on our homepage. In our blog you will also find letsplay collection, some pictures, articles

“... playing DM reminds me of what I’ve been missing.”, .VRBeginnersGuide
    “Hands On: Dead Moon – Revenge on Phobos Early Access Release”,  VR The Gamers

and further background information.

For press articles and reports you can also use our press kit.

Best,
    Dead Moon VR team

Edit: Some new pictures

Brain Burst
    edited October 2017
    We have prepared a small trailer for our upcoming October update. The update is very explosive!!

Preview update on YouTube

Brain Burst
    edited August 6
    Currently, Dead Moon continues to evolve into an action-packed horror shooter. There will come more frightening sequences with the next update (Update Round 6) and much more 3D elements. Dead Moon appears more and more "rounder".

Brain Burst
    dcyphure said:
    Too many games like this already. Yet another Doom'ish type VR game with a simple environment, walk n shoot at aliens, turn corner, walk n shoot at aliens, turn another corner... *yawn.
    We have a revised AI with individual fighting characteristics of the monsters. Ranged combat as well as close combat opponents are represented. From patrolling to horror jump scare surprise everything is represented.

Brain Burst
    lovethis said:
    I wish we could have a game with graphics that were on par with Resident Evil 7. These games look very basic in comparison to that game. We have ASW now so it doesn't have to be a constant 90 FPS. 
    We have relatively high minimum hardware requirements. 

Brain Burst
    edited August 6
    The new Update Round Six is now available on Oculus store.

Some impressions from the new content:

• Meat_ManMeat_Man Posts: 117
    Art3mis
    What will its release price be?
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 12,265 Power Poster

The environments look great, but I noticed that it is the same Monster Skin in almost all images. How many different enemy types are there?
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    Brain Burst
    Meat_Man said:
    What will its release price be?
    It depends on demand of content. We are not settled yet since we want to give something back to the players who’s supported us from the very beginning the EA version will probably be cheaper.

Brain Burst
    Zenbane said:

The environments look great, but I noticed that it is the same Monster Skin in almost all images. How many different enemy types are there?
    We tried to create a very "oppressive" end-time mood through the environment. We have done this very well so far and thus consolidated the idea behind Dead Moon. The development continues in this direction. Our monster hordes currently consist of six different enemy models in different forms and combat characteristics. E. g. as monster jumcares, patrolling, melee and ranged combat or both and more. 

On our homepage you will find more pictures of nearly all monsters. Through our regular updates you will also see more and more where Dead Moon is developing. 

Brain Burst
    edited November 2017
    -

Art3mis
    The game reminds me of Dead Space for some reason.
  • JoeManji08JoeManji08 Posts: 123
    Art3mis
    My guess is the 1st word of the title. :p
    Brain Burst
    edited December 2017
    -

Brain Burst
    edited August 6
    Dead Moon - Revenge on Phobos - is currently offered at a reduced price in the Oculus store. We will also promptly install a new update with some new bug fixes and smaler improvements.

Brain Burst
    edited December 2017
    There is a new Dead Moon update with some bug fixes and new graphic elements.

Art3mis
    edited January 7
    Great game, man!  My friend bought it and I got to try on his PC.  On account of the game requiring Windows 8.1+, I can't play it on my system.  Despite that, it's quite awesome.  If DOOM and Dead Space had a baby, and that baby was given a M9 along with some steroids...it'd look like this game.  
    Brain Burst
    We are already looking forward to the end of the Winter. In the meantime, DEAD MOON raises the body temperature and lets us sweat. BÄM

Brain Burst
    Meat_Man said:
    Great game, man!  My friend bought it and I got to try on his PC.  On account of the game requiring Windows 8.1+, I can't play it on my system.  Despite that, it's quite awesome.  If DOOM and Dead Space had a baby, and that baby was given a M9 along with some steroids...it'd look like this game.  
    Thanks for the positive review. Dead Moons demand is a fast action-packed shooter in VR without a lot of frills. VR glasses on, controller in the hand and the monster hunt can start. 

Brain Burst
    Upcoming Update Round (No date yet): We have some new content for you. The rotten Stickney 2 moon base is sinking more and more into the caos of the monster hordes.

What other new content do you want for Dead Moon - Revenge on Phobos? Is the interactivity during the game enough for you etc.?

Brain Burst
    There is an update announcement with details on content. YEAH HA! 

Brain Burst
    We have created a new short EA trailer with the support of our new sound and music designer Sofamusik. The trailer will also be available soon in the oculus store. Have fun watching and listening.   B)  :) <3

Brain Burst
    From 1st to 8th March 2018 there is a 25% discount on Dead Moon.