cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fistful of Colors Sketchbook

Fistful_of_Colo
Adventurer
For this one I followed the paint export tutorial from SouthernGFX to get the texture out of Medium and create some render passes.
Really having fun with Medium! I'm thinking of doing a full scene soon - but maybe its better to do some more test sketches first 🙂
2xw4nee1uoe6.pngn0rdsi7uncrc.pngw1raaobxv52v.jpg73byz9hfaym6.jpg
168 REPLIES 168

Fistful_of_Colo
Adventurer
Latest work done are these two character variations of a pitfighter. Paintover in Photoshop like the last image. Originaly made the first character in an a-pose and the posed it with the move tool. For the second variation I just moved the symmetry and sculpted the new parts in the pose. Process got med wondering if it would be very hard for the devs to give the move tool an alternative square shape or even make it possible to use stamp shapes for the base shape of the move tool and still have control over the inner and outer circles shapes? That would be insanely useful!

pgvrevtgi2sf.png
hab7tc6xp188.png
3ylmtg5zmvs3.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Dude killing it! And, yeah, +1 on move shapes. 

Fistful_of_Colo
Adventurer
Hey guys,

I've joined the "Beneath the waves" concept challenge at Artstation in the Character/Creature Design category.
You can follow my submission as it develops here: 

https://www.artstation.com/contests/beneath-the-waves/challenges/33/submissions/24785?sorting=latest

But I will also post some progress here - as all of the design work apart from initial sketches will be done in Medium 🙂

Fistful_of_Colo
Adventurer
Here are some of the first quick sketches done in Medium, some of these are based off of quick notepad sketches, but most of them are just brainstorming shapes and ideas directly in Medium. Works great when just working with the sphere shape in new layer at two steps of lowered resolution 🙂

cv17ir4idgnk.jpg

1x6lwa88cia8.jpg

ffq78jfiwigy.jpg

6aee1bsmmsnq.jpg

ewrj04nfnegh.jpg

u0gpvcmb47qi.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Wicked. Looking forward to watching this develop! 

Fistful_of_Colo
Adventurer
Took the day off to make sure I get far enough to feel confident about the deadline (I joined rather late)..

Took on characters today.. Have to do 5 humanoid characters and 5 creatures in total. Will also post some video of the sculpting process 🙂

Also laid the base for one more creature.

9y3a0f74ym0z.jpgc3ict3rjdsue.jpg5uqbe3foekz9.jpg4qylc84ky2xc.jpgqubrfh8ds6hi.jpgeq86tsyyuphd.jpg0c2g6jxf23nb.jpg

Fistful_of_Colo
Adventurer
Video of the Whale City creature sketching:

https://vimeo.com/245236692

Fistful_of_Colo
Adventurer
Test of lineup - trying to determine placement and how to pose the individual characters.

t2m7f1lu99qc.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Jesus dude, you don't muck about do you? That's at least a months worth of work for me in two freaking days!

MattHickman
Rising Star
This is so rad, love seeing the process start to finish. Good luck!