cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upon startup i get Fatal Error: Medium has crashed

Unityboy
Honored Guest
Medium was working fine until a few days ago.
I got a displayport to hdmi converter for my 2nd monitor and that caused both monitors to be unstable, going on and off, or displayed no signal at all. This is the only notable change I can think of. I'm using one monitor via displayport (no converter) and a second via DVI now with no issues. 

I tired a number of fixes but none work for me including: 
making sure i don't have overclocking software running
cleaning my system of all things oculus and reinstalling 
getting rid of all ad blockers
reinstalling graphics drivers

I'm hoping that looking in the right place in the oculus logs could shed some light on the issue? Can anyone tell me what I should be looking for? 

Much thanks.    
19 REPLIES 19

MattHickman
Rising Star
Have you tried running the rift and only a single monitor? We have seen some issues related to a second monitor cause instability but usually when it's run off a video output not on the main GPU. 

The Medium specific logs are at: *UserName*\AppData\LocalLow\Oculus\Medium\log

Sypherx
Honored Guest
I'm getting the same error.  I use one monitor but my rift is connected to my GPU via a HDMI to DisplayPort.  Could this be the issue?  Every app on Oculus works except Medium.  I've tried all of the troubleshooting above.  I've sent Oculus my logs.  Can't figure out why i can't use this app.  Any ideas please help

Sypherx
Honored Guest
I'm getting the same error.  I use one monitor but my rift is connected to my GPU via a HDMI to DisplayPort.  Could this be the issue?  Every app on Oculus works except Medium.  I've tried all of the troubleshooting above.  I've sent Oculus my logs.  Can't figure out why i can't use this app.  Any ideas please help

Sypherx
Honored Guest
I just changed my ports and put Rift on HDMI and my monitor on DP...No change.  I can't use this app because of the Fatal Error.  If anyone can find a solution that would be great :expressionless: 

Sypherx
Honored Guest
I feel like this line in my log may shine some light on our issue.  Do you get the following error in your log too?

11/28/17 01:39:25 : GLFW Error [65542]: WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGL
11/28/17 01:39:25 : FAIL_RELEASE Unable to create window at src\app.cpp:653

MattHickman
Rising Star
What video card are you running and what's the driver version? Maybe just attach your dxdiag and we can poke around?

Sypherx
Honored Guest

What video card are you running and what's the driver version? Maybe just attach your dxdiag and we can poke around?

I have a GTX 1080ti Driver version 388.31  On a Windows 10 Pro 64 OS.  I've attached my dxdiag.  

MattHickman
Rising Star
Are you trying to run this using re-vive? Not seeing anything strange in your setup asside from the vive camera showing up and it looks like one of your Oculus drivers is unsigned. 

Sypherx
Honored Guest

I have a GTX 1080ti Driver version 388.31 (latest version)  On a Windows 10 Pro 64 OS.  I've attached my dxdiag.