cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those having stuttering, and hitching issues, has your performance gotten worse since 1.20.01?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got home today very excited to see Oculus released an update. I was telling myself ok finally they may have looked into the issues and released a fix for the stuttering described in many posts blowing up on the forums lately. Well I wish you had the ability to rollback the updates, because my performance now is incredibly bad. This was the only thing that updated on my PC today and now the Rift stutters when things load more than yesterday by a large margin. For the people that have these issues, and never had Rivatuner, Msi Afterburner etcetera, did this update improve, or make your performance worse?
66 REPLIES 66

M4cgyv3rBrady
Honored Guest
Where the hell are the patch notes for these updates ? All it says is the update number!

Anonymous
Not applicable
 Yeah tell me about it. M4gyverBrady can you check Robo Recall and let me know if you aren’t getting vibration in the touch controllers either? I’m just trying to see if these updates are directly affecting stuff.

zork2001
Heroic Explorer
there is nothing more you can trouble shoot the software has taken a hit, they are back to day 1 when they released the touch controllers with this performance. I am having different issues with every game that I did not have before weather it is the screen shifting from side back to center or the screen going blank for a second because it lost tracking for no reason whatsoever. I use to have some of these problems when only 1 sensor was able to see you now when both sensors see you the problems are far worse than before.

Anonymous
Not applicable
 OK so it’s not just me. I just played Lucky’s Tale right before it updated and it was fine with slightly missing animation but playable and then it updated and now It’s running bad and there’s no vibration on touch in that either.  At least now I can take a break LOL.

Anonymous
Not applicable
 I know for a fact nothing else downloaded except for the 1.20.02 update

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok.... I feel dumb and apologize.. I accidentally turned off the vibration on robo unknowingly and it coincidentally happened right around the time that the update downloaded so I was wrong. And also Luckys tail I guess never had vibration on touch because it’s not working there doesn’t seem to be a toggle. So again my apologies.. egg on my face as they say. But my performance is still different than earlier it seems for the worst. I will continue to look into this tomorrow.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I am in the united Kingdom and received a windows update and Oculus drivers last night. I will test some games and will post my results in here. I did have a stuttering problem a few weeks ago, but I fixed it by reinstalling the new Nvidia driver. I installed it clean and without changing any setting in Nvidia control panel. I also ran the Oculus setup again and reinstalled some games. You aren't using SuperSameling in the Oculus debug tool/ Tray tool or Steam VR settings are you? That set high would cause what you are getting. In the meantime I'll give my games a test..

Edit: Did you also test a different Hdmi port? Change this out with computer off and run the Oculus setup again?  You could also test your Rift without your monitor plugged in after trying another Hdmi port. Just things like this would rule out it been the Hdmi port etc..

Wildt
Consultant

UBSERD said:

Here is a shot of what Lucky's Tale is giving me using what you recommended after playing it for about 5 minutes. I'm not sure what I'm looking at so does this look like it's within normal parameters lovethis? Again I really appreciate you sticking with me helping all you can with my delema!!9fyht0g81u3v.jpg

What does PerfCap Reason say when you hover your mouse over the blue section?
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

YoLolo69
Trustee
Personally I do have stutters after a while and checked my CPU temps and saw it goes far above the 80° with an intensive CPU test (prime95). I guess this is due to the thermal past on my CPU I7 3770K OC 4,4Ghz which is too old (july 2012). Time to renew this thermal past. Pffiiiuuuu, it's a long work as I have to remove the MB to proceed and got a big Noctua fan to remove and set again!

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Wildt
Consultant

YoLolo69 said:

I have to remove the MB to proceed

Why?
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb