cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laggy Oculus rift

RobotsAreCool
Honored Guest
My computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements, and as a result, all of my movements are stuttered and lag behind me. Really disorientating. How do I fix this?
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

upgrade ur pc if it doesn't meet minimum specs and VR is shuddering...

On a side note, There have been reports of micro-stutters with some of the NVidia drivers, but apparently 388.31 have fixed this.

Anonymous
Not applicable
MY best guess it's a driver issue with the X-51 lots of reports saying it works just fine and others having problems with it. Sometimes it does help to move your cameras around or a bit closer if you can and then redoing the tracking setup. As far as that goes - the only thing left would be the drivers as it seems a bunch of the ones saying it doesn't are all with in a bunch of time stamps - meaning like a bad driver update.

Well what are your PC specs?
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
https://www.amazon.com/Oculus-Alienware-Desktop-Bundle-Discontinued/dp/B01BHN27M2/ref=sr_1_2?s=elect...

• Includes: Oculus Rift headset with built-in headphones and mic, sensor, remote, Xbox One Wireless Controller, and a Alienware Oculus Ready x51 i5 Desktop PC.
  • PC specifications: Intel core i5 6400 2.7 GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX970 graphics card.
  • Oculus Rift's advanced display technology combined with its precise, low-latency constellation tracking system enables the sensation of presence.
  • Discover and download games across genres ranging from action RPGs, sci-fi shooters, mind-bending puzzle games, and more - and play them from an entirely new perspective. Lucky's Tale is included with every Rift purchase.
  • Latest 6th generation Intel Core i5-6400 Quad Core 2.7 GHz processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.3 GHz) Includes Hyper-Threading
  • Fast performance with 8GB DDR4 (2133Mhz) memory and 1TB SATA 6Gb/s (7,200RPM) storage
  • Astounding visuals with NVIDIA GTX 970 4GB DDR5 graphics
There are two version of the 51- but the other just has more ram really.

There are more than 2 versions, with different CPUs etc.

Hence why i asked.

http://alienware-x51.wikia.com/wiki/Alienware_x51_Wiki
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh I just look up the 51 base off the tag I saw. It might be the other one as far as it could be - but that be really out of date...

Anonymous
Not applicable
 Go to this link at the bottom to bring you to this magical forum post.  Look at the comment from aisepos! His suggestion actually fixed everything. Oculus has never suggested this but now they will. This man is a genius and he actually figured out why I was having my problems... all 6 months of them.  I can’t guarantee it’s a cure all but I hope this helps you too and give him a shout if you see him. He is a God!!!! 

Thanks to everyone in their suggestions if they are reading this. I really appreciate all the help and working together to figure out these things for the community.

See you in the Rift!

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/58073/poor-tracking-quality-audio-glitches-lagging-...