cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could complete/ Open oculus app installation ( OVR40779122)

mmpk007
Honored Guest
Hi

Tried to install oculus app for the first time, did the registration and got activation mail, but could not login to app. any workaround

Regards
mmpk

mn1ygpnplfb6.png
24 REPLIES 24

li342494491
Honored Guest
Same problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
same, can't sign in

PetitDevil
Honored Guest
cant sign in as well. 

PetitDevil
Honored Guest
I fixed my problem(OVR40779122) by changing the DNS as 8.8.8.8. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

but, changing the dns as 8.8.8.8  ,still can`t sign in

cybereality
Grand Champion
Seems working here. Can you submit a support ticket? https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

speedstormruby
Honored Guest

This REALLY helps!! Awesome!!!

Ramstar123
Honored Guest
Just FYI, if you're using Bullguard, for some reason the Email monitoring service blocks my access on oculus. Disable the email monitoring service in services.msc and then go task manager > Details tab > find Bullguard filtering.exe process and end task. Then try closing and reopening Oculus app. I have to do this every time i use oculus.

jun_yang_0102
Honored Guest
DNS thing works! Thanks! 

AxisPCNI
Honored Guest
I can't seem to get this working at all. Changing the DNS settings just breaks my connection.

Pretty sure this is hindering a lot of developers from running the much needed Oculus Link feature. Slowing down development considerably; suggesting that you should add a feature in the sign in procedure that enables proxy variables or just check the windows settings which should be available to you as well.