cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[LAG] - Are my specs just not good enough? Or is my oculus system damaged?

bramdcpr
Sightseer
I started looking for a VR experience a few months back.
After looking at what the recommended specs were, I bought a PC:
I thought this would garranty a smooth experience. 
I played for a few hours when I got the PC and stopped for a few months.

Now comming back, I experience a lot of lag and my computer started crashing. Did the games become much more heavy to play? Or is there something wrong? Because on most games, I get freezes or crashes. 

Any tips/url to other forums would be appreciated.

v0u46o64q7s6.png
4 REPLIES 4

Roaster
Rising Star
You should have more RAM imo, but I just like lots of it.
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
That PC is only slightly above the minimum spec but it should manage most games sold on Oculus Home (not on max detail settings). It shouldn't be experiencing crashing though. Do these problems exist in normal, non-VR games? If not, try reinstalling all the Oculus stuff. It's possible some things got corrupted with driver and windows updates. Alternatively, if non-VR games crash too, then the problem runs deeper. Likely culprits in that case include: malware, bloatware, corrupted graphics card drivers and/or a corrupted windows install.

Richooal
Consultant

That PC is only slightly above the minimum spec

That's misleading.
His PC is actually higher than RECOMMENDED spec.
c6e77n6il6qg.jpg
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
It isn't higher, it pretty much exactly matches the recommended (the i5-7400 is roughly equal to the i5-4590). The confusion here is the recommended specs are only marginally better than the minimum and unrealistically low for a lot of VR games. See that disclaimer at the bottom of your own screenshot, Oculus openly admits this.

But the specs themselves probably aren't the issue, as already stated. All it means is there isn't any extra headroom for bloatware running in the background. That's the reason I brought it up.