cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift 2.0 update - Omg it is beautiful!

Snot_Shot
Expert Protege
I know there are a lot of "Rift 2.0 update" threads but this is my very first thread ever, so no lynching mmkay! :wink: 
Just wanted to say thank you to Oculus team.
Everything works perfect and no issues whatsoever. Well done guys!

Specs:
OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version    10.0.16299 Build 16299
System Manufacturer    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model    Z97-HD3
System Type    x64-based PC
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
GPU GeForce GTX 1060 6gb
RAM 16gb

65 REPLIES 65

Kevinaki
Heroic Explorer
If that's the case @Hiro_Protag0nist you'll have to invite me to your Home space if I miss out  :#

Kevinaki said:

If that's the case @Hiro_Protag0nist you'll have to invite me to your Home space if I miss out  :#

If you're not one of the cool kids you can't come in.  Hurry home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSCzDykng4g

Oculus have almost reached their download limit!
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

shiari
Heroic Explorer
Its pretty darn good, just typing this on the virtual keyboard to test that out too.

shiari said:

Its pretty darn good, just typing this on the virtual keyboard to test that out too.

Is that the keyboard that appears in the corner of the desktop? or the VR keyboard thats in front of you? my VR keyword has no keys!

reefy86
Adventurer
Has anyone gone to the notification window and collected your free element? its really good how they have done this 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

reefy86 said:

Has anyone gone to the notification window and collected your free element? its really good how they have done this 🙂

Yes I have, not sure what it was or where it went though LOL.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

shiari said:

Is that the keyboard that appears in the corner of the desktop? or the VR keyboard thats in front of you? my VR keyword has no keys!

Do you have your Windows desktop scale set to something other than 100%? Apparently that can mess up the keyboard.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well with the time I got to spend with it today, this is one sweet and fantastic update!! I am loving it!

nalex66 said:

shiari said:

Do you have your Windows desktop scale set to something other than 100%? Apparently that can mess up the keyboard.

Ah yes indeed, I have it at 165%.

Oh well, I won't start changing my desktop settings as it took ages to get them just so, I'd write a script to autochange the DPI scale but it needs a restart/logout to enact the change so wouldn't be ideal.

Hopefully the keyboard will get fixed, thanks nalex!

Dreamwriter
Rising Star
How do you click on something in Oculus Desktop? I point at an icon with a laser pointer, press the trigger, nothing. A, B, nothing. Left Touch controller instead of Right, nothing. I tried using my actual mouse, doesn't even show up. I then launched Virtual Desktop...holy cow that app has been hosed by this update. Totally non-responsive, flickering, bad.

Edit: OK, after I took off the headset, browsed to here, made the post, I then put the headset back on, brought up Oculus Desktop, and I could interact with the web browser. I then minimized the web browser, and it all works fine.

Nothing to see here, just a beta issue!