cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Core 2.0 SUCKS!! (I want my square icons back!!!!!!)

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer
I DEMAND! My square icons back! I had worked so hard to have everything neat and nice and it's all fucked up now! Instead of using the rectangular icons, core 2.0 cropped the square ones into rectangles!!! UNACCEPTABLE!!! And just when family supposed to come and I was gonna show it to everyone!
34 REPLIES 34

kzintzi
Trustee
the roll back out of the beta
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer

kzintzi said:

That's not a solution! That will work only until it's mandatory!

Dreamwriter
Rising Star
You were the crazy one to install a beta product right when you wanted a reliable product you were going to show everyone 😛 And the roll back of the beta will indeed work for this family show-off that you want to do, it’s not going to become mandatory tonight. Though I also remember seeing an option in the settings for using the old interface...

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer
I enabled beta, because... I don't remember now... Regardless, I have calmed down now, and the solution is for the OH to use cover_landscape_image.jpg instead of cover_square_image.jpg! Why is it set to use the square images? Everything will be cool again!

falken76
Expert Consultant

gr0bda said:

kzintzi said:

You can show your family what you wanted to if you roll back.  This update makes Oculus seem exactly like Steam VR.  I didn't explore all of it yet though.

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer

falken76 said:

gr0bda said:

kzintzi said:

You can show your family what you wanted to if you roll back.  This update makes Oculus seem exactly like Steam VR.  I didn't explore all of it yet though.

Won't do that, because seem like the problem with hands getting stuck that I've been experiencing is gone (so far at least), and as I said above it's only a temporary solution, until the new update is required.

I think I figured out a permanent solution though. Seem like all I have to do is just to make a copy of "cover_landscape_image.jpg" and rename it with the "cover_square_image.jpg" Less visual variety, but boy is it going to be so easy to make icons now! Exit icon is screwed up though and I don't know if its the same dimensions.

I did like the selection screen in the previous update that was using "small_landscape_image.jpg", that was way cooler, Pain in the butt to make them, but I liked it better. Maybe it's still there, hardly explored much.

kzintzi
Trustee
ok, so instead of ranting and being abusive, do the right thing and constructively participate in the Beta, which is the point of the Beta - if you think you've found a bug use the right method for reporting it, don't just spew random and abusive "this BETA software doesn't work" posts on the forum.
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's working pretty good for me. I'm loving the environments and the ability to visit friends homes.  The only thing that I found so far is a sound issue and I sent in my feedback already.  There's going to be a few issues, that's why it's called Beta Testing.