cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What core 2.0 could improve on

reefy86
Adventurer
Had a good play around and i have found a few issue's, i know its beta so some issues are to be expected but here are my views

1. annoying text boxes above your hand, i have checked and the only thing you can hide is the name tags above the buttons.
2. there are hands inside of your hand, my avatar hands are orange but you can see the original blue hologram hands inside.
3. the snap system can get a little frustrating and would be nice to grab and scale as some things seem in your face and a little claustrophobic.
4. playing video's (youtube is all i have tested) leaves a white flashing line straight down vertical down the centre.
5. when playing music from your computer it pauses when free roaming around your room which would be nice to listen to music while decorating your space.
6. the rest are things that i think will be added over time but i have no keyboard and i have no idea on how i can stack multiple windows on top of each other.

other then that oculus have done an outstanding job and i can see my self using this  every day 🙂
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

MowTin said:

Mane_Vr said:

an option for full locomotion would be nice too I hate teleporting to the point I would prefer the old home over this but if I had thumbstick movement that it would be a cool place to get away in

Yes! Why can't we at least have the OPTION for full locomotion? Some of us don't get motion sick and it's very frustrating to be limited to a locomotion system for people who do. 

I second (third?) that. Teleporting around inside a virtual room feels quite silly and disorienting.

cybernettr
Superstar
I had the hands inside hands issue when I somehow accidentally launched Giant Cop, and then I had my green avatar hands embedded into the cartoony gloved Giant Cop hands. It was very strange looking! I had to quit Giant Cop to get rid of it. I’ve had the white flashing line issue when I called up Dash from within Robo Recall. It seemed to be a rift (if you’ll pardon the expression) in the foreground Dash window that allowed the background Robo Recall “Do you want to continue” screen to show through.

I had another weird issue today where my right hand floated to the LEFT of my left hand! When I stretched my right arm out as far as I could, the avatar right hand moved in an arc BEHIND me! I had to physically move my body as far over as I could so my right hand really did line up with the avatar hand. That seemed to snap some sense into it and it behaved properly after that. 

MowTin
Expert Trustee
I also would like to see an option for seated play. 

One thing I love about From Other Suns is it has a seated option so that your height is adjusted as you move around. 

If I could have full locomotion and I could have a seated height adjustment, and if I could invite friends and if I could launch games together with friends that would be awesome. 

i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2