New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Ant in oculus

boonishboonish Posts: 1
NerveGear
So i have a little buddy inside my oculus whos really making me mad he has somehow gotten inside my oculus and is pooping all on the inside lens i read on one of the forums that its not possible for stuff to get on the inside lens? im taking it back and getting a new one but im wondering how i can prevent this from happening with the new one

Comments

• cybernettrcybernettr Posts: 933
    3Jane
    According to the little teeny tiny manual that came with it, you’re supposed to disconnect the HMD after every use and store it in the case it came with. Seems like a lot of work to me, but if you’re having problems with it, it seems like a good idea. 
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,784 Valuable Player
    Sheese , mine has been all plugged in ever since getting it back in Jan, yes it is a nice case but I have never disconnected to store it away in the case. Seems like would be a lot of wear and tear on the connectors.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,803 Valuable Player
    Maybe you can lure him out with honey.
    i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index
  • hoppingbunny123hoppingbunny123 Posts: 661
    Trinity
    edited December 2017
    Ya or get Criss Angel to take him out through the glass.
  • MadMan79MadMan79 Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Raid
  • Bruno_BGPBruno_BGP Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    Hey man, I have an ant inside mine too, and it's seems to be a big one. My only possible solution is too open the headset and take it out. There's a lot of tiny point that I'm trying to find out if it's bad pixels or just some poop.
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,237 Volunteer Moderator
    You may want to try leaving your headset unplugged overnight next to one of those flea traps, the ones with the little light that generates a gentle warmth over sticky paper. Most insects like warmth and that's probably what drew the ant into your headset.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18363.476)
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,237 Volunteer Moderator
    I was going to merge this thread with the ‘bug in Rift tracking’ thread but I realise they’re not the same.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18363.476)
  • hoppingbunny123hoppingbunny123 Posts: 661
    Trinity
    ya or get criss angel to take him out through the glass.
  • inovatorinovator Posts: 2,098 Valuable Player
    Ant traps
  • Bruno_BGPBruno_BGP Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    edited November 18
    The point is that there's a bit of dirty on the screen and I'm thinking on open the device to clean it out.