New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Home 2.0 - How to unlock the cool stuff?

ParadiseDecayParadiseDecay Posts: 510
Neo
edited December 2017 in General
Does anyone know how to unlock the cool items in the example homes?  Like the fairy tree, the humming bird, the airship etc?
☆ YouTube 'Content Creator' and 'Steam Curator' ( https://www.youtube.com/user/ParadiseDecay ) ☆ Devs! I'm always on the look out for new and interesting VR experiences! ☆ Oculus Rift CV1 ☆ Windows 10, 64 bit ☆ Intel Core i7-3770 ☆ 16.0GB Ram ☆ GeForce GTX 1060

Comments

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,152 Volunteer Moderator
    edited December 2017

From what I've seen, you get the stuff from spending time in VR, I believe they're randomly allotted. I've only really been using Medium lately but have receiver, I think,12 items so far, including the RC Airship.

The fairy tree looks really cool, but I don't have that yet.

They may be related to software purchases also but VR time is definitely a factor.

Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.418)
  • Arock387Arock387 Posts: 729
    Trinity
    I want that tree and I also want the little digitizer thing that unlocks the dragon that flies around in some of the demo setups.  I wish we had control over lighting and lamps though. the lamps don't seem to give off very much light
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 1,068
    Wintermute
    being able to position audio emitters and then have the play specific things would be awesome too. especially if you can define a boundary so in one corner you can hear a forest, and another a rock concert would be amazeballs.
    Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
  • Arock387Arock387 Posts: 729
    Trinity
    or your own music on the computer?
  • RoasterRoaster Posts: 1,053
    3Jane
    Arock387 said:
    or your own music on the computer?
    easy, open desktop, open music player, grab and position and pin, select track, enjoy
    i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu
    Wintermute
    I think the point @Arock387 was making is that he'd like to have one corner with music from his library, but not everywhere.
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,047 Valuable Player
    I've heard that shaking the box so that it rumbles and glows the brightest gives you better items. I've certainly got a fair few good ones since I started doing that. It's all in the wrist lol :o :D
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • InachuInachu Posts: 37
    Brain Burst
    I do not know any of this and I am outside with a radio and koi in some asian home
  • MoeCappMoeCapp Posts: 115
    Art3mis
    I just want to unlock proper free locomotion.
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,152 Volunteer Moderator
    edited February 2018
    AKreska said:
    I thought you guys might appreciate this.  :D

...that could be the same achievement for those who work in the windowless rooms at customs
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.418)
  • FieldOfVisionFieldOfVision Posts: 205 Oculus Start Member
    I agree with above, it's all about using VR, playing games and such. I've unlocked a lot of stuff now since December, including the Fairy tree. To be honest the more you unlock the harder it is to have some kind of running theme in the room. As I want to see everything that's new, but at the same time I don't want my room to look like a circus!
    It would be GREAT to be able to save several room layouts. So I could switch between a game room with targets and my zen room with the fairy tree.

Check out our VR games here: www.FieldOf.Vision
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    edited February 2018
    I agree with above, it's all about using VR, playing games and such. I've unlocked a lot of stuff now since December, including the Fairy tree. To be honest the more you unlock the harder it is to have some kind of running theme in the room. As I want to see everything that's new, but at the same time I don't want my room to look like a circus!
    It would be GREAT to be able to save several room layouts. So I could switch between a game room with targets and my zen room with the fairy tree.

You can have as many rooms as you like. It's in there.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • DimitrioskyDimitriosky Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Do I get rewards for spending time in Steam VR games?
    Do I get rewards for spending time in Steam VR games?

I don't think so, played Skyrim for hours but no boxes then jumped into Medium in VR and got a box after 30 mins.

However, if you spend time in Home for a few mins at least once a week, you get 3 "loot boxes" as a reward, every 7 days.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,047 Valuable Player
    I haven't checked mine for ages due to playing seated experiences for so long. I might have to blow the dust off my Touch controllers and have a look at some point. I've probably got more boxes than Father Christmas at the moment lol :o :D :D :D
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    snowdog said:
    I haven't checked mine for ages due to playing seated experiences for so long. I might have to blow the dust off my Touch controllers and have a look at some point. I've probably got more boxes than Father Christmas at the moment lol :o :D :D :D
    Oh yeah, good luck with that. The new spooky Halloween set is actually a lot of fun, very Adams Family decor.

• CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,756 Valuable Player
    snowdog said:
    I've heard that shaking the box so that it rumbles and glows the brightest gives you better items. I've certainly got a fair few good ones since I started doing that. It's all in the wrist lol :o :D
    I enjoy opening it in creative ways, too.  If you very gently 'boop' it with your hand (might have to be making a fist)  it'll float off into the air and you can use it for archery practice. :lol:

Or set up some of those digital targets and just chuck it at 'em like you're playing a carnival game, lol.
    It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
    Wintermute
    I try and bounce them off of different objects in my home - just in case that makes a difference :tongue:

• LippeeLippeeLippeeLippee Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    HI Gang -
    I'm SO frustrated. What is the button combo to bring up your home inventory? And once up, *how* exactly do you drag an item into the home? (I must have figured this out some time ago as I DO have items in my home but now pulling the middle finger-trigger doesn't work to bring an item in).
    Finally - how do you DELETE a home item? Say I want that new couch -- How do I delete the old one?

Many thanks,
    Lip
    Wintermute
    hey

there is a put away button on each controller - grab the item and then press it (Y or B depending on handedness)

you can grab with the grip buttons to pull things out of your inventory (unless you have your home editing locked in settings)

there is an option to show the tutorial popups if you're game.
  • Mathieu1207Mathieu1207 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I accidentally pushed my Blaster gun somewhere below the ground and now its gone.. Got 0 instances left of Blaster, and can’t find a way to reset it.. Any idea? Or where can I earn new blasters?
  • sford52sford52 Posts: 173
    Art3mis
    I accidentally pushed my Blaster gun somewhere below the ground and now its gone.. Got 0 instances left of Blaster, and can’t find a way to reset it.. Any idea? Or where can I earn new blasters?
    I've had that happen several times with the boomerang, bad throws and it doesn't come back to me. About 1/3 of the time it shows up on the floor after I've restarted rift.  About 1/3 of the time it's back in the inventory. About 1/3 of the time I have to completely clear the home - empty everything - after which it (and everything else) is back in the inventory. Not a big deal to me, as I dont do any decorating other than targets, blaster, bow&arrow, boomerang and air car. But had I a fancier home, it would tick me off to have to clear just to get a stupid "lost" item.
    ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home
    Wintermute
    the only way I've found to stop this is to lock my home before I play with things like the blasters, bows and so on.. that way they pop back to their starting locations when I res back in; doesn't help when you've lost it already though..
  • ReviiRevii Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    You can have more rooms. Just save another room and place portal linking Your rooms (I do this and thats cool, because I have my Spaceship room, and my girlfriend have shes wooden hut in mountains, that are connected with one portal dors between) If You want see this look here: https://www.oculus.com/place/2365428933513234/ or https://www.oculus.com/place/2232684993712592/ (there are linked with portal dors)

• ReviiRevii Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    ParadiseDecay said:
    Does anyone know how to unlock the cool items in the example homes?  Like the fairy tree, the humming bird, the airship etc?

And here is for what You can get reward in oculus:
    You can play this titles  for rewards, but some rewards are unlocked only if You get achivements in this games

• dragonart777dragonart777 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    i have so much stuff but yet 90 % of them or frames. and rewords for showing that i played a game.   a lot of them loots where what i already have.  i been playing for a fue years back when oculus was 699$ and controller was 100$.   you thank i have so much more. but i don't.   got a friend that just ordered the oculus s today.     i came in here to see if there was a way to get more guns and bows.   i got 2 bows and 2 lazer tags  at star wars saver/sword